Windows 10: After updating the driver there is no sound in my pc.

Discus and support After updating the driver there is no sound in my pc. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Synaptics SmartAudio HD in my PC. I updated it and there is no sound after that. This is fourth or fifth time I am facing this problem. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AFTABA, Nov 23, 2019.

1. AFTABA Win User

After updating the driver there is no sound in my pc.

I have Synaptics SmartAudio HD in my PC. I updated it and there is no sound after that. This is fourth or fifth time I am facing this problem. I searched for solutions and got one. I uninstalled the driver and restarted PC , sound came back. Every time I do that and sound comes back. But this time it didn't work. Please free my pc from this problem that I am facing again and again.

:)

AFTABA, Nov 23, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Sound doesn't work - but driver won't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would suggest you to go to the device manager and check if the sound drivers are installed. If installed please update the drivers and check.

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager, expand “sound, video and game controllers”
      and check if any sound drivers are installed.

• If yes, right click on the driver and hit update.
    Or else go the manufacturer website and install the latest driver.

Step 2: Also run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

1. After updating the driver there is no sound in my pc. - Similar Threads - updating driver sound

2. No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers: I've been having issues with my front panel audio jack, but I recently got it to the point of detecting something being plugged in, but not playing audio. So I reinstalled my audio drivers. But now there's no sound from any of the audio jacks. Audio is shown as playing, but I...
  3. Sound not working after updating audio drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not working after updating audio drivers: Hey, after an automatic update from Windows Update on my Acer Nitro AN515-55 my sound both speakers and headphones stopped working and when you test the speakers it will give you a pop-up window with "Failed to play test note.". To repair that, I uninstalled the audio driver...
  4. Sound is not working after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is not working after updating drivers: I ran the recommended updates on my drivers and after that for some reason I did not have any sound. Has anyone else had this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-not-working-after-updating-drivers/0ac99e9d-e3a7-409c-884f-beb4f26039a0
  5. Lost sound driver after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost sound driver after update: This happens every time there is an update. I cannot recall how I fixed it before. Already tried going to Device Manager and trying to update the driver. Only one shows there and cannot fix it. This i why I HATE these updates....
  6. NO AUDIO after updating sound driver

NO AUDIO after updating sound driver: Hello. I've recently installed the newest Realtek Audio Driver, but then my audio simply stopped working. There's audio going up on my mixer, but nothing comes off from my headphone or speaker. I've tried uninstalling the driver and installing all again. But nothing...
  7. No sound after updating graphics drivers

No sound after updating graphics drivers: I booted up my computer the other day and was greeting with a message saying my nvidia graphics drivers needed to be updated. After installing the update, I had no sound on my computer. I tried to look up the problem and found that others had had the same one, but there does...
  8. Audio sounds horrible after driver update

Audio sounds horrible after driver update: Earlier I updated some of my drivers including audio device drivers (Realtek Audio 6.0.1.8475), but since I updated it, my audio has sounded horrible and I haven't been able to fix it. For some reason now voices are absurdly quiet on everything, games, music, videos, etc....
  9. No sound after updating drivers

No sound after updating drivers: Hello, I have recently tried to update sound drivers and I've lost all sound output after that. The sound test shows working but there's no sound. Nothing I've tried helped. Rolled back the drivers, running diagnostics..I even reinstalled the windows still have the same...
  10. Pc sound not working after a update

Pc sound not working after a update: I went to shower and as i came back my computer was updating. I wasn't fazed as i do have auto updates on but when i turned my laptop back on there was no audio of any kind. None through my headphones nor my speakers. I'm in the middle of something very important and need my...