Windows 10: After updating, there is no password box to login

Discus and support After updating, there is no password box to login in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had problems when I was trying to update my Windows to the latest version three times, it appeared undoing the changes, but finally it did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertWells6, Oct 19, 2021.

1. After updating, there is no password box to login

I had problems when I was trying to update my Windows to the latest version three times, it appeared undoing the changes, but finally it did not appear, I thought I had, but when Windows goes to the login screen to type my password, the box does not appear password on screen so I couldn't login. What is the solution, I have no disk from my windows.

:)

RobertWells6, Oct 19, 2021

2. No password login box

Hi Helen,

There could be changes made with the settings on your computer that has disabled the option to have users to log in with a username and password. This should be enabled back to get again the login window.

If you're able to login to your system without using the password, please follow these steps to enable the login window during startup:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Run.
    • In the Run field, type in control userpasswords2 and hit
      Enter.
    • In the User Accounts dialog box, check the box for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Restart your computer and see if you're prompted with the login window.

In case you can't login to your system, please boot your computer in Safe Mode. Check out the link,

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    and follow the steps in From the sign-in screen. Once you're in Safe Mode, follow the steps above to enable the password prompt. Once done, restart your computer to go back to normal mode.

Update us on how it goes so we can assist you further.

Regards.

"If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to mark it as answer

to help those who are facing the same problem."

Vanessa Yar, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Oct 19, 2021
  4. donnyb Win User

After updating, there is no password box to login

No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

After updating, there is no password box to login

1. After updating, there is no password box to login - Similar Threads - updating password box

2. No Password Box on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Password Box on Login Screen: I have a windows login and so does my daughter. She was logging on when she shouldn't so I went into the settings and blocked her from being about to log in. Best part is that now I can not remember er what I did to undo it. When on the sign in screen, no box comes up to...
  3. No Password Box on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Password Box on Login Screen: I have a windows login and so does my daughter. She was logging on when she shouldn't so I went into the settings and blocked her from being about to log in. Best part is that now I can not remember er what I did to undo it. When on the sign in screen, no box comes up to...
  4. Password box disappeared on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password box disappeared on Login Screen: My login box has disappeared on one of my computers. I have recreated the user account restarted the computer, and even ran Windows updates, but the issue is still present. I had an identical issue on one of my other computer, and the user account recreation worked, but in...
  5. Password box disappeared on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password box disappeared on Login Screen: My login box has disappeared on one of my computers. I have recreated the user account restarted the computer, and even ran Windows updates, but the issue is still present. I had an identical issue on one of my other computer, and the user account recreation worked, but in...
  6. Password box disappeared on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. After updating, there is no password box to login

After updating, there is no password box to login: I had problems when I was trying to update my Windows to the latest version three times, it appeared undoing the changes, but finally it did not appear, I thought I had, but when Windows goes to the login screen to type my password, the box does not appear password on screen...
  8. After updating, there is no password box to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating, there is no password box to login: I had problems when I was trying to update my Windows to the latest version three times, it appeared undoing the changes, but finally it did not appear, I thought I had, but when Windows goes to the login screen to type my password, the box does not appear password on screen...
  9. After updating no password box to login

After updating no password box to login: Hello I am not happy to write to you But I will be grateful if you make me happy I experienced problems when I was trying to update my windows to latest version three times it appeared undoing changes, but finally it didn't appear I thought that I did it but when...
  10. After Windows 10 update no password box can't login

After Windows 10 update no password box can't login: My computer went through an update. When I rebooted I no longer see my mouse pointer to swipe up for the password box to appear. I cannot log into my computer. I have tried unplugging the mouse and replugging it in, I have tried rebooting, I have tried changing out the...