Windows 10: After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.

Discus and support After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I searched the sub-reddit and didn't see if anyone else is having this issue, so if this is a repost I apologize. But essentially. I updated to 20H2,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Getz2oo3, Dec 13, 2020.

1. After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.

I searched the sub-reddit and didn't see if anyone else is having this issue, so if this is a repost I apologize.

But essentially. I updated to 20H2, and anytime I go to launch a program, Chrome, Discord, Game, whatever. They are taking an extremely long time to load up. I was previously on 1909 and did not have this issue. Everything was pretty much "instant".

In some cases software - Like Chrome especially, are taking up to a full minute before they come up. My boot time doesn't seem to have been effected, and programs in my Startup are coming up as expected.

I'm on a i7-8700K, 32GB DDR4-3200, and a Samsung EVO 970 nvme SSD for my C:\. I really am not understanding this issue.

I've tried all the fixes I can think of like chkdsk, DISM, SFC, etc etc. Even reinstalled Windows. Doesn't seemed to have resolved the issue. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

submitted by /u/Getz2oo3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Getz2oo3, Dec 13, 2020
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 version 20H2

I down loaded windows 10 version 20H2 and now many games I play on FB are VERY slow. The games worked ok on version 2004. Question if I down load version 2004 will it override version 20H2, or do I need to remove version 20H2 prior to downloading version
    2004?

Thanks.

Richard Alan, Dec 13, 2020
  4. After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.

programs loading slowly after recent Windows 10 updates

Does anyone have any ideas on why PC is so slow loading programs after recent updates? I have tried all the suggestions I have found online.

SybilGoldberg, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.

1. After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow. - Similar Threads - updating 20H2 Programs

2. Windows 10 Update 20H2 Very Slow to Load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 20H2 Very Slow to Load: I just passed the three hour mark in installing this update, and apparently it's 88% complete. At this rate I could have built a new computer instead. Is anyone else experiencing this? Looking for recommendations on how to get this process completed....
  3. Windows 10 Update 20H2 Very Slow Load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 20H2 Very Slow Load: I just passed the three hour mark in installing this update, and apparently it's 88% complete. At this rate I could have built a new computer instead. Is anyone else experiencing this? Looking for recommendations on how to get this process completed....
  4. Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update: Hi, I've recently decided to update my windows 10 machine to 20H2 in order to use some WSL 2 features. I have noticed, however, that my PC gets annoyingly laggy when using the Windows Terminal, WSL, Chrome or just by opening any other program. Has anyone ever had this problem...
  5. Programs loading slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs loading slow: I was messing with OC and when I though I had everything good to go (was going for 5GHz on a i7-9700K), then the errors came and I was doom and figure this is the best I'm going to get at 4.9. So after that, I noticed that nothing would load like it did in the past. I turned...
  6. Programs loading slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs loading slow: When I click on a program (double click), the program doesn't pop up. When I click on it again, it might come up, but when I do this I get two of the program running. Any clue on why this is happening? Thanks 166737
  7. Slow Loading and executing programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Loading and executing programs: My pc began to slow down shortly after the update at the beginning of December 2019. It continued until yesterday when the system would not open a program or icon. I originally thought that my MS Office 2016 programs were corrupted since I could not get Outlook to open. I...
  8. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  9. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  10. SLOW LOADING AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SLOW LOADING AFTER UPDATE: After getting Windows 10 updates on October 4 and this am, I have experience slow load times for my bookmark pages...and when searching the web. Is this normal or is there a problem somewhere? Thanks....