Windows 10: After updating to Win.10 version 1903, Audio no longer works after audio has not played for...

Discus and support After updating to Win.10 version 1903, Audio no longer works after audio has not played for... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'll try to keep this brief yet descriptive, If I've left information out then please let me know, thank you in advance. On October 27th,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brandon_[Online], Jul 11, 2020.

1. After updating to Win.10 version 1903, Audio no longer works after audio has not played for...

Hello, I'll try to keep this brief yet descriptive, If I've left information out then please let me know, thank you in advance.

On October 27th, 2019, I updated windows to version 1903. After updating, I eventually found the audio from any software on my computer will work for an infinite amount of time until I stop all audio from the computer. After a few moments passing, the audio will no longer play. IE: Youtube will display an audio endpoint error, and software will simply not play audio.

After a month of troubleshooting whenever I had the time, I found the "Go back to the previous version of windows 10" recovery option but couldn't use it since 10 days passed.

I'd revert to a restore point, but don't have any from before the update.

The "Playing audio" Troubleshooter tells me "Audio Services not responding", despite the services all running.

I've tried updating, installing, rolling back, and reinstalling driver after driver, and no new or legacy driver has fixed this issue.

I've set the following services' "Startup Type" to "automatic" while attempting online solution articles.

• Windows audio
    • Windows Audio Endpoint builder
    • RPC Endpoint Mapper
    • Remote Procedure Call RPC
    • Plug and Play

I've tried also installing newer updates without success.

Because the audio works fine until it's stopped, I don't think it is the drivers causing the issues, I believe the audio chipset is getting set to "sleep mode" for lower power consumption but is not called to "wake", However I have no experience in audio work or windows framework, ect, and I could be wrong on this idea.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

Computer specifications:

HP Envy M7 notebook

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Currently installed version: 1903

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM

Realtek High Definition Audio

:)

Brandon_[Online], Jul 11, 2020
  2. spirydon Win User

Fire-wire audio device not working correctly after Win 10 updates 1903 and 1909

Our Fire-wire audio device does not respond correctly when changing Sampling rates or Buffer sizes making our hardware inoperative.

These issues appeared directly after the 1903 win 10 update and continues also on 1909 Win 10 update.

Before these updates all worked normally.

Is there a bug on these updates, or has Microsoft changed the way that fire-wire audio devices work?

Multiple PC's brands has been tested with our audio hardware resulting to the same problem.

Our drivers for the audio device in use are signed under the name TC Group A/S.

Looking forward for a reply.

spirydon, Jul 11, 2020
  3. GuptaAmar Win User
    After 1903 update audio jack stop working.

I have updated windows 1903, now audio jack doesn't work. If you put headphones and then restart my laptop, it start working in next boot. And after that if I remove headphones and re-plug it stop working.

Speakers working fine, I have update all drivers, removed audio drivers, installed drivers from dell's website, in all cases it doesn't work. My laptop is up to date.

Edition - Windows 10 Pro

Version - 1903

OS build - 18362.239

Dell Vostro 3568

Drivers:

Speaker/ Headphone (Realtek Audio)

Provider - Microsoft

Version - 10.0.18362.1

Intel Display Audio

Version - 10.22.1.97

Realtek Audio

Version - 6.0.1.8622

GuptaAmar, Jul 11, 2020
  4. After updating to Win.10 version 1903, Audio no longer works after audio has not played for...

No Audio devices detected after update (Win 10 Pro - build 1903)

Hi everyone,

After surfing through the community and trying almost everything that was said on here, I decided to finally ask for help, because this bug cost me more than enough time to solve it.

So, as the title says, after installing the update for Win 10 Pro - 1903 OS build 18362.449, all of my audio devices, and my WebCam on my Asus laptop no longer work and are not recognized in the Sound settings menu. The Audio troubleshotter
    can't find anything and only recommends a restart and a driver re-installation - which I already did several times, and the only feedback I get from the Device Manager is: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this
    hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

Devices that do not work:

• USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam
    • GAMDAIS USB Audio Device (headset)
    • Intel Display Audio
    • Microsoft Streaming Clock Proxy/Quality Manager Proxy/Service Proxy/Sink-to-sink Converter
    • Microsoft Trusted Audio Drivers
    • Realter HD Audio
    I tried clearing settings, reinstalling drivers for Realtek, Intel and my headset, restarting.

What else am I missing?

CvičekPower7, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

After updating to Win.10 version 1903, Audio no longer works after audio has not played for...

1. After updating to Win.10 version 1903, Audio no longer works after audio has not played for... - Similar Threads - updating version 1903

2. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  3. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  4. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. audio not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio not working after update: I think I need my old driver. my audio stopped working. this has happened before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-after-update/bc39bae1-4ed7-459c-9204-b7b70d6d9d1f
  6. Audio Not Working After Windows 10 Version 2004 Update

Audio Not Working After Windows 10 Version 2004 Update: Hello My audio is still not working after the recent Winows 10 Version 2004 update. It causes the system to auto lockdown after initial booting and the audio functions are now totally lost. Please let me know what is current status to fix these bugging issues. Appreciate...
  7. Audio Problems after win 10 updates version 1909

Audio Problems after win 10 updates version 1909: I am having audio problems which coincide with the last batch of win 10 updates . Before these updates the Audio on my PC was working fine. The problems have been consistent for about the last 2 weeks these being Audio dropout when playing MP3 files and also when watching...
  8. Audio after 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio after 1903: My computer was updated a number of days ago, since then I have not been able to use any audio. My audio has a red "X" near it on the taskbar. When I try to troubleshoot, nothing happens. I request simply a way to solve this one minor issue. I've tried many online fixes that...
  9. Audio after 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio after 1903: My computer was updated a number of days ago, since then I have not been able to use any audio. My audio has a red "X" near it on the taskbar. When I try to troubleshoot, nothing happens. I request simply a way to solve this one minor issue. I've tried many online fixes that...
  10. After 1903 update audio jack stop working.

After 1903 update audio jack stop working.: I have updated windows 1903, now audio jack doesn't work. If you put headphones and then restart my laptop, it start working in next boot. And after that if I remove headphones and re-plug it stop working. Speakers working fine, I have update all drivers, removed audio...