Windows 10: After updating to Win10 version 20H2 I cannot HOME NETWORK my Desktop & Laptop

Discus and support After updating to Win10 version 20H2 I cannot HOME NETWORK my Desktop & Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a NEW problem following my updating my Desktop & Laptop to version 20H2. I have for years NETWORKED & shifted hundreds of files / many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BearPaw33, Nov 17, 2020.

1. BearPaw33 Win User

After updating to Win10 version 20H2 I cannot HOME NETWORK my Desktop & Laptop

This is a NEW problem following my updating my Desktop & Laptop to version 20H2.

I have for years NETWORKED & shifted hundreds of files / many directories

from my FINAL VERSION IS ALWAYS ON THE DESKTOP to mobile clones on my Laptop.

Now I cannot see my two PCs on the network other than the laptop's "user" directory only.

I have spent TWO DAYS reading MS support & many Youtube videos & Much more.

The most complete checklist on a video I found didn't work, either. Here is the URL:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-file-explorer-not-showing-network-computers

I Followed the Video steps slavishly with NO success:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Using search cortana open

CONTROL PANEL

Open

Network Sharing Center

Change advanced network settings

Turn on network discovery

Turn on Automatic setup of network controlled devices

save changes

Win+R

RUN

Services.msc

ok

function discovery resource publication

set to

automatic

highlight again

function discovery resource publication

click on

START

close SERVICES window

Open File explorer.

NETWORK

put mouse in middle of white space and hit

Refresh

close File Explorer Network

Win+R

RUN

Services.msc

OPEN A BLANK RECTANGULAR BOX

enter my IPV4 Desktop address
    Command-IPCONFIG and SPECCY gave me variant IPV Desktop addresses.

In Norton 'Firewall Trusted Device" I use them serially and then both of them. No joy.

it could NOT FIND DESKTOP 192.168.0.11

it could NOT FIND DESKTOP 192.168.0.2

it could NOT FIND LAPTOP 192.168.0.12

Open File explorer.

both Desktop and Laptop NETWORK displays:

I DO see my laptops USERS directory.. ONLY... NOTHING ELSE

I cannot 'SEE' both PCs and I cannot update my Laptop with

the final / best hundreds of files in dozens of directories.

I want my home network back.

Microsoft KILLED HomeGroup a while ago, now it killed ad-hoc home networking.

I really like my software SYNCBACK PRO that helps me 'mirror' working directories over 2 devices.

How do I get a working home network back?

Thanks in advance

:)

BearPaw33, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Ikaruga Win User

GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Networking between laptop and desktop on same network both under Windows 10

We have 6 computers on our PERSONAL HOME network (NOT HomeGroup as we have mutiple versions of Windows - on purpose). Prior to WIN10, we were able to open files and share access.

I have WIN10 on my Dell Laptop and we just installed WIN10 on our desktop. Once we updated the desktop we have the following scenario:

WIN10 Desktop CAN access my WIN10 DELL Laptop

WIN10 Desktop CAN access our Vista Dell Laptop

WIN10 DELL Laptop CAN acccess our Vista Dell Laptop

WIN10 DELL Laptop CANNOT access our WIN10 Desktop

Cannot find any help on this but need to resolve this as soon as possible.

Any suggestions?

shark13diver, Nov 17, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. After updating to Win10 version 20H2 I cannot HOME NETWORK my Desktop & Laptop - Similar Threads - updating Win10 version

2. Win10 home, locked out of PC after update 20H2

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 home, locked out of PC after update 20H2: This is a bit of a mess thank you MS....The TL;DR - Laptop uses a local account not a PIN with user/pass since forever. Updated Windows 10 Home to 20H2 and now the only option is to login with an MS account, which can't be done. Locked to login screen. I can login via MS...
  3. Win10 home, locked out of PC after update 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 home, locked out of PC after update 20H2: This is a bit of a mess thank you MS....The TL;DR - Laptop uses a local account not a PIN with user/pass since forever. Updated Windows 10 Home to 20H2 and now the only option is to login with an MS account, which can't be done. Locked to login screen. I can login via MS...
  4. Win10 home, locked out of PC after update 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update: My laptop would not increase its battery charge level even when plugged in actually that's not 100% true, details below.When the laptop is plugged in, the battery charging icon in the task bar would show the charging animation for a short while and then the animation stops....
  6. laptop cannot connect to home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laptop cannot connect to home network: I have a dell laptop wirelessly connected to the internet, I have a PC on ethernet to the internet, a cable modem and a wireless router. Both are up to date W10 pro.I can see the PC from the laptop, but when I try to login, I face the following problems:1. the email is grayed...
  7. cannot update my windows 10 to version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot update my windows 10 to version 20H2: i cannot my windows 10 to version 20H2 and it keeps giving me the below mentioned error message.i already had un-installed this app but still this message comes up , i cannot find this app in "programs and features"please help...
  8. Cannot open Windows Live Mail after update to Win10 Version 20H2

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open Windows Live Mail after update to Win10 Version 20H2: Just updated to Version 20H2 and had a couple of problems. The first was solved by a group member, and I'm hoping someone else can help with this one. I'm running Windows Live Mail (I know, I know, it's old and unsupported, but I like it), which has run just fine under Win10...
  9. Cannot Update to Version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Update to Version 20H2: I tried updating, but it after it said installing 100%, it restarted and said [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-to-version-20h2/bec646d4-d975-45e8-b8b0-9c3e12e6a93d
  10. Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2: i had genuine windows 10 home, when i update my windows, after restart, it changed from Home to Enterprise. Now windows is not activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-changed-from-home-to-enterprise-after/d3d016fa-a347-4a2c-be82-f1b5dc4ffd86