Windows 10: After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working

Discus and support After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working. There is no sound my web browsers. I have tested this in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steven Haymes, Sep 14, 2020.

1. After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working

After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working.

There is no sound my web browsers. I have tested this in both the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. When playing videos, the sound is significantly reduced too. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the drivers. This did not work. I then installed the additional Create driver provided by Windows Update. This did not work either. How can I fix this?

Windows 10 updates breaking things is still a big problem!

:)

Steven Haymes, Sep 14, 2020

2. Soundblaster audiogy fx dissapears overnight. No sound on reboot next day !

Hi Adam,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer or motherboard?
    2. Did you remove any previous sound card and installed Soundblaster Audiogy FX card?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting methods and check if this helps.

Method 1: Reinstalling The Sound Blaster Audigy Fx Drivers.

The latest drivers for your Sound Blaster Audigy Fx are available from here:
    Sound
    Blaster Audigy Fx

Step 1: Go to the above website and download the
    Sound Blaster Audigy Fx Software Pack for Windows 10 driver onto your computer.

Step 2: Once you download the driver, remove the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx Sound Card from your computer and uninstall all the audio drivers from
    Device Manager.

Step 3: Restart the computer once > Install the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx Sound Card > Then, install the drivers that you downloaded previously >
    Restart the computer once again and check for the issue.

Method 2: Set The Audio Services To Automatic.

Make sure the audio is working fine before trying the below steps.

Step 1: Press the Windows and
    R keys > Type Services.msc > Hit Enter.

Step 2: In the Services window, search for
    Windows Audio
    service > Right-click on Windows Audio service >
    Properties > Set Startup type to Automatic by clicking on the drop-down list.

Step 3: Click on Apply > OK.

Step 4: Then, search for Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service and follow the
    Step 2 and set the Startup type to Automatic > Click on
    Apply > OK.

Step 5: Restart the computer once and check for the issue.

Method 3: Fix Sound Problems In Windows 10.

If Method 1 didn't fix the issue, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

Method 4: Sound Blaster: General Audio Troubleshooting.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    Sound Blaster: General Audio Troubleshooting and see if this helps.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and Soundblaster Audigy FX missing 3 of 5 Altec Lansing Speakers

I do have the Audigy control panel - No matter if I use windows 10 testing or SoundBlaster Audigy testing, it shows that it is checking the Center, Rear and woofer, but there is no sound.

I have checked the cables. If I take out the woofer cable and "short it" with my finger (only) I can hear the clicking in the woofer. Likewise with the rear speakers.

I have installed and reinstalled drivers from Creative.

Creative told me to turn up the volume After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working :) DId that and although the stereo speakers work great - can hear anything from the other three/woofer

Windows 10 is pretty good, but this is driving me nuts.

Any ideas?

Is there a card out there to give me 5.1 that would work with Windows 10 and Altec Lansing ada 995 5.1 THX?

JerryN2020, Sep 14, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working

Need basic sound card recommendation - Sound Blaster obsoleted by Windows 10 1803 update

Are you sure that your computer doesn't have a sound chip on the motherboard? My aged Studio XPS 8100 has that.

Creative (who bought SoundBlaster long ago) makes the
    Sound Blaster Audigy FX
    for only $40 on their website ... and you could probably pay less than that elsewhere.

I remember when SoundBlaster owned PC audio. That was long ago. Now the sound chips on motherboards provides all the sound most people need. Today's sound cards are for special purposes like gaming. They do sound amazing.

BulldogXX, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working

1. After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working - Similar Threads - updating 2004 Creative

2. Creative Sound Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creative Sound Card: I just brought a Creative SB Audigy RX sound card, everything is find only the driver from creative web site is oudated. Anywhere i can find mod/hack/updated drivers ? Thanks. 168355
  3. After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working

After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working: After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working. There is no sound my web browsers. I have tested this in both the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. When playing videos, the sound is significantly reduced...
  4. Audigy sound card not being recognised after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audigy sound card not being recognised after update: After updates on the 13th I get no sound and the card is not found by Windows ot the Creative software. If I use the motherboard sound it works OK Thanks...
  5. Creative Soundblaster Issues

Creative Soundblaster Issues: Hi, Bit of a strange issue here with sound. My system is a fresh install of Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.752 & my sound is configured as 5.1 except theFront Left speaker does not play sound/music nor the Test Tone when checking the speakers during "Configure"...
  6. Creative Audigy 2/2Z Drivers for Windows 10 1903 - No Sound.

Creative Audigy 2/2Z Drivers for Windows 10 1903 - No Sound.: If you are experiencing no sound after updating to 1903 from 1809 or doing a clean install do the following: If you do not have Daniel K's SB Audigy Series Support Pack 6.2 installed already then download this from:...
  7. Windows 10 and Soundblaster Audigy FX missing 3 of 5 Altec Lansing Speakers

Windows 10 and Soundblaster Audigy FX missing 3 of 5 Altec Lansing Speakers: I just purchased a new custom computer with windows 10 Pro. 64 bit operating system Intel i9,32G Memory. It has a SoundBlaster Audigy Fx card in it. I attached it to my older Dell Altex Lansing ADA995 5,1 Lucasfilm THX certified speakers. I can only hear from the front...
  8. no Sound from creative soundblaster card since windows 10 update

no Sound from creative soundblaster card since windows 10 update: I have been pulling my hair out trying to get sound back ever since installing the most recent updates to windows 10. Delete, reinstall ,troubleshooting, downloading new updates from creative resetting the audio service over and over again, nothing works my computer tells me...
  9. Audigy FX Problems

Audigy FX Problems: Howdy! I bought a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 Sound Card SB1570 a couple of years back and I never have been able to get it to work correctly in Win 8.1 or Win 10. It'll work just fine occasionally after a shutdown, but if I reboot again it'll stop and may not...
  10. Soundblaster Fx not working is there a fix

Soundblaster Fx not working is there a fix: Sound blaster fx will not work there site now says a driver will be ready in Aug is there a work around this to get it to work? thank you. 7936

Users found this page by searching for:

1. creative sound blaster audigy rx one process preventing shutting down