Windows 10: After updating to Windows 10 Creators, screen won't wake

Discus and support After updating to Windows 10 Creators, screen won't wake in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Updated to the new windows 10 creators OS and now whenever my laptop goes into sleep mode, the normal functions that used to wake it up out of sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by weswes, Jul 18, 2017.

1. weswes Win User

After updating to Windows 10 Creators, screen won't wake

Updated to the new windows 10 creators OS and now whenever my laptop goes into sleep mode, the normal functions that used to wake it up out of sleep mode (tapping space bar or mouse pad) no longer work. The screen doesn't turn on but the power light indicates that the computer itself is still turned on. I have to do a hard shut down by holding the power button and then turn it back on. This is a new Lenovo laptop (2 months old) and has had no issues up to this point.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks

:)

weswes, Jul 18, 2017

2. Some laptop models may boot to a black screen in Creators Update after closing and opening the lid

After installing the Windows 10 Creators Update, the following Dell models may wake to a black screen after closing and opening the lid:

Alienware 17 R4

Precision M7710

Precision M6800

It requires a hard reboot to restore the display. This problem then reoccurs the next time the lid is closed and re-opened.

Michael Tal, Jul 18, 2017
  3. problems after Windows 10 fall creators update

I need help fixing 2 problems that occurred after the the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

1) My computer makes me LOG IN TWICE (i.e. enter my password twice) every time I turn it on or wake it up from sleeping.

2) My scanner won't work. The computer says it is not connected to the scanner. I have an all in one printer-scanner-etc. It still prints, but it won't scan.

LindaSelby521, Jul 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jul 19, 2017
Thema:

1. After updating to Windows 10 Creators, screen won't wake - Similar Threads - updating Creators screen

2. Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020: After running the latest Windows 10 update on March 26, 2020, I have a blank screen that won't wake up after the update. If I turn the computer off by holding down the power button, and then click F2 while the computer is restarting,the HP logo appears on the screen with the...
  3. Windows 10 April 2018 Creator's Update won't install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 April 2018 Creator's Update won't install: Hello. I have been trying get the the April Creator's Update to work for months. It installs, then when the computer restarts it gets "stuck" at the Windows loading screen for a while, then once it it loads up it says the update has failed and it's "reverting changes". All...
  4. Edge won't work after Creator

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't work after Creator: Hi everyone, my very first post anywhere and I am desperate! Upgraded to Creator 3 weeks ago and Edge won't open since - click on it, opens, hangs then back to desktop. Have tried various options to repair but no joy. Now I also get funny message on start up - will try and...
  5. Blue screen after installing Creators Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after installing Creators Update: I've been running Windows 10 Education on my Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe based system for 2ys now and as far as I remember haven't had a blue screen So I rebuilt my machine today with Windows 10 Enterprise Build 15063.138 and now when I try to play MP4 or MKV files I get a...
  6. Screen is Broken after the Windows Creators Fall update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is Broken after the Windows Creators Fall update: Don't know whats going on... I tried updating to the Fall update a few times... Only to get my screen to look like this... Every single time lol and not sure how to fix this... I had to go back to previous updates in order to fix this issue. [img] [img] 96528
  7. Screen tearing on games after Windows Fall Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen tearing on games after Windows Fall Creator's Update: Hi. I realised that after I updated to Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19), I received screen tearing when I played on games like Garry's Mod. This had not happened before the update, and I now have to turn V-Sync on to play games. I updated to the latest graphics...
  8. Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update: My wife and I just updated to the creators update and now whenever we launch a video game the screen calibration resets. (Everything gets brighter.) I have looked on nvidia's forums and microsoft's forums and I haven't found any solutions. Other people are also getting this...
  9. Problems after Creators update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after Creators update on Windows 10: Hi, I have attached event log as a .rar file containing Event log.evtx. Problem is that after upgrading with Windows 10 Creators Update I got lots of errors shown in event log. If someone can go through the event log and advise how to resolve some or all problems I would...
  10. Windows search service won't start after fall creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search service won't start after fall creators update: I can't get the service to start at all. I keep receiving this error. It is causing indexing to not work either. I tried the indexing troubleshooter with no luck. Any recommendations? [img] 95680