Windows 10: After updating to Windows 10 only laptop microphone seems to be working, how can i switch...

Discus and support After updating to Windows 10 only laptop microphone seems to be working, how can i switch... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Bambuinulos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fp8cal/after_updating_to_windows_10_only_laptop/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bambuinulos, Mar 26, 2020.

1. After updating to Windows 10 only laptop microphone seems to be working, how can i switch...

/u/Bambuinulos, Mar 26, 2020

2. microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

After updating to Windows 10 only laptop microphone seems to be working, how can i switch...

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

After updating to Windows 10 only laptop microphone seems to be working, how can i switch...

1. After updating to Windows 10 only laptop microphone seems to be working, how can i switch... - Similar Threads - updating laptop microphone

2. Microphone not working after the Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working after the Windows update: After the latest windows update, I lost the access to Microphone. No input device found for microphone and as a result I cannot use it for Teams. My laptop was upgraded to Windows 11 pro from Windows 10 pro. After having this issue was reported to Microsoft, the customer rep...
  3. Windows 10 can only detect laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 can only detect laptop microphone: Windows is not detecting the microphone of headphones on my laptop, I'm using a TRRS jack.It used to work recently until I had to reinstall windows so it's probably a driver issue, although I have already installed the Realtek drivers.In the sound control panel, it only shows...
  4. Windows 10 can only detect laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can only detect laptop microphone: Windows is not detecting the microphone of headphones on my laptop, I'm using a TRRS jack.It used to work recently until I had to reinstall windows so it's probably a driver issue, although I have already installed the Realtek drivers.In devices manager, it only shows...
  5. Windows 10 can only detect laptop microphone

Windows 10 can only detect laptop microphone: Windows is not detecting the microphone of headphones on my laptop, I'm using a TRRS jack.It used to work recently until I had to reinstall windows so it's probably a driver issue, although I have already installed the Realtek drivers.In devices manager, it only shows...
  6. Laptop Microphone Does Not Work In Zoom only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Microphone Does Not Work In Zoom only: I have an HP ENVY laptop running WIN 11. I have been using the zoom app client for years and the mic last worked on last Thursday. I have ran the mic test in ZOOM and for Windows. The mic works for Messenger Video Chat, Google, YouTube, and online voice recorders and online...
  7. Laptop Microphone Does Not Work In Zoom only

Laptop Microphone Does Not Work In Zoom only: I have an HP ENVY laptop running WIN 11. I have been using the zoom app client for years and the mic last worked on last Thursday. I have ran the mic test in ZOOM and for Windows. The mic works for Messenger Video Chat, Google, YouTube, and online voice recorders and online...
  8. Microphone Not Working After Windows Update

Microphone Not Working After Windows Update: I am using an HP Spectre 15". This issue happened a while ago, but now I need to use my microphone. This is an issue that occurs with every microphone I try to use, both internal and external. The microphone clearly works, as if I go into the settings and make noise, it shows...
  9. Laptop Microphone Left Channel Only Working

Laptop Microphone Left Channel Only Working: Good day! I've been using my laptop mic as my alternative for Focusrite Scarlett, i record songs *Smile (i am unable to use it in my laptop because it has one headphone/mic jack only) Windows 10 Build 1903 / Lenovo ideapad 130-15ast But my laptop microphone started to work...
  10. Laptop will not switch on after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop will not switch on after Windows update: This morning Windows did an automatic update configuration my Axus laptop. Since then, despite the laptop, being fully charged it will not switch on....