Windows 10: After updating to Windows 11 22H2, smart app control shows wsl.exe as untrusted?

Discus and support After updating to Windows 11 22H2, smart app control shows wsl.exe as untrusted? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL publisher is not confirmed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Soumesh Khuntia, Oct 5, 2022.

1. After updating to Windows 11 22H2, smart app control shows wsl.exe as untrusted?

Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL publisher is not confirmed

:)

Soumesh Khuntia, Oct 5, 2022

2. Windows 11 22h2 Smart App control

HI I was wondering if someone could please clarify for me wether Smart App control will be installed with windows 11 22h2 home without a complete clean install of windows 11 home on my dell laptop. I was just reading about this security features that may be in windows 11 22h2.

Windows 11 home 64 bit

Version: 21h2

Thank you for the advice

Howard_35_78, Oct 5, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 11 22h2 Smart App control

Hi Howard_35_78

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

it is not yet clear if the smart Apps Control option will be ready for version 22h2, it is still in the testing phase, so I doubt it will be part of 22h2, which is nearly ready for pubic release.

They do indicate that even when that functionality is finally released, anyone who wants to enable that feature would need to re-install or reset Windows 11, otherwise that option cannot be enabled.

DaveM121, Oct 5, 2022
  4. After updating to Windows 11 22H2, smart app control shows wsl.exe as untrusted?

I can't enable WSL on Windows 11 version 22H2

Hello there!

I recently installed Windows 11 version 22H2 and I have a gigantic problem: I can't install WSL.

When I got the update in Windows Update I clicked install button and, after a while, the computer didn't respond anymore, so I forced shutdown. Once I turned it back on, it went into WinRE mode, so I didn't worry too much and restored the laptop with a clean install of Windows. Subsequent to the reinstall, I proceeded to upgrade to the latest version (22H2) and since then I can no longer enable WSL. I have restored the system several times, but the result is always the same: every time I reboot the OS to complete the WSL installation, it throws the blue screen and goes into WinRE mode, and I can only go back to a restore point prior to the WSL installation.

What could be causing the problem?

Regards,

Jose Miguel Candia

José Miguel Candia, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

After updating to Windows 11 22H2, smart app control shows wsl.exe as untrusted?

1. After updating to Windows 11 22H2, smart app control shows wsl.exe as untrusted? - Similar Threads - updating 22H2 smart

2. Smart App Control - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart App Control - Windows 11: With the new installation of Smart App control I am having problem downloading some what I call secure websites like for example :-Intel Driver Support Assistant - when completing download it requests restart which I do and on reboot I go into sign in screen and signthen...
  3. Smart App Control - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart App Control - Windows 11: With the new installation of Smart App control I am having problem downloading some what I call secure websites like for example :-Intel Driver Support Assistant - when completing download it requests restart which I do and on reboot I go into sign in screen and signthen...
  4. Smart App Control

Smart App Control: Works good but seems to be an issue w/ Halo 100+ GB running locally.-k https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-app-control/67c4407b-049c-4adb-8a67-eeffc8ae6321
  5. After updating to Windows 11 22H2, smart app control shows wsl.exe as untrusted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating to Windows 11 22H2, smart app control shows wsl.exe as untrusted?: Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL publisher is not confirmed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-to-windows-11-22h2-smart-app/33db26ff-5644-453e-87aa-34070585c652
  6. Windows 11 22h2 Smart App control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22h2 Smart App control: HI I was wondering if someone could please clarify for me wether Smart App control will be installed with windows 11 22h2 home without a complete clean install of windows 11 home on my dell laptop. I was just reading about this security features that may be in windows 11...
  7. Windows 11 22h2 Smart App control

Windows 11 22h2 Smart App control: HI I was wondering if someone could please clarify for me wether Smart App control will be installed with windows 11 22h2 home without a complete clean install of windows 11 home on my dell laptop. I was just reading about this security features that may be in windows 11...
  8. Smart app control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart app control: I learnt about a new update coming called the smart app control. I also read that it will require us to reset our pc. Can I somehow prevent that as I do not want to reset my windows 11 pc right now?...
  9. Smart app control

Smart app control: I learnt about a new update coming called the smart app control. I also read that it will require us to reset our pc. Can I somehow prevent that as I do not want to reset my windows 11 pc right now?...
  10. Smart App Control in Windows 11 explained

in Windows 10 News
    Smart App Control in Windows 11 explained: Microsoft unveiled a new security feature in a recent Insider build for its Windows 11 operating system that it calls Smart App Control. [ATTACH] Microsoft describes it as a security feature for Windows 11 "that blocks untrusted or potentially dangerous applications". Smart...