Windows 10: After updating to windows 11, any video I play on a web browser, and I pause it, the video...

Discus and support After updating to windows 11, any video I play on a web browser, and I pause it, the video... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently updated to windows 11, prior to updating videos played, paused, and unpaused just fine. After updating any video in a browser YouTube,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tanis5313, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Tanis5313 Win User

After updating to windows 11, any video I play on a web browser, and I pause it, the video...

I recently updated to windows 11, prior to updating videos played, paused, and unpaused just fine. After updating any video in a browser YouTube, Netflix, etc, when I pause the video and then go to unpause, the video wont play, it takes me then repausing and unpausing 4-7 times for the video to resume video is buffered fine and network speeds are fast. Sometimes the video unpauses and there is no audio for 5-10 seconds. I have tested chrome and edge and problem persists regardless of browser.

:)

Tanis5313, Jan 31, 2023

2. Video pauses in Netflix app, and Chrome

Thanks for the reply, but you didn't read my entire post.

Video does not just pause in the Netflix for Windows App, it also pauses in Chrome and in Internet Explorer. I have not fully tested Edge yet though. The reason why I was using IE is because the first time I tried to play a video from the Amazon site in the Edge
    browser there was an error.

There are no pauses using Firefox browser.

To be clear, video pauses momentarily in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer (used purely for testing purposes) and the Netflix App. It does not appear to be pausing in Firefox browser. Video can pause on video's being played in Amazon and YouTube. It is
    not an issue that is affecting only the Netflix App.

Is there an updated video driver for the surface 3 that is Windows 10 certified?

Any suggestions??

Obsessive Power, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Unable to play full screen video in browser of nokia 5800

Earlier when I play youtube videos in nokia 5800 default web browser then as the video starts playing a message appears "click on video to play in full screen" when I click on video it playes full screen (in flash player version 3.0) but after updating flash
    player to 3.1 the messages still appear but when I click on video it gets paused like pc web browsers.. to play full screen I have to click on the full screen option of video in youtube. Any one facing same problem.. My Nokia 5800 version details is as follows..

Software Version :- V 30.0.011

Kindly suggest for this .

Rg

Anuj

anujforuandme, Jan 31, 2023
  4. Kyle Y. Win User

After updating to windows 11, any video I play on a web browser, and I pause it, the video...

Web video does not play in any browser on Windows 10 system wide

I turned on my computer today and I found that I couldn't play a YouTube video. The page would load and everything looked normal, but the video was in a constantly-buffering state, paused on the first frame of the video. I could scan the timeline of the video, but the video would not play and in some random cases where it did play, there would be no sound and the buffering circle would appear over the video.

I troubleshooted this extensively:

• Checked internet quality, very fast, no interruptions.
    • Cleared cache and cookies, tried Chrome incognito mode.
    • Disabled my ad-blocker and any other extension that could be causing an issue.
    • Tried using Firefox, Opera, and Brave browser. Same issue on all browsers.
    • Pulled out my Apple laptop and my phone, played a video just fine on both systems.
    • Tried other video sites like Twitch and Vimeo. Same issue.
    • Turned my computer on and off again several times, even installed a Windows update.
    • Checked graphics driver for updates.
    • Installed Malwarebytes and scanned for viruses (it found nothing)
    • (Here's the kicker) Opened a local .mp4 video file in VLC, ran as expected. But when I opened that same local video file in chrome, I experienced the same playback issue.

This really seems to be a strange Windows issue. I've never had it before and I'm out of troubleshooting ideas aside from rolling back to a previous system backup. Nothing out of the ordinary was installed or changed with my rig recently (aside from moving it to a new place). Thanks in advance for the help.

Kyle Y., Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

1. After updating to windows 11, any video I play on a web browser, and I pause it, the video... - Similar Threads - updating video play

2. Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser: I had to do a restore point the other day to a couple weeks ago. Now Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in Edge, Chrome or Thorium. Most specifically necn.com/weather I can do youtubes and any video I have on the pc with VLC. Only embedded videos on a browser was...
  3. Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser: I had to do a restore point the other day to a couple weeks ago. Now Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in Edge, Chrome or Thorium. Most specifically necn.com/weather I can do youtubes and any video I have on the pc with VLC. Only embedded videos on a browser was...
  4. After updating to windows 11, any video I play on a web browser, and I pause it, the video...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating to windows 11, any video I play on a web browser, and I pause it, the video...: I recently updated to windows 11, prior to updating videos played, paused, and unpaused just fine. After updating any video in a browser YouTube, Netflix, etc, when I pause the video and then go to unpause, the video wont play, it takes me then repausing and unpausing 4-7...
  5. VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY: Video pause and play automatically only when I use an internal Youtube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . It happens only when I am playing a video or audio.it also happens when the window is minimized. No virus after scanissues in Windows...
  6. VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY

VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY: Video pause and play automatically only when I use an internal Youtube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . It happens only when I am playing a video or audio.it also happens when the window is minimized. No virus after scanissues in Windows...
  7. VIDEO PAUSE PLAY AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Suddenly, no video will play on Windows 10 PC, YouTube in any browser, downloaded videos I...

Suddenly, no video will play on Windows 10 PC, YouTube in any browser, downloaded videos I...: Up until yesterday, my PC was able to stream videos from YouTube and play downloaded .mp4 videos with the default Windows Movies & TV app. Yesterday, when turned on my PC I was not able to play any videos at all. There is no error message - the screen just displays a swirling...
  9. Video plays after pausing and will not stop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video plays after pausing and will not stop: I am having a problem where videos will continue to play if you pause the video. This happens with the spotify app as well. I would pause it and about 10 seconds later it starts to play on its own. I tried uninstalling the browsers and reinstalling them with no luck, the...
  10. No web video in any browser - local videos fine

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No web video in any browser - local videos fine: Having an issue with all browsers playing any sort of video. Nothing from YouTube, Facebook, etc works. Shows the first frame and that is about it. IE and Edge will sometimes play, but at well under 1fps. Can play 1080P videos from local files no problem - even at full...