Windows 10: After updating to windows 11 my sound no longer works

Discus and support After updating to windows 11 my sound no longer works in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried everything from updating drivers to trying to fiddle around with audio files and settings but nothing worked please help me i dont know if this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dmail88, Apr 21, 2022.

1. dmail88 Win User

After updating to windows 11 my sound no longer works

I tried everything from updating drivers to trying to fiddle around with audio files and settings but nothing worked please help me i dont know if this is of use but my computer is a lenovo yoga 7

:)

dmail88, Apr 21, 2022
  2. erocker Win User

Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Apr 21, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 21, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Sound issues speakers and center no longer works in Windows 10

Hi Cook,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter
    Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:

No sound in Windows.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

1. After updating to windows 11 my sound no longer works - Similar Threads - updating sound longer

2. My sound is not working after updating Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound is not working after updating Windows 11: My HP laptop no longer has sound - the speaker icon has an x and when I go to my sound settings it says I have no output or input devices. Yet when I go to device manager, under "sounds, video and game controllers" it says that I have IntelR Display Audio. My laptop was...
  3. My sound is not working after updating Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My sound is not working after updating Windows 11: My HP laptop no longer has sound - the speaker icon has an x and when I go to my sound settings it says I have no output or input devices. Yet when I go to device manager, under "sounds, video and game controllers" it says that I have IntelR Display Audio. My laptop was...
  4. after windows 11 update sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after windows 11 update sound not working: sound not workng https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-11-update-sound-not-working/72364024-fe6f-42fb-a01e-dd16fc667562
  5. after windows 11 update sound not working

after windows 11 update sound not working: sound not workng https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-11-update-sound-not-working/72364024-fe6f-42fb-a01e-dd16fc667562
  6. Fingerprint no longer works after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint no longer works after Windows 11 Update: My finger print was working just fine yesterday. I did the update today and now, suddenly, it no longer works. I went to check the settings and sign-in options and it says its unavailable. I even went to check my device management and its no longer there either!It makes no...
  7. Fingerprint no longer works after Windows 11 Update

Fingerprint no longer works after Windows 11 Update: My finger print was working just fine yesterday. I did the update today and now, suddenly, it no longer works. I went to check the settings and sign-in options and it says its unavailable. I even went to check my device management and its no longer there either!It makes no...
  8. After updating to windows 11 my sound no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating to windows 11 my sound no longer works: I tried everything from updating drivers to trying to fiddle around with audio files and settings but nothing worked please help me i dont know if this is of use but my computer is a lenovo yoga 7...
  9. Sound input no longer working after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound input no longer working after Windows updates: It seems after a few windows updates my Stereo Mix Realtek High Definition sound input is no longer working. WHen I go to settings in Windows 10 it shows "Test your microphone" but I'm not using a microphone I'm using the onboard realtek sound device. If I click "Trouble...
  10. 7.1 Sound no longer working after Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    7.1 Sound no longer working after Windows 10 update.: My HTPC used to function perfectly until a Windows 10 update/version changed that. Each time a new version comes out I do a fresh install, so I can get WMC working again. I am now at version 20H2. When I do a fresh install, Windows installs 2 choices for audio 1 is Samsung...