Windows 10: After updating to Windows 1909, headset's mic isn't being recognized.

Discus and support After updating to Windows 1909, headset's mic isn't being recognized. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have Laptop Acer Predator Helios 300 (PH-317-52) which not so long ago recieved major windows update from 1803 to 1909 (previous to 1903... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ruslan Ma-ni-fu, Nov 25, 2019.

1. After updating to Windows 1909, headset's mic isn't being recognized.

Hello. I have Laptop Acer Predator Helios 300 (PH-317-52) which not so long ago recieved major windows update from 1803 to 1909 (previous to 1903 wasn't available).

The laptop has one 4-pin audio mini-jack input, and my headset (Senheiser Game One) always was connected to pc with it. Everything has been working just fine until I installed an update.

Now Discord (and Windows itself, basically) only sees laptop's built-in mic and completely ignores existence of the headset's mic.

I tried many things (including updating privacy settings (they're fine). reinstalling audio drivers (didn't help) and many other things i've found on this forum aswell), nothing helped though.

So I've gone through all of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1903-wont-detect-my-microphone/3b37a096-15dd-4a38-9ce8-95e09bb7cee0, except "Type Microphone in Start Search, open Set up Microphone, scroll down to Microphone and choose Get started to set it up." as "Set up Microphone" just don't pop up.

So are there any ways of fixing it or should i just rollback to 1803? Thanks in advance.

:)

Ruslan Ma-ni-fu, Nov 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 25, 2019
  4. After updating to Windows 1909, headset's mic isn't being recognized.

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

After updating to Windows 1909, headset's mic isn't being recognized. [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

After updating to Windows 1909, headset's mic isn't being recognized.

1. After updating to Windows 1909, headset's mic isn't being recognized. - Similar Threads - updating 1909 headset's

2. My headset isn't being recognized by my desktop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headset isn't being recognized by my desktop.: I have a SteelSeries Arctis 3 and it can be used with PC as well. I plug my headset through the jack and I can hear everything as well but when I try to see my headset connected to my pc it is not recognized even though I can hear everything and this is a problem because when...
  3. My headset isn't being recognized by my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset isn't being recognized by my desktop.: I have a SteelSeries Arctis 3 and it can be used with PC as well. I plug my headset through the jack and I can hear everything as well but when I try to see my headset connected to my pc it is not recognized even though I can hear everything and this is a problem because when...
  4. My headset isn't being recognized by my desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset recognized as Mic instead: I got a new studio headphone Sennheiser brand with no mic. However, when I plugged it in, it's being recognized as a mic instead of as a headphone.I tried looking up on google but they're all for microphones, not headset which frustrated me greatly. So this is my last resort...
  6. Headset not being recognized.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset not being recognized.: So, I just bought some ebisu headphones and they work just fine. I was trying to find out how to turn my microphone on, and when I went on to sound settings, neither the audio output nor the input where being recognized, but my headphones were working just fine, but the mic...
  7. Computer not recognizing headset mic

Computer not recognizing headset mic: Computer: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series model 7570 Headset: Steelseries Arctis 1 wired Issue: When the headset is plugged into the computer, audio comes out just fine, but the computer does not recognize the microphone. It has worked before with this computer, and works...
  8. New headset mic isn't being detected?

New headset mic isn't being detected?: I had gotten a new headset more specifically, Razer Kraken 7.1 a couple days ago and while I can hear things perfectly through them, whenever I talk, the sound goes through my laptops Acer Aspire 5 Slim microphone and not the headsets. The mic is out and not muted on the...
  9. Headset with mic isn't working

Headset with mic isn't working: Hello, My computer system uses Realtek HIgh Definition Audio software for speakers and sound. I am not having trouble getting sound out of my computer's speakers. However, my headset with mic is not working. I cannot figure out how to fix this because I still get the two...
  10. Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10

Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10: The audio works fine, and it was working great until about a week ago when it mysteriously stopped recognizing my mic at all, which i noticed because it would no longer let me voice chat in a favorite game of mine. Ive since then made the laptop recognize my mic, but it still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where did my printer go after updating to version 1909

2. mic not working after 1909