Windows 10: After updating to Windows 2004 How to disable my inbuilt laptop keyboard

Discus and support After updating to Windows 2004 How to disable my inbuilt laptop keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey , Microsoft i used to disable my inbuilt laptop keyboard because of its continues pressing of keys and it would work. But now i have updated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Manjunath HKulkarni, Sep 21, 2020.

1. After updating to Windows 2004 How to disable my inbuilt laptop keyboard

Hey ,

Microsoft i used to disable my inbuilt laptop keyboard because of its continues pressing of keys and it would work. But now i have updated to win 2004 but whenever i try to update my keyboard drivers with another drivers it still keeps on pressing The key i have even tried to uninstall but same problem again tell me what i have to do to stop working my keyboard

:)

Manjunath HKulkarni, Sep 21, 2020

2. How do i disable laptop's inbuilt keyboard in windows 10 update 2004 ?

How do i disable laptop's inbuilt keyboard in windows 10 update 2004?

I have tried updating the driver and also uninstalling the driver in device manager,

but every time the laptop restart it sets to the standard option.

Rahul_Yadav_1999, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 21, 2020
  4. After updating to Windows 2004 How to disable my inbuilt laptop keyboard

How to disable a laptop keyboard

Hi,BvinR

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I've looked for the details regards about your concern and it will provide you the steps on how to fix the issue.

kindly click this link

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager from the list.

2. Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.

3.Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable.

5. Click on Yes in the resulting dialog box to confirm the action and disable the laptop’s built-in keyboard.

6. If you don’t see a Disable option in the resulting context menu, you will see an Uninstall option, and you can click on that to uninstall the drivers for the built-in keyboard instead of simply disabling it.

Take Note:

Windows 10 might automatically update the drivers after detecting the keyboard. If that happens, you will have to make your way back to the Device Manager and uninstall the drivers for the laptop’s built-in keyboard once again.

if these steps did not resolve the issue kindly try this workaround method

click this link

https://thegeekpage.com/disable-laptop-keyboard...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

EriksonBautista24, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

After updating to Windows 2004 How to disable my inbuilt laptop keyboard

1. After updating to Windows 2004 How to disable my inbuilt laptop keyboard - Similar Threads - updating 2004 disable

2. My inbuilt keyboard of laptop is not working after i kept it without shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My inbuilt keyboard of laptop is not working after i kept it without shutdown: My laptop keyboard is not working after i kept it without shutting it down for long time.The keyboard is working fine only before login when i uninstalled the driver, after that keyboard is not working and countineuosly some keys are pressing and I can't able to use the...
  3. My inbuilt keyboard of laptop is not working after i kept it without shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My inbuilt keyboard of laptop is not working after i kept it without shutdown: My laptop keyboard is not working after i kept it without shutting it down for long time.The keyboard is working fine only before login when i uninstalled the driver, after that keyboard is not working and countineuosly some keys are pressing and I can't able to use the...
  4. How do i disable laptop's inbuilt keyboard in windows 10 update 2004 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i disable laptop's inbuilt keyboard in windows 10 update 2004 ?: How do i disable laptop's inbuilt keyboard in windows 10 update 2004? I have tried updating the driver and also uninstalling the driver in device manager, but every time the laptop restart it sets to the standard option....
  5. How to disable a laptop keyboard

How to disable a laptop keyboard: I have a laptop that has a couple of keys that keep pressing themselves, one being the Windows key. I have tried cleaning the keyboard with no success. I don't need the laptop keyboard, as I have an external one. I have Windows 10 home edition and here is what I've tried:...
  6. How to disable laptop keyboard

How to disable laptop keyboard: I need to disable my laptop's built-in keyboard. The keys are broken and it's impossible to type using them, in addition to the fact that the small keyboard space hurts my hands to use. For the longest time I was able to use the wrong driver on the keyboard and was able to...
  7. lost keyboard after 2004 update

lost keyboard after 2004 update: using on screen keyboard to type. dell g3 laptop Uninstalled drivers for standard ps/2 keyword and hid keyboard drivers any help greatly appreciated mouse and TouchPad working fine...
  8. Inbuilt Windows in a Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Inbuilt Windows in a Laptop: Does a new laptop (E.g. Dell, Lenovo) come with Windows 10 "DVD" and "activation key"? If not, suppose if windows got crashed then how can we reinstall the OS?...
  9. Keyboard malfunction (inbuilt keyboard)

Keyboard malfunction (inbuilt keyboard): Hi everyone! I'll try to put this simple as possible. After some hours rest, I turned on my MSI PS42 8rb Prestige (Windows 10 - Version 1803 - Build 17134.858) and the keyboard stopped to work properly; some keys don't work as supposed to do. It's not a matter of keyboard...
  10. How to Disable Laptop Keyboard?

How to Disable Laptop Keyboard?: I have tried: 1. Install an incompatible driver - still works. 2. Disable it through DevManView - gives an error. 3. Uninstalling it - obviously does not work, it will reinstall upon restart. I need it for 2 reasons: for my laptop, so I could put food on my laptop,...