Windows 10: After updating Windows 10 Mail from Store, reply doesn't quote old email correctly

Discus and support After updating Windows 10 Mail from Store, reply doesn't quote old email correctly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 on a PC, using the Mail app for my email. I updated "Mail and Calendar" apps via Microsoft Store yesterday, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Poor slob, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Poor slob Win User

After updating Windows 10 Mail from Store, reply doesn't quote old email correctly

I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 on a PC, using the Mail app for my email. I updated "Mail and Calendar" apps via Microsoft Store yesterday, so that now I'm using Mail version 16005.13228.41011.0.

I now find that when I reply to certain emails, the old email isn't quoted correctly in the reply.

The un-replyable email has a couple of attachments a photo and a PDF file. When I try to reply to it, only the first character of the body of the old email is included in the quote. The quote does include the usual From:/Sent:/To:/Subject: preamble.

I had successfully replied to this very email a couple of times a few days ago, using the previous version of the Mail app, and quoting worked as expected. Something seems to have changed/broken.

:)

Poor slob, Oct 14, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

After updating Windows 10 Mail from Store, reply doesn't quote old email correctly [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Konmal88 Win User
    Cortana doesn' t replie.

Cortana doesn' t replie to me. She just search on bing everything I say. What I have to do to solve this problem?

Konmal88, Oct 14, 2020
  4. After updating Windows 10 Mail from Store, reply doesn't quote old email correctly

Mails not being sent to email defined in Reply-To in new Windows 10 mail

I appears that this bug is fixed in the lastest Windows 10 Mail app

I have Version 17.8004.42017.0 of Mail which came via the normal Update process and the Reply-To problem is no longer there.

taoiseachjoe7035, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

After updating Windows 10 Mail from Store, reply doesn't quote old email correctly

1. After updating Windows 10 Mail from Store, reply doesn't quote old email correctly - Similar Threads - updating Mail Store

2. Windows Mail doesn't show the email content correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail doesn't show the email content correctly: Greetings! Some emails in my mail application for Windows do not show the content correctly. Instead, it shows the html source code. This doesn't happen with all the emails, but about 30% of the emails I get and 100% of email notifications from reddit are like this. Any idea...
  3. Windows Mail doesn't show the email content correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail doesn't show the email content correctly: Greetings! Some emails in my mail application for Windows do not show the content correctly. Instead, it shows the html source code. This doesn't happen with all the emails, but about 30% of the emails I get and 100% of email notifications from reddit are like this. Any idea...
  4. Windows mail not including the previous email in reply

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows mail not including the previous email in reply: [ATTACH] I recently started using Windows mail and calendar on windows 10. While replying to some emails, it includes the previous email like Outlook does but on some it does not include the previous email, although it includes only a few lines which truncate after the...
  5. Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies: Windows 10 mail seems to be my default mail program when I click on an email link in my browser Chrome. Works find to send a message but the email address it uses for me does not work for any replies. Outlook is my primary email program. How can I change the default program...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app, old emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail app, old emails: I want to keep my old emails in the inbox but I don’t know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-old-emails/18d8ac60-c5c1-49ce-a076-d594e3c34abd
  7. Correct the Reply email address on outgoing emails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Correct the Reply email address on outgoing emails.: Correct the gmail Reply email address. Currently showing .OUTLOOK, should be .GMAIL. Where is there a dialog to change that? Step-by-step please. Thnx!...
  8. How to "quote reply" or "block quote" in Windows 10 Mail app

How to "quote reply" or "block quote" in Windows 10 Mail app: I'm looking for a feature like the one described here for the gmail app: https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/50276/how-to-quote-several-parts-of-email-in-gmail. This is especially helpful in the context of addressing multiple questions in a reply email....
  9. Windows Mail not displaying reply emails

Windows Mail not displaying reply emails: I just downloaded Mail on a new computer. Works as normal except now replies I have made to emails are noted by the curved arrow in index, but I cant access them. Usually they are above the original email. The messages are grouped by conversation in settings. Any ideas??...
  10. Quoting a memer in your reply

in Windows 10 Support
    Quoting a memer in your reply: If I want to quote a member I know how to do the basic quoting how does one include the persons name in the reply. An example would be says - then the quote 147708