Windows 10: After updating Windows 10 on my Dell 5404 laptop PC with SSD with the 20H2 October Update,...

Discus and support After updating Windows 10 on my Dell 5404 laptop PC with SSD with the 20H2 October Update,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating Windows 10 on my Dell 5404 laptop PC with SSD with the 20H2 October Update, the PC continually restarts. Just when the Windows desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnDeM, Nov 19, 2020.

1. JohnDeM Win User

After updating Windows 10 on my Dell 5404 laptop PC with SSD with the 20H2 October Update,...

After updating Windows 10 on my Dell 5404 laptop PC with SSD with the 20H2 October Update, the PC continually restarts. Just when the Windows desktop background picture begins to paint, the PC restarts. This cycle does not end and occurs in rapid fashion. The only way I can stop it is by doing a hard stop by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. After two times of doing a hard stop, I get a blue 'Recovery' screen. On it, I have tried the F1 option to go to the 'Recovery Environment', but it just repaints the same screen. The F8 option takes me to a page titled 'Startup Settings'. I tried the F4 option there to boot to 'Safe Mode'. That yields a black screen with a mouse pointer. I can move the mouse, but nothing else works, even ctrl-alt-delete. After several minutes when nothing happens, I hit the power button again and I briefly see 'Hibernating' flash on the screen before the PC shuts down. I then turn the PC back on and a blue screen appears with 'Windows is resuming' on it and circling dots are above the message. This status and picture never ends. After several minutes, I have to do another hard stop. As soon as I hit the power button, 'Hibernating' appears quickly on the screen before the PC again shuts down. Even the back-to-back hard power offs do not break this cycle.

To break this cycle, I hit the F12 key when the Dell logo appears when starting the PC and that permits me to see a boot menu. When I choose the 'Windows Boot Manager', it starts the 'Windows is resuming' cycle. When I choose the 'Diagnostics' option, the hardware tests all pass. When I insert a bootable copy of Windows 10 on a USB thumb drive and choose the 'Boot by USB' option, I get the 'Windows Setup' screen where I hit the 'Next' button and then choose the 'Repair your computer' button. From there, I can choose the

- 'Turn off your PC' or

- 'Troubleshoot'.

If I choose 'Troubleshoot', it gives me a new page titled 'Advanced options' with five options:

- 'Startup Repair',

- 'Command Prompt',

- 'Uninstall Updates' provides two options,

- 'System Restore', and

- 'System Image Recovery'.

The 'Startup Repair' gives me a message stating that 'Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC', and I can choose 'Shut down' or 'Advanced options'. I choose the 'Advanced options', and 'Troubleshoot'. I then tried the 'Uninstall Updates' option and that lists two more options 'Uninstall latest quality update' and 'Uninstall latest feature update'.

The 'Uninstall latest quality update' gives me a message 'We ran into a problem and won't be able to uninstall the latest quality update of Windows'.

The 'Uninstall latest feature update' gives me a message' gives me the same error message, but adds 'Try resetting your PC instead'.

The 'System Restore' option produces a pop-up window 'System Restore To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart the computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore. Close'. That is not possible to do.

I did not try the 'System Image Recovery' option as I do not have a recovery image.

When I choose the 'Command Prompt' option, I get an elevated command prompt window. I ran a 'chkdsk c: /f' and saw three 'Deleted corrupt file record segment' and seven 'Deleting index entry . . .' messages. I then saw a 'Windows has made corrections to the file system. No further action is required.' I then ran 'SFC /scannow' and it displayed 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.' I then rebooted and got back into the Windows restart cycle as soon as the desktop background picture painted.

From the 'Command Prompt' in a subsequent restart, I rebuilt the boot record in the EFI partition, restarted and no progress.

From my last attempt to get a good working Windows 10 environment, I booted from a Windows 10 installation USB thumb drive. I chose the 'Install Now', I accepted the license terms, clicked on 'Next', and chose the 'Upgrade: Install Windows and keep files, settings, and applications' option. That yielded a 'Compatibility report' pop-up with 'The upgrade option isn't available if you start your computer using Windows installation media.' Since I can't run this from the Windows environment, I do not know else to try.

Suggestions are appreciated.

:)

JohnDeM, Nov 19, 2020

2. How to get the Windows 10 October 2020 Update version 20H2 Win Update

Some kind of IP filtering has been suggested, but I haven't seen anyone provide evidence of it...

Still nutting here

- - - Updated - - -

After updating Windows 10 on my Dell 5404 laptop PC with SSD with the 20H2 October Update,... [​IMG]

Meh, did the cab update... done.

Coram Daes, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 20H2 Update

Hi, I had a Dell Inspiron 3277 AIO (All-in-one) computer, and I tried to update to 20H2 (October Update) but Windows Update said there are no updates available. Is there any alternatives until the update pops up in my computer?

JasonChun280_ESE_ASD, Nov 19, 2020
  4. After updating Windows 10 on my Dell 5404 laptop PC with SSD with the 20H2 October Update,...

Windows 10 20H2 update

Hi Blank,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Windows 10 20H2 is in the last phase of testing i.e. Release preview channel. As the name suggests, it would be available this month hopefully.

Preparing the Windows 10 October 2020 Update Ready for Release

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2020/...

Keep checking Home periodically.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

After updating Windows 10 on my Dell 5404 laptop PC with SSD with the 20H2 October Update,...

1. After updating Windows 10 on my Dell 5404 laptop PC with SSD with the 20H2 October Update,... - Similar Threads - updating Dell 5404

2. Webcam started flickering after Windows 10 20H2 Update on Dell 5080 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam started flickering after Windows 10 20H2 Update on Dell 5080 PC: Webcam started flickering after Windows 10 20H2 Update on Dell 5080 PC It is happening on multiple pc's in our organization. We tried different cameras, We rebuilt the PC again too. We tried turning off Power management on USB We unticked option Allow the computer to turn off...
  3. Webcam started flickering after Windows 10 20H2 Update on Dell 5080 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam started flickering after Windows 10 20H2 Update on Dell 5080 PC: Webcam started flickering after Windows 10 20H2 Update on Dell 5080 PC It is happening on multiple pc's in our organization. We tried different cameras, We rebuilt the PC again too. We tried turning off Power management on USB We unticked option Allow the computer to turn off...
  4. Webcam started flickering after Windows 10 20H2 Update on Dell 5080 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 20H2 // Windows 10 October 2020 Update // Monitor Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 // Windows 10 October 2020 Update // Monitor Problem: Hello! I am in need of some help...after installing the latest W10 update, 20H2, my second display stopped working. I run dual NVidia GEForce GTX 970s, both worked just fine before installing 20H2. I have updated both drivers through Device Manager and the NVidia desktop...
  6. My i3 7020u dell laptop is not showing windows 20h2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My i3 7020u dell laptop is not showing windows 20h2 update: Inspiron 3584 submitted by /u/Maths__Man [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jku2q7/my_i3_7020u_dell_laptop_is_not_showing_windows/
  7. Administrative Templates for Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2)

in Windows 10 News
    Administrative Templates for Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2): This page provides the complete set of Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2) Group Policy tools use Administrative template files to populate policy settings in the user interface. This allows administrators to manage registry-based...
  8. My laptop dell not starting after update Windows 10

My laptop dell not starting after update Windows 10: Hello everyone I nedd your help to solve this problem that occurs on my laptop: I have a Dell Inspiron 15r laptop that until yesterday worked without problemas. During the course of the day, a windows update appeared (the 1903 to be exact), everything normal, te computer...
  9. PC destroyed after Windows October Update

PC destroyed after Windows October Update: I did this October update two days ago. After the update it started OK but after it went into the energy saving mode there was a message on the Monitor saying " no signal ". Turned the PC off and on many times-no boot screen. Nothing. Just the message " no signal" on the...
  10. MY Laptop does not update or notify for Windows 10 October Update

MY Laptop does not update or notify for Windows 10 October Update: I tried several times to update Laptop but It says You're upto date. When I visited Microsoft site , displays UPDATE Windows October update. Please tell me when it available while this is released....