Windows 10: After Updating Windows 10 Pro I have no sound

Discus and support After Updating Windows 10 Pro I have no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I updated Windows 10 Pro after beeing prompted for a while and after the update i have no sound. All sound devices appear active. But when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeorgeDGR, Sep 7, 2018.

1. GeorgeDGR Win User

After Updating Windows 10 Pro I have no sound

Hello,

I updated Windows 10 Pro after beeing prompted for a while and after the update i have no sound. All sound devices appear active. But when i try to do a sound check on Playback properties i get the error that the signal playback has failed. I tried the troubleshooter but it too failed to fix it though it shows the errors (Sound services is not responding is one of the errors it shows). I did uninstall and reinstall of Realtek audio drivers and manual update through System Settings and nothing.

:)

GeorgeDGR, Sep 7, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. After Updating Windows 10 Pro I have no sound - Similar Threads - Updating Pro sound

2. sound problem after update windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sound problem after update windows 10: hello I received a new update for Windows 10 that after installing it, when connecting the headphones to a laptop, This system does not transmit sound to the headphones and the speaker sound is still audible. please help me...
  3. no sound after windows 10 update

no sound after windows 10 update: I now have no sound after updating windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-windows-10-update/dbed4177-8ece-4bc7-9bcf-f17694861e77
  4. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  5. no sound after each windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound after each windows 10 update: I have a speaker connected by bluetooth. When I look at my bluetooth devices, it says the speaker is paired, but needs to be connected. For less than a second I have sound, then no more sound and a message says the connection didn't work. Then it says the speaker is...
  6. Awful sound after Windows 10 Update

Awful sound after Windows 10 Update: Helloo. So yesterday my PC updated to a new Windows 10 update and the sound quality is awful. It has messed up my EQ that I had set with Fx Sound Enhancer as I have a car subwoofer hooked up to an RCA splitter to my HiFi system AUX cable that connects into the GREEN...
  7. Awful sound after Windows 10 Update

Awful sound after Windows 10 Update: Helloo. So yesterday my PC updated to a new Windows 10 update and the sound quality is awful. It has messed up my EQ that I had set with Fx Sound Enhancer as I have a car subwoofer hooked up to an RCA splitter to my HiFi system AUX cable that connects into the GREEN...
  8. Sometimes I have no sound in windows 10

Sometimes I have no sound in windows 10: Sometimes when i open my laptop i see that i have no sound , and i've tried a few solutions like updating the driver , disabling the enchantments , and nothing its solved . Now i restarted again the laptop and the sound its back , but after a day or two i will have no sound...
  9. Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update: Hello and thank you beforehand for any help anyone can give me. I just built a PC that has Windows 10 and a Headphones/Speakers Jack in the front of the case. Right after I logged in, I got a Windows 10 Update which automatically ran. Afterwards, I now have no sound coming...
  10. I have no Sound/Audio

I have no Sound/Audio: I installed Windows 10 today, but since installing it, i have had no sound/audio. The only sound driver I have is NVIDIA High Definition Audio, but it cannot be selected as "default device". 13936