Windows 10: After updating Windows to latest version my microphone stopped working

Discus and support After updating Windows to latest version my microphone stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated Windows to latest version and my microphone stopped working as it was. I use Discord to play with my friends and strange fact was that they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JanekZ24, Oct 5, 2020.

1. JanekZ24 Win User

After updating Windows to latest version my microphone stopped working

I updated Windows to latest version and my microphone stopped working as it was. I use Discord to play with my friends and strange fact was that they could hear sounds comming from my pc ex. music from Tidal, Youtube or system sounds. I updated all possible drivers and I don't blame my headset, it's pretty new Razer Kraken X. Everything was fine before the update, so help would be appreciated.

:)

JanekZ24, Oct 5, 2020
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Oct 5, 2020
  4. NiklasG Win User

Microphone not working on Windows 10 Version 1803

In addition to

• Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone (left column)
    • Make sure "Microphone access for this device is on"
    • And switch "Allow access to the microphone on this device" to on

as Ermish's suggested, I had to

• disable and enable one of my microphones for the changes to apply apply.

Then all my microphones worked again.

NiklasG, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. After updating Windows to latest version my microphone stopped working - Similar Threads - updating latest version

2. Microphone stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone stopped working after windows update: After I updated windows and cleaned my PC, my mic suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled the windows update and the mic still isn't working I checked if I was using a different microphone but it was the correct one, I uninstalled Realtek and installed it again from the ASUS...
  3. Microphone stopped working after latest Windows update

Microphone stopped working after latest Windows update: I've been unable to join Teams and Zoom calls as my internal microphone stopped working after the April 13 Windows update. I've checked to ensure that my drivers are up to date and everything else is fine. Seems like others are having the same issue. I'm using a Lenovo...
  4. Microphone stopped working after Windows Update

Microphone stopped working after Windows Update: Hello. I'm currently having a trouble with my Microphone, which has been working fine before. I also noticed that after I update my Windows I see two audio drivers on drivers manager, which I assume is the cause of my microphone not working. I managed to get my microphone...
  5. Microphone not working after latest update

Microphone not working after latest update: Hi, My internal microphone is no longer working after the latest update my computer updated four days ago, before then it was working. For some reason, I cannot uninstall those updates, despite them breaking the microphone. I've tried everything from resetting Services to...
  6. Razer Kraken microphone stopped working after latest windows 10 Update

Razer Kraken microphone stopped working after latest windows 10 Update: I can no longer use the microphone and earphones of my Razer Kraken X at the same time. Either I set the Realtek HD Audio to stereo and the microphone is enabled but there is no sound in the earphones or I set Realtek HD to 7.1 surround and can hear through the earphones but...
  7. audio stopped working after latest windows update

audio stopped working after latest windows update: So a while back, I had an audio issue on my computer where my earphones were recognised as speakers conexant smartaudio hd and I couldn't hear any sound from my laptop speakers at all, but I could hear it from my earphones. I was able to trace the driver back from my laptop...
  8. Microphone is not working. Shouldn't have updated to the latest version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone is not working. Shouldn't have updated to the latest version.: So before I had updated to Windows 10 ver. 2004, everything was working impeccably. But when I did, the microphone had stopped working, and even with me doing all possible solutions, none had worked. These are the lists of what I had tried: Deleting the audio driver and...
  9. Microphone not working after latest Windows 10 update

Microphone not working after latest Windows 10 update: Microphone not working after latest Windows 10 update- I've checked the microphone box, enabled the box, run troubleshooter after troubleshooter, run diagnostics, open and checked Settings, enabled and checked it all in Settings, Tested, tried Cortana, which can't hear me...
  10. Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803)

Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803): As the title says I have encountered this problem once I had to get this mandatory update. I did a rollback the previous build I had and the microphone (detachable microphone for headphones) was working fine. Nothing wrong with the cable and drivers are up to date. The...