Windows 10: After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works

Discus and support After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Overnight, I upgraded from Version 1903 to 1909 (build & other information is in my signature). The only web browser that now works is Edge, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by phrab, Dec 24, 2019.

1. phrab Win User

After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works

Overnight, I upgraded from Version 1903 to 1909 (build & other information is in my signature). The only web browser that now works is Edge, even though my default app is set to Google Chrome. Before, I use Macrium Reflect to restore my image, is there anything I can do to fix this?

Did anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I just discovered that Thunderbird also doesn't work in Windows 10.

:)

phrab, Dec 24, 2019

2. Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    No way to change the Home page in Edge web browser

Hi Larryamoore,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to set the homepage on EDGE browser

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the EDGE browser.

• Click on Settings from the drop down menu.

• Select A specific page or pages under
      open with.

• Click on the option down to the
      A specific page or pages and select Custom from the drop down menu.

• You can Enter a web address (which you want to set as home page) in the text box by clicking on
      + button.

• Close the EDGE browser and open it again for the changes to take effect.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further 2assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Dec 24, 2019
  4. After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works

A Faster Web Browser for Windows 10?

Hi,

You always have the option to use other browsers, however I strongly suggest that you use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer because of the newer features. To address your issue we are going to enable your Flash Player Plugin. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click the "..." button on the upper right corner of your Edge browser.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Under Advanced settings section, click the View advanced settings button.
    • Locate the Use Adobe Flash Player section and toggle the switch on to enable Adobe Flash Player.
    • Refresh your web page or open a new browser tab.
    Let's see how it behaves.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works

1. After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works - Similar Threads - updgrade web browser

2. Web Browsers other than Edge not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Browsers other than Edge not working: Hello,I just got my school laptop back yesterday after my school's IT department had it reset. I am having an issue where I tried to install Google and it worked for a bit but then would close randomly. I have tried other browsers including Brave, Firefox and Opera GX. The...
  3. Web Browsers other than Edge not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Browsers other than Edge not working: Hello,I just got my school laptop back yesterday after my school's IT department had it reset. I am having an issue where I tried to install Google and it worked for a bit but then would close randomly. I have tried other browsers including Brave, Firefox and Opera GX. The...
  4. No Browsers Open Except Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Browsers Open Except Edge: Excuse me for sounding a bit flustered here, but I'm genuinely at my wits end with this shit. I decided tonight I was going to improve my internet security. I got LastPass for storing passwords, and ExpressVPN as a... well, VPN. Out of nowhere after doing these two things,...
  5. No web browser is working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No web browser is working: Hello reddit, My friend is having this odd issue that no web browser is working at all. ALL websites are getting a privacy error or just not loading on Firefox, Opera, Edge. Other than that, his pc is connected to the internet (we are talking on discord rn). Does anyone know...
  6. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  7. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: I normally use Firefox for all my web browsing. but for some reason when I open it or any web browser that is not Microsoft edge, it instantly closes. I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, running it in safe mode or as an administrator, and I have no clue what else I...
  8. Apps will not start except web browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps will not start except web browsers: I have Windows 10 x64. All of my apps fail to start when I click on them. Web browsers seem to work as they should. I tried System Restore to go back to a restore point 2 days previous. No luck. I've tried updating, but the update fails every time with error 0x8007025d. I...
  9. Web browsers not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browsers not working: I think I closed some process in the task bar and now none of the web browsers are loading pages I tried reinstalling them too didn't work but the browsers are working only when the VPN is on! All the other apps are working fine except web browsers.Help....
  10. None of my browsers are working (except Edge)

in Browsers and Email
    None of my browsers are working (except Edge): I'm running Windows 10, and a couple days ago, both Google Chrome and Firefox stopped working. I can open them, but Firefox doesn't open any of my tabs that I had, instead opening a single tab that just says "connecting". As far as I can tell, it will do that forever until I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no browser works except edge