Windows 10: After upgrade, startup screen no longer shows photo in photo window, but shows everywhere...

Discus and support After upgrade, startup screen no longer shows photo in photo window, but shows everywhere... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello When stating up Windows 10 the photo that used to appear in the small window in the startup screen the screen where the password is entered... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Lorin WA1PGB, Nov 25, 2020.

1. After upgrade, startup screen no longer shows photo in photo window, but shows everywhere...

Hello

When stating up Windows 10 the photo that used to appear in the small window in the startup screen the screen where the password is entered even though it appears everywhere else that holds data about my account, even in the windows of each new browser page.

I have read several posts suggesting checking the dialog entry box in Settings >Personalization; for the "show photo on Lock screen" of something similar dialog entry box, but no attempts at changing this setting has helped.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Lorin

Lorin Hollander

:)

Lorin WA1PGB, Nov 25, 2020
  2. TalBT Win User

Manually Showing a Full Screen Slide Show in Windows 10 by Name of Photo

In a weak moment I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 only to find out that the capability that was in Windows 8.1 to open up a photo in a folder and right clicking on it to show full screen slide show manually sorted by the name of the photos in the folder
    is no longer a capability of Windows.

Has anyone found a way in Windows 10 to show a full screen slide show of photos in a folder by name and showing it manually instead of automatically? I don't really want to download an app to do this but if that is the only way I am willing.

TalBT, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Startup photos no longer working

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key.
    • Click on setting.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on lock screen.
    • Turn on “Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 25, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

After upgrade, startup screen no longer shows photo in photo window, but shows everywhere...

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Open File Explorer > top right, click Options > click Change folder and search options > click View at top > UN-check the box " Always show icons, never thumbnails" > OK when done.

After upgrade, startup screen no longer shows photo in photo window,  but shows everywhere... [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

After upgrade, startup screen no longer shows photo in photo window, but shows everywhere...

1. After upgrade, startup screen no longer shows photo in photo window, but shows everywhere... - Similar Threads - upgrade startup screen

2. Photos are not showing the full frame of photo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos are not showing the full frame of photo.: So i have a game camera, and recently i went to look at the photos, and all the photos cut out over half of the normal image size. I resized the image and miraculously the entire picture showed up! I dont understand why but when i open the picture in photos it only shows a...
  3. Photos are not showing the full frame of photo.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos are not showing the full frame of photo.: So i have a game camera, and recently i went to look at the photos, and all the photos cut out over half of the normal image size. I resized the image and miraculously the entire picture showed up! I dont understand why but when i open the picture in photos it only shows a...
  4. Photos Icon not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Icon not showing: Hey guys, what's up!This time, I'm in a great trouble. My MS Photos icon isn't showingNow what to do?Please send the answers ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-icon-not-showing/27d8ea60-9410-455f-85b5-8088cbf5f522
  5. Windows 10 Photo Viewer shows white screen on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer shows white screen on startup: Hello, I have been facing problems using the photos app. On opening photos app, to view an image, only a white screen is visible. No photo is visible. I tried resetting and uninstallingusing PowerShell and reinstalling the photos app. After reinstalling the app works fine for...
  6. Photo slide show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo slide show: How do you override the slow, fast, and medium speed for advancing photos in a photo slideshow. I need them to advance at a specific speed that I set manually? How to do it?...
  7. Photo Slide Show

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Slide Show: In Windows 10, I have files in Pictures/My Pictures. How do I create a slide show from the photos in any file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-slide-show/7dfaca2c-6868-4e1c-9519-17a0f2abc3af"
  8. windows stopped showing photo on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows stopped showing photo on welcome screen: I have signed with Microsoft account and have reinstalled windows but now its not showing my photo anywhere its blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stopped-showing-photo-on-welcome-screen/02e35934-811d-4452-9e8f-3988394d9d2a
  9. Account photo is not showing on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account photo is not showing on Welcome screen: Running Windows 10, 1809 latest updates. I wanted to set an account photo on my wife's PC. It's a Local account and the PC is set up to boot directly to the desktop without going through a log in screen. Before reaching the desktop, the Welcome screen appears for a few...
  10. Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors: They show up fine on the Onedrive app I have on my phone, but all the photos on my laptop show as grey error thumbnails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-photo-library-not-showing-thumbnails-and/66b681d2-6d40-43c0-9312-1cad96f7e635"