Windows 10: After upgrade to 1903: Switching between Default Playback Devices doesn't change line-in...

Discus and support After upgrade to 1903: Switching between Default Playback Devices doesn't change line-in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used to switch default playback devices (speakers/headphones) via Autohotkey script. After the upgrade from 1806 to 1903, both of my line-in audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/monochrony, Oct 30, 2019.

1. After upgrade to 1903: Switching between Default Playback Devices doesn't change line-in...

I used to switch default playback devices (speakers/headphones) via Autohotkey script. After the upgrade from 1806 to 1903, both of my line-in audio signals will ignore any change of the default playback device until reboot. In other words: Whenever I set my headphones to the default playback device, all audio from both line-ins will keep coming out of my speakers. I don't believe the issue is driver related, as I've tested three different Realtek drivers with the same outcome and I can also reproduce the issue with an USB audio soundcard.

• Windows 10 Pro 1903
    • Realtek ALC1220 onboard audio
    submitted by /u/monochrony
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/monochrony, Oct 30, 2019

2. Different default playback device for each user profile.

Hi hs369258,

Windows 10 has a feature that allows you to select a default sound output. If you want to replace your current audio device, you can select the other audio playback device available on your system and set it as
    default. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the sound icon in your system tray and click
      Playback Devices.
    2. On the Playback tab, check which device is the default. Then, right-click it then set it to default.

In addition, you can visit this link:
    https://winaero.com/blog/change-default-audio-device-windows-10/
    to perform an alternative option to change your default audio device.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Shortcut for Playback Devices in Win 10?

hi since upgrading to widows 10 I have lost cd and dvd playback capabilities , and after opening volume control and selecting playback devices found there is not any devices there

michaelwilliamsmith, Oct 30, 2019
  4. spriggs Win User

After upgrade to 1903: Switching between Default Playback Devices doesn't change line-in...

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

After upgrade to 1903: Switching between Default Playback Devices doesn't change line-in...

1. After upgrade to 1903: Switching between Default Playback Devices doesn't change line-in... - Similar Threads - upgrade 1903 Switching

2. Phone link - switch between multiple devices without changing the default device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link - switch between multiple devices without changing the default device: I would like to ask how to change between the linked devices without changing the default device. Seamingly there are no tabs or a drop down to change between the two linked phones without changing the default device.Phone Link 1.22042.168.0Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion...
  3. Phone link - switch between multiple devices without changing the default device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone link - switch between multiple devices without changing the default device: I would like to ask how to change between the linked devices without changing the default device. Seamingly there are no tabs or a drop down to change between the two linked phones without changing the default device.Phone Link 1.22042.168.0Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion...
  4. Shortcut / script to switch default Playback Device setting between two devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut / script to switch default Playback Device setting between two devices?: I regularly switch between two default audio devices - my headphones when I'm sitting, and my second monitor's built-in speakers for when I'm afk / standing / doing stuff around my room. I'd like to be able to streamline the process as much as I can, because it helps me be a...
  5. Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.: I often switch between my headset and the monitor for audio, and while this is simply done for most applications by clicking the volume icon in the taskbar and changing devices, this only changes the default audio device, not the default communication device. This becomes a...
  6. Windows 10 1903 Line In or Mic set to "Listen to this device" won't switch with "Default...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 Line In or Mic set to "Listen to this device" won't switch with "Default...: Hi, There is a bug that was introduced a year ago evidence of this here,here, and here. The issue can be reproduced with the following steps: 1. Connect 2 audio output devices 2. Connect an audio input device through a "Line In" or "Mic" port 3. For the audio input...
  7. Windows 10 1903 - Audio Line-In won't switch with Default Audio Device

Windows 10 1903 - Audio Line-In won't switch with Default Audio Device: Since upgrading to 1903, my two line-in audio signals won't change whenever I switch the default playback device. This is my setup: Windows 10 Pro 1903 System Build 18362.418 Realtek ALC1220 onboard audio chipset two playback devices (speakers & headphones) two line-in...
  8. Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.: Hello there, My Surface Pro 4 is unable to switch between the 3 various output audio devices as shown below. For example, audio would be playing through "Speakers (Surface Dock)" then when I switch to "Headset Earphone (4- Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000)", the audio...
  9. Cannot Change Default Playback Device

Cannot Change Default Playback Device: I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro from windows 7 and I'm already starting to hate myself. I open the playback devices tab under sound and click on my Siberia v2 illuminated headset and click set as default device and it does nothing. I can't disable my speakers or...
  10. Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device

Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device: Here are my "relevant" system specs: CPU: 5960X Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme This seemed to have worked fine under Windows 7, but it stopped working awhile ago, I "think" about the time I upgraded to Windows 10. My Line-in will not playback any audio through my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant switch between speakers and headphones windows 10 update 1903