Windows 10: After upgrade to 1903. The HDDs detected as Portable Devices in taskbar

Discus and support After upgrade to 1903. The HDDs detected as Portable Devices in taskbar in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello people. i have ryzen 1800x + MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon actually i'm not sure if its bios problem or win10 new update 1903 problem or amd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by . Pedram., Sep 26, 2019.

1. . Pedram. Win User

After upgrade to 1903. The HDDs detected as Portable Devices in taskbar

Hello people.

i have ryzen 1800x + MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon

actually i'm not sure if its bios problem or win10 new update 1903 problem or amd chipset driver problem !
    because i did update these three options (bios 7B00v1JN(Beta version)+ amd chipset driver + win 10 build 1903) all together in one hours.
    and after several restarts i realised two of my internal hard Drives (TOSHIBA 2TB+ Seagate 2TB)SATA 3&4 have known As Portable devices in taskbar.
    i checked into bios for Hot plug and i disabled them (didn't help)
    and also i disabled (usb legacy) for all HDDs and SDD (didn't help either)

After upgrade to 1903. The HDDs detected as Portable Devices in taskbar f2249bb3-cefd-4d14-a9d1-6f6b09149d80?upload=true.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1-with some reason i have 4 SATA Controller Now !!!
    2-what must i do to windows 10 Detects my HDDs as normal internal Devises ?

3-for some reason SATA 3&4 Under ASmedia 106x SATA Controller detected as External Devices in task bar

4-SATA 1&2 are under Msi b350 chip controler (which detected normaly as internal drives)

After upgrade to 1903. The HDDs detected as Portable Devices in taskbar cf5e53a5-a850-4459-9f3e-9829c40fd4c5?upload=true.png

:)

. Pedram., Sep 26, 2019
  2. Dice Vil Win User

Portable HDD full but isn`t..

Hi Graham,

In most cases, this may already point to a hardware issue. We suggest doing the following to properly isolate this:

• Connect your portable HDD to a different port.
    • Connect your portable HDD to a different PC.
    • Connect other storage devices.

If you find that other storage devices work properly and your portable HDD still encounters an error with other computers, then this is already a hardware issue and you'll need to get in touch with the device manufacturer for assistance and troubleshooting.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Dice Vil, Sep 26, 2019
  3. ARH_999 Win User
    Portable HDD not available in Explorer but in Device Manager

I'm on Ver 1703 of Win 10 and tried to use my 250 GB Toshiba portable HDD to Back up some files on my laptop - I last used it in May with no issue. Now, while Device Manager reports it as a HDD and reports the drive and partition size, it does not appear
    in Explorer as a device that I read/write to. I've attempted driver updates , but nothing seems available from MS or Toshiba. Any suggestions? Thanks.

ARH_999, Sep 26, 2019
  4. After upgrade to 1903. The HDDs detected as Portable Devices in taskbar

Portable Devices not detecting after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Bivas,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you for the issue.

What are the exact Windows update errors code or message that you are receiving?

Let’s follow these steps and see if it fixes the issue:

Step 1:I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Right click on the start button.

• Click Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select “Hardware and sound”.

• Next select Hardware and
      Devices.

• Follow the onscreen instruction.
    Also you can update drivers from the Device Manager and check if it helps.

Step 2:
    Follow the steps to update drivers from the Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button, type
      Device Manager andEnter.

• Find the drivers which needs to be installed and also see if there are any warning symbols. If yes update the drivers.

• Right click and click on
      Properties
      , and go to Driver tab and click on Update driver.

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

After upgrade to 1903. The HDDs detected as Portable Devices in taskbar

1. After upgrade to 1903. The HDDs detected as Portable Devices in taskbar - Similar Threads - upgrade 1903 HDDs

2. Portable Devices no longer shows in Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Portable Devices no longer shows in Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 11: After upgrading to Windows 11, I no longer see Portable Devices when I open Device Manager. When I connect a portable storage device via USB -- or, for example, a Kindle -- Windows no longer recognizes that a device as been attached. Is this a known issue? And is there a fix?...
  3. Portable Devices no longer shows in Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Portable Devices no longer shows in Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 11: After upgrading to Windows 11, I no longer see Portable Devices when I open Device Manager. When I connect a portable storage device via USB -- or, for example, a Kindle -- Windows no longer recognizes that a device as been attached. Is this a known issue? And is there a fix?...
  4. portable devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    portable devices: Hello my problem is unknown device in my computer im not connect anything in my comp i try unistall but this device E:\ install again what is this or what can i do? this is dangerous?...
  5. SATA SSD showing up as portable storage device after upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SATA SSD showing up as portable storage device after upgrade: I recently upgraded my system, moving from Intel (i7-7700K/Asus Maximus IX Formula) to AMD (3900X/Aorus X570 Master). In the process of updating the BIOS, drivers and whatnot, I also updated Windows to 1909. After I was done, I noticed that the icon to "Safely Remove...
  6. portable device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    portable device: Hi Iam trying to sync my phone to the laptop i connect nothing happened i looked no portable device found in device manager ? Thank you Timmy [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-device/20ec0ed3-4eb3-468b-b534-dcf755704ba5
  7. Taskbar isn't transparent after upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar isn't transparent after upgrading to 1903: As the topic suggests, after I upgraded from 1809->1903, I seem to have lost the transparency of the Taskbar as seen in the screenshot below. Or maybe it's still transparent, but just barely. Looked so much better before upgrading to 1903. I already did some searching and...
  8. Wrong time in the taskbar after upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong time in the taskbar after upgrade to 1903: Hi, [ATTACH]I upgraded my computer to 1903, everything works as it should, but I just don't see it legibly (see strange characters only) time in the main bar, see screen. All attempts to repair failed. (I tried sfc / scannow) I copied the fonts from install.wim,...
  9. portable device

portable device: When I connect my andriod to my pc it cannot connect to pc. and my porable device is missing in device manager. driver cannot install in pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-device/5c6ef136-b901-4f6a-aaea-126fc4a2037c
  10. Nikon D5300 camera detected as COM, not portable device

Nikon D5300 camera detected as COM, not portable device: As title says, when connecting a Nikon D5300 camera to my desktop it appears as a serial (COM6) device in device manager. It should be detected as a portable device. (As it does when connected to my laptop) It is not shown in Explorer and no software for the camera...