Windows 10: After Upgrade To 20H2 ...

Discus and support After Upgrade To 20H2 ... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Yesterday, after upgrade to 20H2, the 'View Optional Updates' appeared. I cliked on it and this appeared : . [ATTACH] . I have the system configured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MourningStar, Nov 10, 2020.

1. After Upgrade To 20H2 ...

Yesterday, after upgrade to 20H2, the 'View Optional Updates' appeared. I cliked on it and this appeared :

After Upgrade To 20H2 ... xlJheaM.png

I have the system configured to NOT update automatically and 'Notify' me when updates are available.. Also, notice that some of these are years old. I am a 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' user. Also, if there was a problem and needed one of those, I am not savvy enough to know which is the one to grab.

What say the Gurus? -thx

:)

MourningStar, Nov 10, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

I doubt it is a glitch. I suspect it was designed that way.

NavyLCDR, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 10, 2020
  4. Aaron_511 Win User

After Upgrade To 20H2 ...

Option to upgrade to 20H2 is not present in 1903

Hi Daniela.

Thank you for the swift response in regards to my question, may I know what you meant by "Install the system updates prior to this latest version recently released to which you want to get"?

Right now I am just trying to install the 20H2 update so I am more curious if is possible to upgrade from 1903 straight towards 20H2 or if I am supposed to upgrade to another build (such as 1909, I have tested on another PC where it is using a 2004 build
    and that upgraded to 20H2 without any issues so I was wondering if this might be the case whereby there is a minimum build version requirement for upgrading to 20H2) before being able to upgrade towards 20H2.

Thank you.

Aaron_511, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

After Upgrade To 20H2 ...

1. After Upgrade To 20H2 ... - Similar Threads - Upgrade 20H2

2. Just upgraded to Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎1/‎17/‎2021

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just upgraded to Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎1/‎17/‎2021: All links to printer, fax, scanner, MS Office, who know what else have disappeared. Computer worked fine prior to "Update 20H2". Why did this "update" destroy my computer's operation? I want all my peripherals back!...
  3. dual layer discs no longer burn after Win 10 20h2 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual layer discs no longer burn after Win 10 20h2 upgrade: Hi, I can no longer burn dl discs. I am not sure how long this problem has been for me, but I found out about it when trying to make a disc for win10 20h2. It appears to fail at the time when the process is starting to turn the corner to start the second layer. I have 2...
  4. Should I upgrade to 20H2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I upgrade to 20H2?: I just got a new pc today, however I check windows update and it says I have the option to upgrade to 20H2. Is it safe to do so? I'm on 2004 and I've been hearing about bugs and BSOD that occur with 20H2. Have those been resolved? submitted by /u/TehMilitia [link]...
  5. Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version: hi guys I have upgraded my windows 10 home version to 20H2 for free Bought new version of 20H2 enterprise but if i Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version do i lose my software and apps and files on my previous 20H2? Thanks...
  6. [Upgrade] - BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2

[Upgrade] - BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2: Hello I'm attempting to upgrade to 20H2 but have been stopped for the last couple of months by BSOD incurred by Intel Engine Management Interface. I came across this thread which seemed promissing as the person involved had the same motherboard as and seemingly the same...
  7. Need Immediate Guidance. Windows 20H2 activation failed since the upgrade

Need Immediate Guidance. Windows 20H2 activation failed since the upgrade: I have a activated version of windows and is tied to my hardware. I am have an insider version of windows and I recently updated from 1903 to 20H2 and after the update the windows is asking me to activate the version of windows. I then noticed that my product Id changed with...
  8. Windows 20H2 activation failed after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 20H2 activation failed after upgrade: I have a activated version of windows and is tied to my hardware. I am have an insider version of windows and I recently updated from 1903 to 20H2 and after the update the windows is asking me to activate the version of windows. I then noticed that my product Id changed with...
  9. Windows 20H2 activation failed upgrade

Windows 20H2 activation failed upgrade: I have a activated version of windows and is tied to my hardware. I am have an insider version of windows and I recently updated from 1903 to 20H2 and after the update the windows is asking me to activate the version of windows. I then noticed that my product Id changed with...
  10. Trouble upgrading 20H2 with windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble upgrading 20H2 with windows update: I'm running 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630) x64. Windows update tries to install KB4592438 2020-12 Cumulative update. Each time I run the windows upgrade, it fails saying some files are missing or have problems. Here is what I have tried: sfc /scannow, various flavors of...