Windows 10: After upgrade to Win 10 1809 Cortana will not open links in any browser

Discus and support After upgrade to Win 10 1809 Cortana will not open links in any browser in Cortana to solve the problem; I upgraded to 1809 a few days ago on three computers. Tried Cortana today, and it will not open any links. It used to open in IE, or more recently,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by StillActive, Nov 25, 2018.

1. After upgrade to Win 10 1809 Cortana will not open links in any browser

I upgraded to 1809 a few days ago on three computers. Tried Cortana today, and it will not open any links. It used to open in IE, or more recently, Edge. I have IE 11 (and it is activated in windows features), Edge, and my default is Firefox.

I can't find a setting that impacts this.

Any help?

:)

StillActive, Nov 25, 2018
  2. atulban Win User

Settings button, ask cortana not working and no hibernate link after upgrading to Windows 10

I had upgraded to Win 10 last night.

• My Setting from Start menu is not working.
    • I am not able to see 'Ask Cortana' when highlight any subject matter and right click after that in MS Edge browser? I am in India and my previous version was Win 7 Ultimate.
    • On clicking Power button, I am not getting Hibernate link. Only "Sleep" "Restart" and "Shutdown" are there. Pls help.

atulban, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Cortana is not opening on Windows 10

Hi,

We need few details to assist you better,

• What exactly happens when you try to open Cortana?

• Did you made any recent changes to you computer?
    As initial step, Please refer the below link and check:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the status of your issue we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Nov 25, 2018
  4. After upgrade to Win 10 1809 Cortana will not open links in any browser

Cortana not working in Win 10 upgrade

upgraded to win 10 this morning and tried to use Cortana, either by clicking on search box in taskbar or on cortana in start menu, Homepage for cortana is blank white, in setting i can not turn cortana on, but looks like the feedback is working? suggestions?

JakeMalishchak, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

After upgrade to Win 10 1809 Cortana will not open links in any browser

1. After upgrade to Win 10 1809 Cortana will not open links in any browser - Similar Threads - upgrade 1809 Cortana

2. Cortana is gone in win 10 1809

in Cortana
    Cortana is gone in win 10 1809: So for some reason cortana i guess got uninstalled by something. And i cant get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-gone-in-win-10-1809/08ae4df0-c332-46fa-82e2-5e9a26ed3c5a
  3. Cortana is gone in win 10 1809

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana is gone in win 10 1809: So for some reason cortana i guess got uninstalled by something. And i cant get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-gone-in-win-10-1809/08ae4df0-c332-46fa-82e2-5e9a26ed3c5a
  4. Cortana is gone in win 10 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Links not working in any browser now - Win 10 21H1 19043.1110

in Browsers and Email
    Links not working in any browser now - Win 10 21H1 19043.1110: Not sure when this started but it's been awhile. I've always created links to files on my web server as follows: HTML Code: <a target=_blank href=movies/Kitchen-Tricks.mp4>Kitchen Tricks</a> This allowed it work whether the site was accessed via the internal address...
  6. Site's video links don't open in Win 10 browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Site's video links don't open in Win 10 browsers: For the past few days, I've been getting an email newsletter from Brownstone Research. Those newsletters typically contain a links to a video or two. With my iPad Mini 2, the latter play in Safari, but on my Win 10 desktop the loading spiral appears for an instant, then...
  7. Cant open any web browser cortana suspends it, uwp?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant open any web browser cortana suspends it, uwp?: as title states, i try to open up chrome or microsoft edge and it freezes, i go to task manager and theres a green leaf on cortana saying background app suspended?...
  8. Cortana will not open a browser.

in Cortana
    Cortana will not open a browser.: I have three Windows 10 computers. All have Firefox as the default browser. First, I understand that Cortana will always use Edge as its default browser. I am ok with that. When I type a question into Cortana on one of my machines (an MS Surface Pro 4), Cortana shows...
  9. Having problems with Cortana and Search after upgrading to version 1809

in Cortana
    Having problems with Cortana and Search after upgrading to version 1809: I upgraded my Windows 10 version 1803 to 1809. Cortana is slow to trigger and as I speak, it quits without doing anything. Same thing happens when i press the mic option. Also when I search for some app and press Enter, the search menu still draws over other apps and even...
  10. Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809: Hi guys there definitely seems to be a bug with 1809 affecting certain Realtek network cards and Edge. Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.2) I have three computers. Two laptops & a desktop. DT & one laptop had no problems but the laptop with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana not working windows 10 after upgrade to 1809