Windows 10: After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure

Discus and support After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alexander_SFA, Nov 25, 2021.

1. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure

Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft Store, because i wanted to bind the laptop to Azure. I started without network and created a local user. Then i went to buy the upgrade. Since you cannot buy any license there with an azure user, login was refused, i created a new one and bought the upgrade with that. The activating went fine and the system now shows "Windows 10 Pro". Then i tried to login with an azure account, but it always shows, login not possible due to there is no such user

:)

Alexander_SFA, Nov 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 login with Azure AD join failing

I have two Surface 3 (i.e. not Pro) tablets that I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I also have a fully working Office 365 tenancy. I logged in with a Microsoft (Live) account to create an initial administrator account.

Then I was excited to perform an Azure AD Join on the first one and logged into Windows 10 using the "Other user" option that then appeared on the login screen. I logged in using the O365 account that I used for the Join and another O365 account. However,
    the second Surface will join the Azure AD (O365) tenancy no problems but every time I try to log in it tries for a while and then says that "The username or password is incorrect. Try again."

Does anyone have a way to diagnose what is going wrong or have a suggestion on how to resolve this please?

Thanks.

SteveR_Ark, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Ethan.ASI Win User
    Joining a Windows 10 Pro machine to Azure AD without linking/registering an employees email address to that computer

I have been researching for a few weeks now trying to figure out how to join Azure AD for new purchased machines when setting up the machine.

I have two different scenarios that would be joining azure AD.

1. Shipping a machine that has not been setup yet directly to an employee's location. I have to walk through step by step on how to configure settings, join the azure domain, and how to download a program or two. Is their a Microsoft process that I can put
    information into that knows that computer needs to join our azure domain? I do not wish to sign in with my credentials to join the azure domain each time we order a new computer.

2. If my company has a windows 10 Home edition machine that we would want to add to our Azure AD, We purchase a windows 10 pro license and activate it under the settings. our next step is going into the settings to join an azure AD domain through a Microsoft
    account, however I do not wish to register my account on every computer in our environment. Is their a way to have this computer join azure AD with some sort of a token or activation process? The second issue to this scenario is after joining the azure AD
    with my credentials the local admin account is still active and I need to then go through the process of logging in and removing this account.

What would be the best process of joining my environments machines to our Azure AD network without having to register my account with each computer?

Ethan.ASI, Nov 25, 2021
  4. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure

Joining Windows 10 to Office365/azure

Hi Lan,

Based on your description, we understand that you want to join Azure AD from a local admin. You may refer to this article

AzureAD Domain Join – Add user to local adminstrator group.

In addition, we suggest you post the question in
    Azure forum
    for dedicated assistance. This is the specific channel that handles Azure related questions and issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Tina

Tina Chen MSFT, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure

1. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure - Similar Threads - Upgrade Pro cannot

2. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure: Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft Store, because i wanted to bind the laptop to Azure. I started without network and created a local user. Then i went to buy...
  3. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure: Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft Store, because i wanted to bind the laptop to Azure. I started without network and created a local user. Then i went to buy...
  4. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot bind to Azure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot bind to Azure: Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft Store, because i wanted to bind the laptop to Azure. I started without network and created a local user. Then i went to buy...
  5. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot bind to Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot bind to Azure: Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft Store, because i wanted to bind the laptop to Azure. I started without network and created a local user. Then i went to buy...
  6. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot bind to Azure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Join or Leave AZURE AD missing in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Join or Leave AZURE AD missing in Windows 10 Pro: I updated few PC's from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, when i try to add the PC's in Azure AD the option to add the PC in Azure AD is missing. Version 1709 (OS Build 16299. 125) 158197
  8. Join or Leave AZURE AD missing in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Join or Leave AZURE AD missing in Windows 10 Pro: I updated few PC's from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, when i try to add the PC's in Azure AD the option to add the PC in Azure AD is missing. Version 1709 OS Build 16299. 125...
  9. Join or Leave AZURE AD missing in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Join or Leave AZURE AD missing in Windows 10 Pro: I updated few PC's from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, when i try to add the PC's in Azure AD the option to add the PC in Azure AD is missing. Version 1709 (OS Build 16299. 125) 158197
  10. Join Windows 10 PC to Azure AD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Windows 10 PC to Azure AD: How to: Join Windows 10 PC to Azure AD [img] Information First, a bit longer quote to explain Azure AD: Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) provides an easy way for businesses to manage identity and access, both in the cloud and on-premises. Your users can use the...