Windows 10: After upgrade to Windows 10 sound is missing

Discus and support After upgrade to Windows 10 sound is missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I used PC running Windows 7 then I upgraded my system to Windows 10. Now the sound is missing and I cannot turn it on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by abigail moya piñol, Jan 30, 2020.

1. After upgrade to Windows 10 sound is missing

I used PC running Windows 7 then I upgraded my system to Windows 10. Now the sound is missing and I cannot turn it on.

:)

abigail moya piñol, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Sound Problem after upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re having issue with sound, I will make sure to help you with this issue.

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound
    card.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the volume icon which is on bottom right corner.
    • Click on playback devices and highlight headphones.
    • Then below click on properties.
    • And then click on Advanced Tab and below click on
      Restore to default
    • And then Apply and click on OK
    If the issue still persist then I would suggest you to follow the steps from the below link:

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps are given for Windows 8.1 but same applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

After upgrade to Windows 10 sound is missing

Sound Quality / Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi J,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to troubleshoot sound issues after upgrading to Windows 10:

• Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the
      Speakers
      . Double-click on it to open its Properties window.
    • Got to Advanced tab and change the bit rate to either of the following: 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz. Depending on the speaker configuration.
    If that won't work, follow these steps on how to scan for hardware changes:

• Go to Start menu, search for Device Manager and click it.
    • Expand Sound and audio devices.
    • Right-click on the current sound driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you download the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from your PC's manufacturer website.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

After upgrade to Windows 10 sound is missing

1. After upgrade to Windows 10 sound is missing - Similar Threads - upgrade sound missing

2. No sound after upgrade windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after upgrade windows 10 to windows 11: Hi, All...I'm need help, no sound after upgrade my laptop to WIN 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-upgrade-windows-10-to-windows-11/86eabe08-93d5-4a6d-bb3b-0be667388af7
  3. No sound after upgrade windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after upgrade windows 10 to windows 11: Hi, All...I'm need help, no sound after upgrade my laptop to WIN 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-upgrade-windows-10-to-windows-11/86eabe08-93d5-4a6d-bb3b-0be667388af7
  4. No sound after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after upgrade to windows 10: I upgraded my toshiba satellite L755 laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 and now I have no sound. All drivers are up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-upgrade-to-windows-10/84566661-97fa-419b-aa17-090b4560e549
  5. No sound after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after Windows 10 upgrade: Every time windows upgrades, I have sound issues. I've reinstalled my sound drivers, updated them, everything is reporting working but no sound again. Last time it was a simple settings change but I cannot remember or find it on the internet. Any ideas?...
  6. No Sound after upgrade of Windows 10 in Oct.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound after upgrade of Windows 10 in Oct.: I just want to say that I did a CLEAN INSTALL of windows 10.....and I got my sound back after 7 weeks without sound...….THANKS MICROSOFT...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-upgrade-of-windows-10-in-oct/f85ae29a-21eb-43a2-a988-f0086f996206
  7. No Sound after upgrade to windows 10

No Sound after upgrade to windows 10: It's been over a year, I periodically google to try and fix it but cant get back. Please ask any info you need and please help me get my back. Have a Dell Inspiron desktop, previously was vista which was upgraded to 10. 109552
  8. No Sound after Windows 10 upgrade

No Sound after Windows 10 upgrade: After the Win 10 upgrade, (running Firefox) Pandora, U tube, Quicktime, and Itunes audio all quit working.... this is what I have in the Manage Audio Devices control panel: Speakers / Headphones IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Default Device (green check mark)...
  9. Horrable sound after upgrade to windows 10

Horrable sound after upgrade to windows 10: Hi All, I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I have had some problems with all of the sounds that I hear having a horrible static before, during, and after they play, and sometimes they are really distorted in addition to this. I have the...
  10. Distorted sound after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Distorted sound after Windows 10 upgrade: Gardy here I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and lately I've been needing add-ons (headphones, external speakers) to cope with distorted sound. I'm guessing this is a software issue since my sound was working fine before. Is there a way I can fix this? Over and out!...