Windows 10: After Upgrade Windows 10 to Build 1809 Blu Ray burn fails

Discus and support After Upgrade Windows 10 to Build 1809 Blu Ray burn fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During the burn process the procedure fails on different points. The drive connected via SATA or installed as an external drive via USB3 does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterBoNieuwk, Jan 8, 2019.

1. After Upgrade Windows 10 to Build 1809 Blu Ray burn fails

During the burn process the procedure fails on different points.

The drive connected via SATA or installed as an external drive via USB3 does not change the problem.

After the restore of my C drive to version Build 1803, the unit works fine again.

:)

PeterBoNieuwk, Jan 8, 2019

2. Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works

I have a Dell XPS 8100 and all of a sudden, I can not burn DVD's. I have two drives, the DVD burner that came with the computer and a Blu-Ray burner (LG) that I added. Neither will burn DVD's but I have no problems burning Blu-Rays. It's not the blanks because I tried two different brands and not the burning software because I tried Nero 2018 and ImgBurn. The error message from ImgBurn says write failed. Any suggestions?

TheBigCheese, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Samsung Blu Ray failing to burn.

Hi,

My Windows 10 OS was upgraded automatically by Windows Update. It's a Dell (32/64 bit) system with a old format DVD burner (CDRom0) and a second, recently purchaed USB Samsung Blu Ray player TSSTcorp BDDVDW SE-506CB (CDRom1). It worked perfectly until the
    update when I discovered that the device driver had been changed. Since then the device has stopped burning Blu Ray. I have been unable to find a updated replacement driver so I've been searching the internet for a solution. I came across a question on this
    site and in my excitement followed these instructions to add an entry to the Registry:

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

It added the entry successfully, but still the device fails to burn Blu Ray discs. It may be that I have a conflict with the orignal DVD device which came with the Dell when purchased.

Please note that the Samsung device is working (I can open/close the tray by clicking the button of the player itself or eject. It is recognized in File Explorer when I insert a blank disc).

I have the results of the burn failure from the Log File, if needed. Can you help?

RichardPalmRA, Jan 8, 2019
  4. After Upgrade Windows 10 to Build 1809 Blu Ray burn fails

Burning Blu Ray on Windows 10

Hi, after updating to Win 10 I have lost the ability to burn blue rays. i can put regular Cd's on both my drives and they work fine, but as soon as a Blu Ray disc or a blank Blu Ray disk is inserted in either drive win 10 hangs for a few seconds and then
    crash. If any have had this problem and can help I will really appreciated. If I boot in to windows 7 both drives work perfectly.

PunkgambitPR, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

After Upgrade Windows 10 to Build 1809 Blu Ray burn fails

1. After Upgrade Windows 10 to Build 1809 Blu Ray burn fails - Similar Threads - Upgrade Build 1809

2. Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verification: Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verificationLog Name: System Source: cdrom Date: 11/13/2022 1:01:15 PM Event ID: 51 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-RVGGN6P Description: An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0...
  3. Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verification: Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verificationLog Name: System Source: cdrom Date: 11/13/2022 1:01:15 PM Event ID: 51 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-RVGGN6P Description: An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0...
  4. Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning: I'm trying to back up my data to 50GB blu-ray. So far I have 1 successful attempt and 2 failures just what you need at £10 a disk!. Whats worse is the failed disks look like they worked because and data checked reads the temporary data not the non-existent disk data. My work...
  6. Blu-Ray problems after upgrade to Windows 10

Blu-Ray problems after upgrade to Windows 10: My Sony Vaio Laptop can't play CDs, DVDs or BluRays any more after upgrading to Windows 10. Windows recognizes the drive as "CD-ROM Drive", but if I insert a disc, nothing happens except for a green bar that slowly moves. When I right-click the BD-drive and tell it to open...
  7. Burning Blu Ray

Burning Blu Ray: Hi, I was just wondering if in windows 10 you have to buy an external Blu Ray writer to be able to burn videos to a blank Blu ray disc? I have read this article https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-burn-cds-dvds-blu-ray-discs-windows/ and many others and am...
  8. Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 - Upgrade

Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 - Upgrade: "Is Windows 10 going to support Bluray? It was sorely missed in Windows 10 and it baffles me how such a basic thing wasn't supported." "Corel WinDvD no longer works after upgrading OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Will Sony provide software upgrade to make the blu ray player...
  9. Looking for a good Blu Ray burning software

Looking for a good Blu Ray burning software: Hi,I would like to create a Blu-Ray disk including the DTS, THX and Dolby lossless audio trailers (and best possible picture) that I can play through my Denon AVR and home cinema.Preferably I'd like to easily be able to see in the Blu-Ray menu the name of each trailer so that...
  10. Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works

Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works: I can see the DVD drive go, as a DVD requires a higher intensity Laser for burning. But not the Blu-Ray drive. I guess you will have to replace one of the drives to verify it is a drive problem. DVD drives are relatively cheap any more. I see $20 DVD burner drives at...