Windows 10: After upgrade Windows from 8.1. to 10, my key will work with Home&Pro?

Discus and support After upgrade Windows from 8.1. to 10, my key will work with Home&Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I need your help! I bought Windows 8.1 Full Version in the past and then I upgraded to Windows 10 with that upgrade from some years ago, I wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bogdanoviciu, May 1, 2019.

1. After upgrade Windows from 8.1. to 10, my key will work with Home&Pro?

Hi, I need your help!
    I bought Windows 8.1 Full Version in the past and then I upgraded to Windows 10 with that upgrade from some years ago, I wasn't satisfied with it so I reinstalled Windows 8.1.
    One month ago I had some problems with my Windows, so someone helped me to reinstall it, because I didn't have time. This guy told me that he installed Windows 10 and my PC doesn't need another key because it's somehow stored on my motherboard. Now i have so many problems with my windows, it freeze sometimes when I play games and when I try to restart the PC, Windows doesn't load and show that message with "Preparing automatic repair" or it started after many restarts. In conclusion I want to reinstall windows, because when I tried to make a backup file it shows that windows it installed not only on SSD but also on HDD (I don't know how), so I want to delete everything to solve this problems and reinstall only on SSD, so here appears another problem: now, after that guy installed Windows 10 Home (I had Windows 8.1. Full Verios in the past), I wanna know if the key will be taken automatically by Windows if I'll install Windows 10 Pro, concidering that in the past i upgraded from 8.1. Full Version to 10, or because that guy installed Windows 10 Home now i can't install Windows 10 Pro.
    Thank you so much for your time, please help me and sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker.

:)

bogdanoviciu, May 1, 2019

2. windows 10 key

I read through most of that thread and it seems you have to jump through windows insider hoops. Is there a Retail Windows 10 x64 PRO ISO I can download directly from microsoft that my windows 8 key will work with?

Easy Rhino, May 1, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, May 1, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

After upgrade Windows from 8.1. to 10, my key will work with Home&Pro?

Will Windows 8.0 pro upgrade key work?

The answer to that question is yes it will activate Windows 10 Pro. What it won't do, though, is trigger an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro.

1. Install Windows 10 Pro - not activated. Enter Windows 8/8.1 Pro upgrade product key. It will activate.
    2. Install Windows 10 Home. Change product key. Here a Windows 8/8.1 Pro upgrade key (and any Windows 7/8/8.1 Pro product key) will be rejected. Instead enter the Windows 10 Pro generic product key and the upgrade to Pro will be triggered. Now you have a non-activated Windows 10 Pro installed. Change product key again, enter the Windows 8/8.1 Pro upgrade product key and it will activate.

Now - this is all assuming that the Windows 8/8.1 Pro upgrade product key has not been blocked from automatic activation. What I don't know is if phone activation will work in that case - or if the user must actually install Windows 8/8.1 Pro and activate it via phone first. My Windows 7 product key (good for 3 license family pack) has been blocked from automatic activation and I have to call the recorded phone line every time.

NavyLCDR, May 1, 2019
Thema:

After upgrade Windows from 8.1. to 10, my key will work with Home&Pro?

1. After upgrade Windows from 8.1. to 10, my key will work with Home&Pro? - Similar Threads - upgrade key Home&Pro

2. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  3. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  4. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key: Hello! I have one quick question: Is it still possible to use an old Windows 8 Pro license to upgrade my Windows 10 to professional? I saw in articles online that it was possible but when I went to activation and put in the Product Key in my email from when I bought Windows...
  6. Windows 10 Home Key after to upgrading to Pro

Windows 10 Home Key after to upgrading to Pro: Hi, I want to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro, as my local shop is having a big discount sale. After I upgraded to Pro using the new key, what happen with my current Windows 10 Home key? Can I use it for another device? If it's worth to mention, I upgraded to 10 Home from...
  7. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  8. No product key after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro for Workstations

No product key after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro for Workstations: I have Windows 10 Home that I bought from the Windows store and have no problems. Once I bought it it included the key to activate. I then purchased an upgrade through the Windows Store for Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and I was not given a key. Both versions show paid...
  9. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home...
  10. Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8: I have been subscribed to the insider preview and had all the builds of Win 10 as they have been released when Win 10 went RTM I unsubscribed and installed Win 8 Pro and registered using my legit Win 8 Pro key afterwards I upgraded to Win 10 RTM from Microsoft updates and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 8.0 serial key is not working on 8.1

2. key for windows 8.1 after 8.0 upgrade

3. wen i update my windows phone 8.1 to10 can messenger work

4. i upgraded from win 8 does that key work for win10,
  5. upgrade my windows 8 key