Windows 10: After upgrading From Windows 7 to Windows 10, Excel 2013 can no longer open .xlsx files on...

Discus and support After upgrading From Windows 7 to Windows 10, Excel 2013 can no longer open .xlsx files on... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I put this in the Windows 10 category because it started when upgrading from Win7 to Win10. Even an empty .xlsx file won't open from Network Share.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by swb_mct, Dec 2, 2018.

1. swb_mct Win User

After upgrading From Windows 7 to Windows 10, Excel 2013 can no longer open .xlsx files on...

I put this in the Windows 10 category because it started when upgrading from Win7 to Win10.

Even an empty .xlsx file won't open from Network Share. No problem with Word or PowerPoint.

"Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more Documents because there is not enough memory or disk space" But there is 7GB free memory and 200GB free disk space.

If I copy the .xlsx file to the local computer I can open the file. All other Microsoft and other applications have no problem with network files.

I have configure the Office 2013 Trust center a liberally as I can, but still not resolved.

Other forums talk about this problem and say to right click on the file, select properties and then click "Unlock" But that option does not exist on Excel file properties on my computer.

:)

swb_mct, Dec 2, 2018

2. xlsx files can't open

Hello Donald,

.XLSX is a file extension for an open XML spreadsheet used by Microsoft Excel. For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Is Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? If yes, which version of Microsoft Excel are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages when opening the .xlsx files?
    • Did you create the said file or was it downloaded from a certain source?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Callender Win User

After upgrading From Windows 7 to Windows 10, Excel 2013 can no longer open .xlsx files on...

How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files

You are supposed to double click on the entry for .xls in control Panel > Set Associations and in the window that opens choose "More Apps" then in the file explorer window that opens up browse to the Excel executable and select it.

After upgrading From Windows 7 to Windows 10,  Excel 2013 can no longer open .xlsx files on... [​IMG]

After upgrading From Windows 7 to Windows 10,  Excel 2013 can no longer open .xlsx files on... [​IMG]

See: Cant find Office applications in Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7? - Office Support

So launch Excel and leave it running. Start Task Manager [Ctrl+Shift+Esc]

In task manager processes tab scroll to excel.exe and right click on it. Choose "open file location" from the list and in the window that opens locate excel.exe and note the folder path. Use that path to browse to the executable in the step above that mentions browsing to the executable.

Callender, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. After upgrading From Windows 7 to Windows 10, Excel 2013 can no longer open .xlsx files on... - Similar Threads - upgrading Excel 2013

2. I can no longer print on network printer after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer print on network printer after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I upgraded 2 computers call One SH Computer the other RA Computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. These 2 computers can print fine on their local printer, the RA Computer can no longer print on the SH Computer. The RA Computer was able to to print on the SH Computer when they...
  3. I can no longer print on network printer after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can no longer print on network printer after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I upgraded 2 computers call One SH Computer the other RA Computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. These 2 computers can print fine on their local printer, the RA Computer can no longer print on the SH Computer. The RA Computer was able to to print on the SH Computer when they...
  4. I can no longer print on network printer after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can no longer open anything in Microsoft 2013 or print after latest Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer open anything in Microsoft 2013 or print after latest Windows updates: Since the last updates in Windows 10, I am unable to open any program or any file in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint. The message that comes up is: "We're sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Excel or Word or powerpoint will need to...
  6. Office 2013 no longer displaying pictures correctly after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office 2013 no longer displaying pictures correctly after upgrade to windows 10: After upgrading to windows 10, images in documents opened in Microsoft word 2013 no longer display. Same issue in powerpoint however no issues opening the same .doc in google docs. My issues match the issues another user was experiencing after the update to windows 10....
  7. can not open an xlsx file on an email attatchment

in Windows 10 Customization
    can not open an xlsx file on an email attatchment: I have been sent in my email, an xlsx attatchment and it wont open, how can i open this attatchment, i am on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-an-xlsx-file-on-an-email-attatchment/fffe2778-8bf2-46c5-bc6a-ab4e65f21113
  8. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  9. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  10. downloading excel file changes file extension to .xlsx

in Microsoft Office and 365
    downloading excel file changes file extension to .xlsx: I have tried to download an Excel (.xls extension) from a web site I use. On download I get a file with a .xlsx extension which will not open in Windows Office 2010. I successfully downloaded the file using Chromodo so I assume there is something corrupting the download via...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can no longer open .xlsx files