Windows 10: After upgrading to fall creator, Printer not working

Discus and support After upgrading to fall creator, Printer not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday, I upgrade windows to fall creator and now my HP 1020 Plus printer (2017 Mfg) is not working. I ran the MS troubleshooter but it did not find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sam9, Oct 31, 2017.

1. sam9 Win User

After upgrading to fall creator, Printer not working

Yesterday, I upgrade windows to fall creator and now my HP 1020 Plus printer (2017 Mfg) is not working. I ran the MS troubleshooter but it did not find any problem.

:)

2. WoodyK(1) Win User

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Remote Desktop Crashes

Remote Desktop crashes after upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19), Disable printer redirection in the RDP setting didn't work but update graphics card driver fixed
    the issue for me.

WoodyK(1), Oct 31, 2017
  3. WoodyK(1) Win User
    Remote Desktop Fails after Fall Creator's Update

Remote Desktop crashes after upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19), Disable printer redirection in the RDP setting didn't work but update graphics card driver fixed
    the issue for me.

WoodyK(1), Oct 31, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Plankton, Oct 31, 2017
  5. sam9 Win User
  6. sam9 Win User
    I uninstalled the printer and printer driver. Then I went to HP website but the driver at the site was of old date 2016. I downloaded again but before installing I attached the printer again and checked device manager and found that their was no question mark on printer which means that the fall creator update has driver included. I gave the print command and it was successful.

I think this post will be useful for others who may be facing same type of problem.

The conclusion, uninstall the printer and driver and when you will attach printer again, Windows will automatically assign driver to it.

Thanks for the Hint.

sam9, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After upgrading to fall creator, Printer not working - Similar Threads - upgrading fall creator

2. secure boot not working now after fall creator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    secure boot not working now after fall creator: So a rather peculiar thing i noticed is my secure boot is not on anymore, it's on in the bios but bios says it's in setup mode and disabled, but yet i have it enabled and set on standard in the bios the status of it says that. inside windows system info it says this Secure...
  3. How To Stop The Fall Creators Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Stop The Fall Creators Upgrade: I tried to use the method I used to stop 14393.1715 from upgrading to The CU but with 15063,632 that method stops all updates. Does anyone know of a workable one as 16299 will not work properly on my PC. 94817
  4. INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...

in Browsers and Email
    INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...: Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I thought it was more browser than OS related. Anyway, after last week's v1709 update, CCleaner has been deleting a file it never used to. C:\Users\UserId\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\deprecated.cookie It shows up...
  5. Sharing not working correctly after fall creators update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing not working correctly after fall creators update: I have three Win10 machines in the same workgroup, all with shared folders that the other machines can access. Previously this has been working fine. Two of the machines have just been updated with the fall creators update. What I now find is: From Network in Windows...
  6. Fall Creators Upgrade, ATI PowerPlay, BSOD

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fall Creators Upgrade, ATI PowerPlay, BSOD: fresh install to fall creators update, installed legacy drivers as usual (v10.2). this time, if i try to change powerplay settings windows gives me a BSOD. does anyone know if it is possible to set/change something in the .inf file to reduce power consumption?!...
  7. Upgrade to Fall Creator affects Start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Fall Creator affects Start menu: I did the Fall Creator update and found that my Start Menu and Tiles did no longer contain my apps. Regular programs, Office, Edge, etc. show up as they should but apps like facebook, MyRadar, Solitaire(s), etc. do not. The apps are still on the computer and can be accessed...
  8. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  9. fall creator update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....