Windows 10: After upgrading to windows 10, my laptop screen is black when it without power connection

Discus and support After upgrading to windows 10, my laptop screen is black when it without power connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I have an old laptop, and I upgrade his hard drive to ssd, and install on him windows 10the laptop had windows 7. Since I do that, my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmiadKorman, Nov 5, 2020.

1. After upgrading to windows 10, my laptop screen is black when it without power connection

Hey,

I have an old laptop, and I upgrade his hard drive to ssd, and install on him windows 10the laptop had windows 7. Since I do that, my laptop screen is black when the laptop without power connection, but when I connect it, the screen turn on immediatlyThe laptop work excellent and power on, just the screen is black.

I saw that my driver to the graphic card is for AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series, but I have on the computer AMD Radeon HD 6470M Series. I tried to update the drive without success.

Someone can help me? I'm very close to despair, and I really need that this computer will work without power connection.

Thanks!

My laptop is: asus x54hy i3 23110M

motherboard: model K54LY, ASUSTeK computer Inc.

BIOS: version - K54LY.20812/21/2011

:)

AmiadKorman, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 5, 2020
  4. After upgrading to windows 10, my laptop screen is black when it without power connection

Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

After upgrading to windows 10, my laptop screen is black when it without power connection

1. After upgrading to windows 10, my laptop screen is black when it without power connection - Similar Threads - upgrading laptop screen

2. Computer black screen after restart or when powered on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer black screen after restart or when powered on: So I have had this pc for a few months and its been acting weird when it boots. So if I'm just trying to restart my pc it restarts but then it shows the logo for Legion because i have a legion pc then it goes black. I know my monitors on and working because its a lighter...
  3. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after powering on: Hello,Today I ran into a problem with my computer. Some background info, I currently have Windows installed on my SSD and also have an additional HDD but that harddrive is old and has a lot of problems. So when turning on my PC windows asks me to do a disk check. But I don’t...
  4. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after powering on: Hello,Today I ran into a problem with my computer. Some background info, I currently have Windows installed on my SSD and also have an additional HDD but that harddrive is old and has a lot of problems. So when turning on my PC windows asks me to do a disk check. But I don’t...
  5. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up

Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up: [IMG][IMG]I shut down my laptop after the screen started getting weird black bars around it and when I started it up it showed either just a black lit up screen or a black lit up screen with the glitched block in the middle. The cursor also shows up and can be moved around...
  7. Black Screen when power on

Black Screen when power on: Laptop screen just goes black while I using it. I switched off and on again, the led lights were on but no display on the screen. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-when-power-on/fd508336-6fb7-4730-8f1d-1673ebd848b6
  8. Help My laptop powers on but screen is black

Help My laptop powers on but screen is black: Help i have an Asus Zenbook Deluxe UX490UA and my screen isn’t powering on it’s just black the laptop it self is on power indication makes notification sounds and Capslock sounds but the screen is just black ive had it since 13th of October and have not dropped it once and...
  9. Black screen without cursor after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen without cursor after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro: After upgrading my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro I have also been plagued with the black screen of death. After the BIOS screen it goes black and I do not even get a mouse cursor and I've also let it run for about 30 minutes just in case and nothing. I've tried a lot of the...
  10. Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10: I have a dell insperation and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my laptop, however, I have an issue where I am presented with a black screen when i start my computer. I do see a dell screen and a...