Windows 10: After upgrading to windows 10 on my system, my laptop has been crashing at least once a...

Discus and support After upgrading to windows 10 on my system, my laptop has been crashing at least once a... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Computer name: USER-PC Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363 Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS Hardware: 20041 , LENOVO, Base Board Product Name CPU:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Clubstreet, Dec 12, 2019.

1. After upgrading to windows 10 on my system, my laptop has been crashing at least once a...

Computer name: USER-PC
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: 20041 , LENOVO, Base Board Product Name
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz Intel8664, level: 6
    4 logical processors, active mask: 15
    RAM: 8379011072 bytes (7.8GB)

Crash Dump Analysis
    Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. This system is not configured for complete or automatic crash dumps. For best results, configure your system to write out complete or automatic crash dumps. Select Tools->Crash Dump Configuration from the main menu to configure your system to write out complete memory dumps.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Wed 12/11/2019 2:37:59 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121119-45765-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x47FE8)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF8506A62C0028, 0xB2000000, 0x5)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 12/9/2019 4:31:20 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120919-44484-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFB80F5EE48028, 0xB2000000, 0x5)
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 12/8/2019 12:14:32 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120819-44421-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF9E82F3CC7028, 0xB2000000, 0x5)

On Fri 12/6/2019 4:15:56 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120619-56093-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFBA0E756E7028, 0xB2000000, 0x5)

On Thu 11/28/2019 10:09:31 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112819-59671-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF808A4A2CD028, 0xB2000000, 0x5)

On Tue 11/26/2019 2:53:18 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112619-42171-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFDA0B8D880028, 0xB2000000, 0x5)

On Sat 11/23/2019 1:14:20 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112319-43937-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFC5065F477028, 0xB2000000, 0x5)

:)

Clubstreet, Dec 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 12, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

After upgrading to windows 10 on my system, my laptop has been crashing at least once a...

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

After upgrading to windows 10 on my system, my laptop has been crashing at least once a...

1. After upgrading to windows 10 on my system, my laptop has been crashing at least once a... - Similar Threads - upgrading system laptop

2. My pc is crashing probably at least once everyday, sometimes double crashing right after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is crashing probably at least once everyday, sometimes double crashing right after...: i have minidump files, MSinfo and system specs in a onedrive. i did the Verifier thing and it crashed a few times before even getting into the log in page, and did the system repair thing i think. i will do the verifier reset command as I do not want to kill my pc since I did...
  3. My pc is crashing probably at least once everyday, sometimes double crashing right after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is crashing probably at least once everyday, sometimes double crashing right after...: i have minidump files, MSinfo and system specs in a onedrive. i did the Verifier thing and it crashed a few times before even getting into the log in page, and did the system repair thing i think. i will do the verifier reset command as I do not want to kill my pc since I did...
  4. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes at least once a day: Sorry, not sure what the stopcode was because I wasn't looking at the screen. But from the daily crashes, irql_not_less_or_equal shows up the most.Here is the link with the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhrYvg_dPqiJi3N7FizJ8hw_Er8B?e=YFyGEFThanks in advance!...
  5. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes at least once a day: Sorry, not sure what the stopcode was because I wasn't looking at the screen. But from the daily crashes, irql_not_less_or_equal shows up the most.Here is the link with the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhrYvg_dPqiJi3N7FizJ8hw_Er8B?e=YFyGEFThanks in advance!...
  6. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. New PC from my work has been crashing at least once daily

New PC from my work has been crashing at least once daily: Hi guys! So my workplace has sent me a new pc for my WFH setup. Its a newly built PC, fresh install and hardware supplied by a tech retailer here in our city. I was having a lot of BSOD during my first use but I was able to resolve it by setting the power saving setting to...
  8. New PC from my work has been crashing at least once daily

New PC from my work has been crashing at least once daily: Hi guys! So my workplace has sent me a new pc for my WFH setup. Its a newly built PC, fresh install and hardware supplied by a tech retailer here in our city. I was having a lot of BSOD during my first use but I was able to resolve it by setting the power saving setting to...
  9. After the 20h2 update my laptop has been regularly crashing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After the 20h2 update my laptop has been regularly crashing.: Before this everything was fine and it never crashed but now it seems to happen frequently, even with only a single browser running. How do I fix this or is this something that would require to get another patch to be fixed? submitted by /u/Sponged_Bob [link] [comments]...
  10. My laptop has been crashing randomly

My laptop has been crashing randomly: My laptop has been crashing randomly. youtube, games, just turning it on There has been 2 stop codes that I see; ''Thread stuck in device driver'' and ''DPC Watchdog Violation'' I just bought this laptop and the only thing I've done is installed an extra 8GB of RAM. I've...