Windows 10: after upgrading to windows 10, when the computer sleeps it wakes up dark and I can not...

Discus and support after upgrading to windows 10, when the computer sleeps it wakes up dark and I can not... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after upgrading to windows 10, when the computer sleeps it wakes up dark and I can not brighten it, I have to restart the computer to brighten the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by r rooney, Aug 12, 2019.

1. r rooney Win User

after upgrading to windows 10, when the computer sleeps it wakes up dark and I can not...

after upgrading to windows 10, when the computer sleeps it wakes up dark and I can not brighten it, I have to restart the computer to brighten the screen, what can I do

:)

r rooney, Aug 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Aug 12, 2019
  3. computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Aug 12, 2019
  4. after upgrading to windows 10, when the computer sleeps it wakes up dark and I can not...

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

after upgrading to windows 10, when the computer sleeps it wakes up dark and I can not...

1. after upgrading to windows 10, when the computer sleeps it wakes up dark and I can not... - Similar Threads - upgrading computer sleeps

2. Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep: I don't know why but every time my computer goes to sleep or when I manually place it into sleep mode, it just doesn't wake up. The light on the tower turns on and fans are on, just nothing is displayed on the monitor. Every time this happens I end up having to press the...
  3. Display wakes up when computer sleeps

Display wakes up when computer sleeps: Hi When I put my Windows 10 desktop to sleep the display keeps waking up every 50 seconds or so even though the PC remain in sleep. After the display have been awake for about 10 seconds it turns off again. Any ideas? Kind regards Mikkel Mortensen...
  4. Computer won't wake up after sleep

Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  5. PIN used in waking up computer after sleep

PIN used in waking up computer after sleep: Many times I use the sleep mode when not using my computer. When I try to wake it up I get the following: Pin not available Error code 0x8009002d I can get back in using my password. When I initially start up the computer the PIN works. I usually disconnect from the...
  6. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep: Greetings, 4 days after I reinstalled my OS my PC starts to not turn on after it automatically sleeps but after I turning it, it works but when I check Event viewer it gives me critical error and it says INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Btw I've already update and reinstall my...
  7. Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?: Is there a way to have a sound play just before my computer goes to sleep, and again right after it wakes up? submitted by /u/chickenmatt5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmi956/play_sound_when_computer_sleeps_and_wakes_up/
  8. Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent): After an update a couple of weeks ago after the computer goes to sleep in it's own, it won't wake up or even turn the screen on unless I force restart it. It's very inconvenient because I've already lost some work after leaving it for a few minutes and it not turning on. Plus...
  9. Upgraded to windows 10 from windows, computer will not wake up from sleeping after upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgraded to windows 10 from windows, computer will not wake up from sleeping after upgrade: Computer was working fine, but wanted to perform this upgrade to win 10 from 7 before 2020. Everything worked great on 7, upgrade, now can't get it to come awake after sleeping. Tried many different things, none worked. Tried: 1) Troubleshoot power 2) Uninstall display...
  10. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgraded to win 10 i have no way to log on after computer wakes up from sleep