Windows 10: After upgrading Win 10 to 1803 my audio has ceased working Error 126

Discus and support After upgrading Win 10 to 1803 my audio has ceased working Error 126 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All audio was working fine prior to upgrading to Win 10 1803. The audio continued to work OK for 2-3 days and now has completely stopped. The Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RickTrupp, Dec 18, 2018.

1. RickTrupp Win User

After upgrading Win 10 to 1803 my audio has ceased working Error 126

All audio was working fine prior to upgrading to Win 10 1803. The audio continued to work OK for 2-3 days and now has completely stopped. The Windows Audio service will not start. I have tried upgrading audio drivers, uninstalling, even setting to generic driver. In the service Dependencies there are only 2 items: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder. There is no Multimedia service mentioned, nor is the service in the overall list of services.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue would be appreciated.

:)

RickTrupp, Dec 18, 2018
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

3. JoeBoyka Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everything is working *Smile After upgrading Win 10 to 1803 my audio has ceased working Error 126 :)

JoeBoyka, Dec 18, 2018
  4. After upgrading Win 10 to 1803 my audio has ceased working Error 126

Rear audio jack not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing beats audio on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your HP computer?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the audio drivers for your device.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      Speakers/ Headphones and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

After upgrading Win 10 to 1803 my audio has ceased working Error 126

1. After upgrading Win 10 to 1803 my audio has ceased working Error 126 - Similar Threads - upgrading 1803 audio

2. error 126

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 126: Hi I keep trying to launch Minecraft on my new computer but i keep receiving a pop up message that says error 126, which then crashes my game. does anyone know a way to solve this issue?...
  3. Audio After Win 10 Upgrade.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio After Win 10 Upgrade.: I recently upgraded from 8.1 and since i have, my pc will detect headphones are plugged in but no audio comes out. Ive used several pairs, Redoing drivers, Switching from realtek to high def, resetting, windows update. Nothing has worked. Any help? submitted by...
  4. After updating to Win.10 version 1903, Audio no longer works after audio has not played for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating to Win.10 version 1903, Audio no longer works after audio has not played for...: Hello, I'll try to keep this brief yet descriptive, If I've left information out then please let me know, thank you in advance. On October 27th, 2019, I updated windows to version 1903. After updating, I eventually found the audio from any software on my computer will work...
  5. camera has ceased to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera has ceased to work: having a real problem with the camera on my dell laptop, has just stopped working and cannot gat any help regarding this, have checked all sorts, running Norton, but that seems ok, cannot find cameras in setting, just seems to have disappeared, need help please as I can no...
  6. Upgrading from Win 10 1803 to 1903

Upgrading from Win 10 1803 to 1903: HI I have been trying to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 1903 from 1803. I have tried from the Windows 10 upgrade assistant and from the Media tool with no success.The process is complaining that one or more devices are not compatible or device drivers are not available and...
  7. Win 10 Upgrade 1709 to 1803

Win 10 Upgrade 1709 to 1803: I would just like to add my pennies worth regarding my frustration over the last twelve months or so trying to upgrade to what ever the latest win 10 Feature version is currently available. Firstly I must say I am now up and running with Win 10 1803, thanks to a community...
  8. Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803: Since I upgraded to 1803 this morning, both chrome and vivaldi stop being able to reach most websites quickly after signing in (the first one or two attempts work). Sites that do not use https seem to remain accessible, though at very slow speed. It also may be related to...
  9. sound icon has ceased to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound icon has ceased to work: After recent windows10 update, sound icon on task bar now ceased to work. Any answers please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/sound-icon-has-ceased-to-work/81ccb92e-b518-4477-9095-ad07cf301b63
  10. Onedrive has ceased to sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive has ceased to sync: Re-installing seemed to do the trick - many thanks! @DrAS Great! Glad that worked out for you! *Smile