Windows 10: After upgrading Windows 10 to H121, windows explorer hangs on "Working on it"

Discus and support After upgrading Windows 10 to H121, windows explorer hangs on "Working on it" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm seeing some strange behavior on only a few computers so far after upgrading them to Windows 10 21H1. When opening "This PC," Windows Explorer hangs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarcH72, Jul 26, 2021.

1. MarcH72 Win User

After upgrading Windows 10 to H121, windows explorer hangs on "Working on it"

I'm seeing some strange behavior on only a few computers so far after upgrading them to Windows 10 21H1. When opening "This PC," Windows Explorer hangs with a status of "Working on it." It seems that it's having issues bring up the network shares. I have tried the following:1. Clearing the contents of %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations2. Clearing "File Explorer History."The two above options seem to be the most suggested when searching online. Unfortunately, they do not work in this instance. Reverting to the previous version of Windows in our case, version 1909 corre

:)

MarcH72, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. After upgrading Windows 10 to H121, windows explorer hangs on "Working on it" - Similar Threads - upgrading H121 explorer

2. Windows 10 Windows Explorer Hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Windows Explorer Hangs: I've had this problem for a long time where the Windows Explorer on my machine hangs every 50 - 60 seconds. It makes it hard to type, like this description for example, or papers for school. I also notice that it causes my games to lag as well. It only hangs for a brief...
  3. Windows 10 Windows Explorer Hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Windows Explorer Hangs: I've had this problem for a long time where the Windows Explorer on my machine hangs every 50 - 60 seconds. It makes it hard to type, like this description for example, or papers for school. I also notice that it causes my games to lag as well. It only hangs for a brief...
  4. Windows 10 Windows Explorer Hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer Hanging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Hanging: For some reason windows explorer suddenly stops responding even though i am doing light work. I am able to use the apps normally that i have opened already but the taskbar becomes frozen. It restarts when i click on it and wait for a couple of seconds. Apps have also started...
  6. Windows Explorer Hanging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Hanging: For some reason windows explorer suddenly stops responding even though i am doing light work. I am able to use the apps normally that i have opened already but the taskbar becomes frozen. It restarts when i click on it and wait for a couple of seconds. Apps have also started...
  7. Windows Explorer Hanging

8. Windows Explorer hanging

Windows Explorer hanging: In Windows Explorer, when I right click a File or Folder, it Hangs and I have to close it using Task manager. Iam unable to proceed further. This happens quite frequently and sometimes get solved by Uninstalling updates. Please find a permanenet solution Windows 10...
  9. Windows Explorer Hangs

Windows Explorer Hangs: Hi, I have a laptop at home that partially hangs when you open Windows Explorer. After booting up and logging in - when you open Windows Explorer it displays 'Quick Access' (no folders) and on the right says 'Working on it' - and then it stays like this forever. I've...
  10. File Explorer shows "Working on it..." after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer shows "Working on it..." after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi, Since my free upgrade to Windows 10, I see the message "Working on it..." whenever I try to open My Computer/File Explorer. It stays this way for a few minutes and doesn't show the drives during this period. If try to click anywhere or close the window, then the...