Windows 10: After using remote desktop the local keyboard doesn't work anymore

Discus and support After using remote desktop the local keyboard doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I connect to a desktop running win 10 pro and the remote desktop all works fine but after I disconnect and try to 'normally' use the desktop I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alfatekPT, May 2, 2020.

1. alfatekPT Win User

After using remote desktop the local keyboard doesn't work anymore

I connect to a desktop running win 10 pro and the remote desktop all works fine but after I disconnect and try to 'normally' use the desktop I noticed the local keyboard just doesn't work.

It requires me to disconnect it and plug it in again into the USB port for it to work again. Mouse is in another USB port and is still working.

As you can imagine this is annoying as hell. The machine I'm usually connecting from is a win 7 pro laptop.

What can I do to fix this?

:)

alfatekPT, May 2, 2020

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

After using remote desktop the local keyboard doesn't work anymore [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, May 2, 2020
  3. keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, May 2, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. After using remote desktop the local keyboard doesn't work anymore - Similar Threads - using remote desktop

2. Chinese Keyboard suddenly doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese Keyboard suddenly doesn't work anymore: I use a Chinese keyboard daily and suddenly it stopped working yesterday. I followed so many instructions to repair this problem which include the:- Disable Microsoft IME which appears in Task Manager and causes high CPU- Touch keyboard in services set to manual it was...
  3. Chinese Keyboard suddenly doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chinese Keyboard suddenly doesn't work anymore: I use a Chinese keyboard daily and suddenly it stopped working yesterday. I followed so many instructions to repair this problem which include the:- Disable Microsoft IME which appears in Task Manager and causes high CPU- Touch keyboard in services set to manual it was...
  4. Chinese Keyboard suddenly doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Remote Desktop: Only local account works?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop: Only local account works?: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently tried to use remote desktop to access my home computer from my work laptop. My work computer is in a build of Windows 10 while my home laptop is running Windows 11. However, I was unable to connect because it kept telling me that my...
  6. Remote Desktop: Only local account works?

Remote Desktop: Only local account works?: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently tried to use remote desktop to access my home computer from my work laptop. My work computer is in a build of Windows 10 while my home laptop is running Windows 11. However, I was unable to connect because it kept telling me that my...
  7. Wifi doesn't work anymore after using mbr2gpt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi doesn't work anymore after using mbr2gpt: It's gone! WiFi doesn't work anymore! After using MBR2GPT, it just won't work anymore. A log from a game says that NameResolutionFailure shows up when checking from updates. System: Asus K52F Intel i3 370M Intel iGPU 500GB SSD 161384
  8. Wifi doesn't work anymore after using mbr2gpt

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi doesn't work anymore after using mbr2gpt: It's gone! WiFi doesn't work anymore! After using MBR2GPT, it just won't work anymore. A log from a game says that NameResolutionFailure shows up when checking from updates. System: Asus K52F Intel i3 370M Intel iGPU 500GB SSD 161384
  9. "Open With" then "Use by Default" Doesn't work anymore?

"Open With" then "Use by Default" Doesn't work anymore?: So maybe i stopped updating windows when i Heard that MS was Deleting our files. Then some time later i found out that "Use By Default" function isn't setting the Application to use for opening a certain file. Like this : [img] So i thought something probably went...
  10. Cant Remote Desktop Anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant Remote Desktop Anymore: Hi, My home Windows 10 laptop has recently updated and I can now no longer Remote Desktop to my windows 10 desktop based in my work office. Before, I had to enter the microsoft username that was associated with my work desktop and it would allow me to connect from home...