Windows 10: After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10

Discus and support After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After I used the USB flash drive to reinstall the Windows 10, my startup disk became the disk that I choose when I use the flash drive which was D',... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by badguy mi, Apr 9, 2019.

1. badguy mi Win User

After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10

After I used the USB flash drive to reinstall the Windows 10, my startup disk became the disk that I choose when I use the flash drive which was D', the previous startup disk was SSD and now become E'. So how can I set the SSD as the startup disk?

:)

badguy mi, Apr 9, 2019
  2. regism Win User

How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

Thanks Maria:

I made a system image on a USB flash drive using the tools available in Windows 10. I want to make this image bootable so that I can reinstall it on my computer from the same USB flash drive. Can I do this using the method you have suggested?

If not, can you or anyone else tell me how to do this?

Thanks again,

Regis

regism, Apr 9, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 9, 2019
  4. After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10

Reinstall Windows 10 using a USB Flash Drive

Hi Samuel,

There are several ways to reinstall Windows 10 on your computer. However, if you replaced your motherboard,
    even with the same brand and model, it may no longer be activated. With this, you need to
    run the Activation troubleshooter after reinstalling Windows 10.

Before you run the troubleshooter, we suggest downloading the Windows 10 media creation tool by clicking the
    Download tool now button in this
    article
    . You can find the steps on how to create the Windows 10 installation media using a
    USB flash drive.

After the installation, follow the steps in this
    article
    to activate your Windows 10.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10

1. After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - using USB Flash

2. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?: In preparation for selling or giving away an old 15" HP Notebook I followed the steps at this link to perform a factory reset of Windows 10 Home.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDxV2gium5YIt's a decent video about how to perform a factory reset.Earlier I tried a tried a...
  3. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?: In preparation for selling or giving away an old 15" HP Notebook I followed the steps at this link to perform a factory reset of Windows 10 Home.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDxV2gium5YIt's a decent video about how to perform a factory reset.Earlier I tried a tried a...
  4. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installing Windows 10 Using a USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 Using a USB Flash Drive: Upon booting the computer from my usb flash drive which has the windows 10 20H2 ISO using Rufus, I am met with a screen which has a white line on the top left corner of my screen. After blinking for a few seconds, the Windows Logo shows for a split second and then the system...
  6. Cannot use readyboost on a USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use readyboost on a USB Flash Drive: I'm on a Windows 10 PC. I realized that I use quite a bit of my memory, so I decided to use a USB flash drive as a supplement. All the tutorials I see want me to use something in Windows called ReadyBoost. I plug in four different flash drives and ReadyBoost does not show in...
  7. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive

Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive: Hi, I used the creation tool to make the USB successfully. I set the Laptop to boot from USB. The process took approximately 8 hours and shut down at the end of it. I did not see if there was any message at completion My question; Should I now remove the USB and try to...
  8. USB flash drive not detected after unplugging on Windows 10

USB flash drive not detected after unplugging on Windows 10: I have a Sony USB flash drive which I had connected to my computer with Windows 10. It was taking too long to copy files onto it. So I cancelled it and decided to eject it. When I selected safely remove, it said the device was in use. I still removed it as all windows were...
  9. Windows 10 USB Flash Drive

Windows 10 USB Flash Drive: What should I do if I accidentally wipe my MCT created USB flash drive containing the installation files with diskpart clean command and I don't have another PC handy to redownload the MCT? Do I need to call a repair shop? 130937
  10. Can notnfind USB flash drive after using recovery drive (a flash drive) created one month...

Can notnfind USB flash drive after using recovery drive (a flash drive) created one month...: I use a recovery drive (a flash drive) which I created one month ago to re-install Windows 10 on my laptop. After new Windows 10 is installed, I can not find my ISB flash drive on any of three USB ports on the laptop but there is an error message shown on screen "something is...