Windows 10: After VM's - Docker and Containerisations

Discus and support After VM's - Docker and Containerisations in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; This looks interesting instead of running full blown VM's you just "Containerize" your application (whatever it is and on whatever platform) and run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Dec 25, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

After VM's - Docker and Containerisations

This looks interesting

instead of running full blown VM's you just "Containerize" your application (whatever it is and on whatever platform) and run it within the Docker application.

Docker

I haven't understood it much so far but it looks very intriguing. Perhaps VMWARE and ORACLE should be getting worried if this stuff works. I believe even Ms is getting into the act with the AZURE cloud servers.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 25, 2014

2. High CPU utilisation after running a Hyper-V VM (insider build 14965, 14967, 14971)

On Windows 10 Pro insider build 14971.1000, after starting a Hyper-V VM the System process consumes and entire CPU, slowing down the system. Some other users also reported this on 14965 and
    14967 builds (Running Docker For Windows causes High System CPU utilization · Issue #220 · docker/for-win).

Looking at the process with Process Explorer It looks like a single thread spinning on:

ntoskrnl.exe!RtlAvlInsertNodeEx+0x20b70

Another user reported spinning on (on a
    14967 build):

ntoskrnl.exe!RtlClearBitsEx+0x1fa0

Is there a workaround/fix?

Rolf Neugebauer, Dec 25, 2014
  3. Roel83 Win User
    Frequent DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL BSOD

Thanks so much for taking the time to have a look at this. vpnkit.exe is part of Docker. So I think it's fair to assume that is the cause of the issue. I am now trying out running a container with a different configuration in Docker and
    see if the issue persists. I'll also ask the Docker forums if other people have similar issues.

Again, thanks for helping out.

Roel83, Dec 25, 2014
  4. adamf Win User

No, not interesting. There are plenty of ways to run something on something-else using some abstraction layer.

Java for example. Or Android. Or IBM i.

adamf, Dec 25, 2014
  5. Mystere Win User
    Docker and similar is not virtualization so much as sandboxing. It doesn't get rid of the underlying kernel, but does allow you to sandbox the libraries and other frameworks so that you can have them run in their own container for security, as well as isolation purposes. So, for example, you could run multiple versions of Internet Explorer in separate containers, but you couldn't run a Linux application because that would require a Linux kernel.

The idea is that you can sort of create a "disk" image of all the components necessary for an application to run, including all of its configuration, and it just runs in it's container. You don't need to install it, and you don't need to worry about it conflicting with other apps (or users).

It's not going to replace virtualization, which is necessary to manage resources, like CPU's and memory.. but it can replace a lot of the things that people currently use Virtualization for, but don't really have to.. when all they really need is isolation.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After VM's - Docker and Containerisations - Similar Threads - VM's Docker Containerisations

2. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop: After installing Docker Desktop the following error appeared. I have deleted this application. Now, some time after the system starts, I get a blue screen CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Dumps are not created because the blue screen freezes completely. help me please....
  3. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop: After installing Docker Desktop the following error appeared. I have deleted this application. Now, some time after the system starts, I get a blue screen CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Dumps are not created because the blue screen freezes completely. help me please....
  4. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WSL stopped working after uninstall Docker Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL stopped working after uninstall Docker Desktop: Hi,I'm usingI'd started get some fails on launching Docker Desktop a couple days ago. And, obviously, uninstall it and not only the one. But after that starts my "saga".One of the issues that I had, already is resolved with help of assistance described here. Now I need to...
  6. WSL stopped working after uninstall Docker Desktop

WSL stopped working after uninstall Docker Desktop: Hi,I'm usingI'd started get some fails on launching Docker Desktop a couple days ago. And, obviously, uninstall it and not only the one. But after that starts my "saga".One of the issues that I had, already is resolved with help of assistance described here. Now I need to...
  7. Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows

Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows: I installed docker and wsl And Ubuntu distro on it, after that it freezed and when i restart everything is super slow.I can only use cmd Does anybody knows what to do, im stuuuucked ......
  8. Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows

Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows: I installed docker and wsl And Ubuntu distro on it, after that it freezed and when i restart everything is super slow.I can only use cmd Does anybody knows what to do, im stuuuucked ......
  9. Bitlocker & Docker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker & Docker: Hello, Can Microsoft does any steps to run the Docker on Windows with enabled bitlocker. The problem is that bitlocker is blocking switching the containers. As most of us working in companies with strict security policy, we can just disable the bitlocker. Since there is some...
  10. docker

in Windows 10 Customization
    docker: how to remove docker from windows 10 completely I cannot able to start virtual box and I didn't seen the warning of docker that disable virtual box and I installed docker so how to remove docker completely and remove dependencies and restore default settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vpnkit.exe for Windows