Windows 10: After W10 1903 upgrade, Hyper-V save function stopped working: One or more arguments are...

Discus and support After W10 1903 upgrade, Hyper-V save function stopped working: One or more arguments are... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a notebook running Windows 10 Pro where I use the Hyper-V environment to run a few Virtual Machines, all of them with W10 Pro licences as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jopires0, Sep 7, 2019.

1. jopires0 Win User

After W10 1903 upgrade, Hyper-V save function stopped working: One or more arguments are...

Hello, I have a notebook running Windows 10 Pro where I use the Hyper-V environment to run a few Virtual Machines, all of them with W10 Pro licences as well. A couple of months ago I started upgrading my VMs to W10 1903 version. Everything ran pretty fine. Then I decided to upgrade the host W10 Pro to 1903 version. Then I started having serious problems with my Hyper-V environment.

The worst problem was related to VMs consuming high CPU when the Remote Desktop Connection is closed (while the VM is still running). I could work around that problem applying the fix described in this article:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwmexe-high-cpu-one-core-on-target-system-after/dbce0938-60c5-4051-81ef-468e51d743ab?tm=1567350319905

The second problem is related to Save function in Hyper-V. Since I upgraded the host environment to 1903, I get the error message below in all VMs when I try to execute the Save function (equivalent to Windows hybernate).

Does anybody have similar problem and could identify how to fix it?

Thanks

After W10 1903 upgrade, Hyper-V save function stopped working: One or more arguments are... 1c1b067a-d050-43e7-834b-3e559bf0526f?upload=true.jpg

:)

jopires0, Sep 7, 2019
  2. ScottS21 Win User

Hyper-V machine freezes on start after 1903 update

Since updating OS to version 1903, my Hyper-V machines freeze at start for about 20 seconds, then re-open login page, then it boots fine and all is good.

I've updated graphics drivers, gone through several Windows-based scans, i.e. sfc /scannow, etc.

I've also tried...

Stopped/restarted Container service

Disabling/re-enabling Hyper-V

Any suggestions?

My build:

i7-8700

32GB RAM

Win 10 Pro 1903

ScottS21, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Rex99ny Win User

After W10 1903 upgrade, Hyper-V save function stopped working: One or more arguments are...

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. After W10 1903 upgrade, Hyper-V save function stopped working: One or more arguments are... - Similar Threads - W10 1903 upgrade

2. Hyper-V after upgrade to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hyper-V after upgrade to 2004: HI all! I did the upgrade to 2004 last night and when I tried to launch one of my VM's, It came back with the error "the virtual machine is using processor specific features not supported on physical computer". The VM in question was upgraded to 2004 prior to my desktop that...
  3. Hyper-V stops working after bios update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-V stops working after bios update: Before I ask the question, here's my hardware: Intel Core i7-9700k CPU @ 3.60GHZ overclocked to 4.6GHZ 32.0GB Ram 31.9 usable Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Windows 10 Home Insider Build#19628 Hyper-V was working fine until around a week ago when not only did it break vms, it...
  4. Hyper-v missing after switching to W10 PRO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-v missing after switching to W10 PRO: Hello all Recently I purchased a activation key and i switch from HOME to PRO edition because I want to use Docker. All completed fine version is PRO but when i go to turn Hyper-v futures i marked the sections and then after the computer is restarted and go back to...
  5. Excel macro stopped working after upgrading to v.1903

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel macro stopped working after upgrading to v.1903: I hate this kinda stuff. My desktop was working fine. So I gave in and installed the update v.1903 and now all I have to do is fix problems *Sad (Teaches you something about those updates, doesn't it?) So I have this Excel file that has my own signed macros in it. It used to...
  6. Excel macro stopped working after upgrading to v.1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel macro stopped working after upgrading to v.1903: I hate this kinda stuff. My desktop was working fine. So I gave in and installed the update v.1903 and now all I have to do is fix problems *Sad (Teaches you something about those updates, doesn't it?) So I have this Excel file that has my own signed macros in it. It used to...
  7. Start menu stops working even more often after upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu stops working even more often after upgrading to 1903: Hi, Before upgrading to Windows 1903 the start menu sporadically stopped working. I would click on Start and got presented with unclickable blank icons. The only way to restore normality was to restart Windows Explorer. This happened maybe once or twice a week. After...
  8. hyper V machine's stopped working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    hyper V machine's stopped working: My Windows 10 virtual machines worked fine. But today when I attempt to start the machines I get the error '(machine name)' failed to start. and '(machine name)' could not initialize. The same thing happens when I attempt to create a new virtual machine. Any thoughts on this...
  9. HYPER-V won't install properly on W10 HOST

HYPER-V won't install properly on W10 HOST: Hi there I can't install HYPER-V properly on a W10 HOST -- gets message about something in BIOS not enabled. Installs fine on W8.1 . On W10 the boxes are greyed out. Cheers jimbo 2284
  10. Quirk Logging in to a Hyper-v W10 vm

Quirk Logging in to a Hyper-v W10 vm: tiptoed into hyper-v before but this lasted build I find myself having to enter the guest login password twice. Windows guest password is entered on a seaside background it then switches to a mountainscape background asking for the password again. Any ideas how I can fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem with connecting to remote machine after updates 1903

2. windows 10 1903 hyper-v guest restart