Windows 10: After W10 Update: Cannot get to log in screen after sleep/hibernate

Discus and support After W10 Update: Cannot get to log in screen after sleep/hibernate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows Pro and always set to defer updates. I recived a update last week and I think it was the anniversary update (pretty sure,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Balkrish999, Jan 28, 2017.

1. After W10 Update: Cannot get to log in screen after sleep/hibernate

Hello,

I have Windows Pro and always set to defer updates.

I recived a update last week and I think it was the anniversary update (pretty sure, as now my PC is called W10 Enterprise), and the problem is:

After sleep/hibernate, I can not to see log-in screen (where you type password) It just freezes, before when I had W10 Pro, it was instant.

I have to restart my PC fully, every single time

Any advice or help. Thank you

:)

Balkrish999, Jan 28, 2017

2. windows 10 doesn't wake up after hibernation

Hi all,

I've searched the forum for an hour today before posting and, although W10 seems to have a lot of problems relating to sleep/hibernation, I didn't find this particular issue.

The sleep function works OK. I have a problem with hibernation. When I put my Medion E7226T into hibernation, the proces goes on OK and the laptop turns off. When I turn it back again, the screen turns on for a while and the laptop goes instantly off the
    moment W10 starts loading. No BSOD/working fans/etc. When turned on again, the system loads a new session and works OK.

I never experienced this on W8.1.

Once I decided to use system restore and went back to a fresh system. Then hibernation worked - until some point. I think the cause of the problem could be some software. Hibernation still worked fine after I installed all the required drivers after using
    system restore.

Perhaps this could be connected with the issue that W10 doesn't seem to recognise the existence of my pagefile (I get such warning when trying to change the options related to memory dump after crash), although I set it to 4096-8192MB.

The worst thing happens when the battery goes below 6%, as I cannot use hibernation and the sleep option makes the laptop go into a sleep-wake up loop.

Fast startup is disabled.

I think all my drivers are up-to-date.

No 'yellow' hardware in the manager.

Please help.

Jakub Wardęga, Jan 28, 2017
  3. hibernation loop

please help my hp 2000 is stuck in an endless loop of sleep/hibernation this started yesterday after hibernating it. at first, i wasn't able to turn it on as it just showed a dim power led till i removed and re inserted the battery it loads to my desktop
    but after booting up it goes into hibernation making me press the power button which takes me straight to my signup screen but in less that a minute it goes into this hibernation/sleep cycle. at first i thought it was the hard drive, but after removing it
    and entering bios, the screen goes on and off continuously tried removing and reinserting the ram still no luck any ideas as i cannot get a new hard pc at this point. m running windows 10 creators fall update btw. with all drivers updated.

charliebrown5, Jan 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

After W10 Update: Cannot get to log in screen after sleep/hibernate

Brink, Jan 28, 2017
  5. Thanks for the reply.

But the question is - When I had W10 Pro - This was NEVER the issue, and I could always sign in super quick.

As I really dont want to turn Fast Shutdown off, unless its the last solution.

Thanks

Balkrish999, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

After W10 Update: Cannot get to log in screen after sleep/hibernate

1. After W10 Update: Cannot get to log in screen after sleep/hibernate - Similar Threads - W10 Update Cannot

2. Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate: I have the same problem as this in the form: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/842fe617-17a5-4336-8708-8ca4c6c2ce7fThe solution didn't work on my laptop. I tried every common solutions like sfc scan, updating...
  3. Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate: I have the same problem as this in the form: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/842fe617-17a5-4336-8708-8ca4c6c2ce7fThe solution didn't work on my laptop. I tried every common solutions like sfc scan, updating...
  4. After 2004 update, bluetooth doesnt work after sleeping/hibernate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 2004 update, bluetooth doesnt work after sleeping/hibernate: Hi! The title says it all. After the june 2004 update, everytime my notebook goes to sleep or hibernate when I turn it on again I can't connect any bluetooth devices. I ask to "connect" and stays for a while in "connecting" and then it shows "this didn't work. check if the...
  5. HP Laptop Hibernates after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Hibernates after sleep: I have set my HP 250 G7 to sleep after 30 minutes when plugged in but after a couple of hours it switches to hibernate. I am not sure when this started happening eg after a BIOS update or Windows update to 1909 but it never used to do this it would remain in sleep mode and I...
  6. cannot resume after hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot resume after hibernation: Hello, I have the problem that my computer apparently does not resume after hibernation; instead I get the message in my Event Viewer, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost...
  7. Won't Hibernation after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Won't Hibernation after Sleep: My laptop will wake up in 30minutes after sleep, which is supposed to go into hibernation, instead, it just stay awake. My power setting is: sleep after - 15min hybrid sleep - off hibernation after - 30min wakeup timer - off Also, when I see event, there is this:...
  8. cannot get full screen after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot get full screen after update: Every time I get a Windows update the screen size shrinks and fills only part of the screen. I have tried many fixes but cannot get full screen...
  9. Sleeping instead of hibernating after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleeping instead of hibernating after Creators Update: With normal version of Windows 10, when I pressed hibernate my laptop was hibernating properly. After installing the Creators Update, I enabled hibernation from command line. But when I press hibernate at start menu, laptop is going into sleep mode. Although there is a...
  10. Cannot log-in after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot log-in after update.: Just turned on my HTPC and it has updated to a more recent build, however, it will not accept my password. I have reset my password at account.live.com/password/reset but to no avail. I had a similar problem with my laptop. A password reset online done the trick, but not...