Windows 10: after W10 update, can't get internet not wi-fi, not e'net cable.

Discus and support after W10 update, can't get internet not wi-fi, not e'net cable. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Msg: windows could not automatically detect network proxy settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FWM3, Dec 19, 2020.

1. FWM3 Win User

after W10 update, can't get internet not wi-fi, not e'net cable.

Msg: windows could not automatically detect network proxy settings

:)

2. Western Digital Unveils the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender

WD, a subsidiary of Western Digital, and a world leader in external storage and solutions for today's connected life, today unveils its My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender to expand wireless home networks into out-of-reach areas of the home.

Following the introduction of its first line of wireless home networking products, the acclaimed My Net family of HD dual-band routers, the selectable dual-band My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender provides faster, stronger and more reliable wireless network coverage to computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, media players, smart TVs and other Wi-Fi connected devices that suffer from a weak Wi-Fi signal within the home.

after W10 update, can't get internet not wi-fi, not e'net cable. wd_my_net_range_extender_01_thm.jpg

"Today's home is filled with multiple Wi-Fi connected devices simultaneously streaming movies, music and TV shows on services such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, VUDU and others," explains Scott Vouri, general manager for WD's connected life solutions group. "The My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender provides faster speeds at greater distances, enabling HD streaming to the outermost areas of the home."

My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender's power comes from its 3x3 multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) antenna array design, versus the 2x2 design used by most competitive products. This design enables customers to significantly extend the Wi-Fi signal from their existing routers or gateways, letting them enjoy HD streaming movies, online gaming and video calls in remote areas of the home with the fastest wireless-N speeds possible. The range extender also features a Gigabit Ethernet port, providing a high-speed Internet connection for distant, wired-only entertainment devices.

Setup of the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is a simple two step process, with no installation CD or software needed. Customers can use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect the range extender to their existing home network with a push of a button. Then they can use the convenient Wi-Fi signal strength indicator lights on the front of the range extender to find the optimal signal-boosting location in their home. Once all the indicator lights are lit, the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is in the best location to provide maximum performance. The My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is compatible with all Wi-Fi certified routers and gateways, as well as all wireless Wi-Fi standards, from 802.11a to 802.11ac.

Availability and Pricing
    My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is available now at select U.S. retailers and online at wdstore.com. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $89.99 USD.

Cristian_25H, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

1. after W10 update, can't get internet not wi-fi, not e'net cable. - Similar Threads - W10 update can't

2. No internet, no wi-fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet, no wi-fi: I love my Toshiba 3 in 1 laptop/notebook. Bought used 5-7 years ago. Everything worked "perfectly". System type: 64-bit operating, x64-based processor. Edition: Windows 10 Home, Version: 21H1, Installed 10/19/2021.PROBLEM:While on the web downloading an antivirus program, a...
  3. No internet, no wi-fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet, no wi-fi: I love my Toshiba 3 in 1 laptop/notebook. Bought used 5-7 years ago. Everything worked "perfectly". System type: 64-bit operating, x64-based processor. Edition: Windows 10 Home, Version: 21H1, Installed 10/19/2021.PROBLEM:While on the web downloading an antivirus program, a...
  4. No internet, no wi-fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wi-Fi and Internet

Wi-Fi and Internet: I am having a problem with my laptop staying connected to the Internet. I can have it connected but if I leave long enough for it to go to sleep I loose the internet. It is still connected to the Wi-Fi though. I have to delete my wireless adaptor and reinstall to get the...
  6. Windows always show no internet, despite the Wi-Fi or Cable are connected.

Windows always show no internet, despite the Wi-Fi or Cable are connected.: Windows always show status no internet, despite the Wi-Fi or Cable are connected. However, you are able to go all website through the internet browser....
  7. Internet, WI FI

Internet, WI FI: My whole identity has been stolen, there is hackers on my fon right now this one, ive just noticed lately though that mine is shutting off to and going to public internet, im so lost, ive turned some things in but they dont give u enuff space to tell it all or i know i would...
  8. Wi Fi Internet

Wi Fi Internet: Hi, there I can't connect my friend's laptop to my wifi network. when I open to show wi-fi networks I can see other networks but not mine. He can see my network and connect his phone without a problem. Help, please....
  9. No wi-fi/ethernet cable connection

No wi-fi/ethernet cable connection: Hello, since around 2PM today May, 2nd I have been unable to connect to my home wi-fi or directly use the ethernet cable it has in order to access the internet on my laptop using my work laptop to write this. My laptop is an ASUS TUF gaming fx705DU with Windows 10 Pro, if...
  10. Can't get wi-fi

Can't get wi-fi: Kids sent Amazone Firestick for Christmas. Can't get it to recognize our wi-fi. Wi-fi setting on computer "says "no wi-fi networks found". Told it Dish Network. No help. Button for wi-fi shows on. I-phone doesn't find wi-fi either. What's wrong....