Windows 10: after W10 update what happens during the restart process

Discus and support after W10 update what happens during the restart process in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was always curious about what happens during the restart process after a W10 update is installed. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by arejfour, Oct 2, 2020.

1. arejfour Win User

after W10 update what happens during the restart process

I was always curious about what happens during the restart process after a W10 update is installed. Thanks

:)

arejfour, Oct 2, 2020
  2. arejfour Win User

what happens when the computer restarts after a W10 update?

Just a curiosity question. What happens during a restart after a W10 update and what would happen if the power would go out during a update restart? Thanks

arejfour, Oct 2, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond after W10 update what happens during the restart process :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 2, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. after W10 update what happens during the restart process - Similar Threads - W10 update happens

2. What happens if your PC Restarts/Shuts down during windows security update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens if your PC Restarts/Shuts down during windows security update?: My power cut off and when i turned my pc on again it says “undoing changes that happened to your computer” roughly translated from greek to english...
  3. What happens if your PC Restarts/Shuts down during windows security update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens if your PC Restarts/Shuts down during windows security update?: My power cut off and when i turned my pc on again it says “undoing changes that happened to your computer” roughly translated from greek to english...
  4. What happens if your PC Restarts/Shuts down during windows security update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Got some w10 updates today, What happened?

in Browsers and Email
    Got some w10 updates today, What happened?: Hi, W10 laptop was running fine, then I had to accept updates. Then: 1] Tor Browser worked for weeks, w/no problems. See uploaded image below. 2] Tor had to be removed manually, Revo nor W10 uninstall could not find it. 3] Downloaded Tor, would not install. Got same msg...
  6. what happens when the computer restarts after a W10 update?

what happens when the computer restarts after a W10 update?: Just a curiosity question. What happens during a restart after a W10 update and what would happen if the power would go out during a update restart? Thanks...
  7. What happens if you restart your pc during a windows reinstallation?

What happens if you restart your pc during a windows reinstallation?: I couldn't get task scheduler to start and everything there is to try on the internet i did but nothing worked, so I found out that I had to completely reinstall windows. While doing this I got an error message that said I had to restart the computer by pressing ok. So I did...
  8. PC fails to restart during update process

PC fails to restart during update process: Hi, I am trying to update my windows 10 to version 1903. During the update, my PC is supposed to restart several times during the process, however for some reason when it begins to restart, it powers down but does not power back on. My screen just stays black but I can see...
  9. What happens to w10 updates that fail to install

What happens to w10 updates that fail to install: My w10-64 bit Update history is showing many updates with "failed to install", even in many attempts. Other updates, after that, at a later date are appearing as "successfully installed". Update check is showing "UP to date", meaning, no update is pending. So, I am...
  10. W10 Won't Restart After Update

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Won't Restart After Update: My Gateway desktop running W10 updated a few days ago and I believe, restarted on its own. We used it without problem, for several days. This afternoon, I saw I had notifications and one said the computer needed to be restarted. Not having anything pressing at the moment, I...