Windows 10: After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

Discus and support After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After waking from sleep, my Lenovo Carbon X1 (6th gen) often shows failed wifi connection or similar in the status. I need to manually disconnect it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeneryH, Feb 1, 2019.

1. HeneryH Win User

After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

After waking from sleep, my Lenovo Carbon X1 (6th gen) often shows failed wifi connection or similar in the status. I need to manually disconnect it then reconnect and it will work again. Even if I click the 'reconnect automatically' setting or whatever it is called it won't work.

Preliminary research seems to show that changing the power setting for the WiFi adapter via either

A) device mgr - wifi network adapter - properties - power settings tab or

B) using the power setting control panel then going to advanced and looking for the wifi adapter there

will fix it.

... but... I don't have either of those tabs available to me.

Some have said that laptops with AOAC (always on always connected) won't show these options.

How can I get my wifi to reconnect automatically when waking from sleep?

:)

HeneryH, Feb 1, 2019

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Feb 1, 2019
  3. when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi

when waking my laptop from sleep, will not reconnect to wifi, Lenova Yoga.

ThomasCooler, Feb 1, 2019
  4. After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

1. After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect - Similar Threads - wake sleep wifi

2. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  3. Windows 11 Wifi is taking long time to reconnect after waking from sleep or restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Wifi is taking long time to reconnect after waking from sleep or restarting: When I had Windows 10 the wifi used to connect very quickly however since the update to Windows 11 I have had multiple errors. One of it was around the reconnection to Wifi has become too slow. I have to do it manually since it takes around 5 - 10 mins after waking from sleep...
  4. Windows 11 Wifi is taking long time to reconnect after waking from sleep or restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Wifi is taking long time to reconnect after waking from sleep or restarting: When I had Windows 10 the wifi used to connect very quickly however since the update to Windows 11 I have had multiple errors. One of it was around the reconnection to Wifi has become too slow. I have to do it manually since it takes around 5 - 10 mins after waking from sleep...
  5. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  6. Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode: Hi All, every time i bring my computer out of sleep mode it does not reconnect to the wifi in my home. I have to manually open the wifi settings and press the connect button. I have checked the tab that says 'connect automatically' and it makes no difference. Does anyone else...
  7. PC Won't Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't Wake from Sleep: Hiya, For the last few months at least (can't remember when it started), after putting my computer to sleep, or it happening by itself, it doesn't wake up again. When asleep, the light flashes as it should, but when I press the power button/keyboard, the fans spin up to...
  8. Problems reconnecting Ethernet after waking from PC sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems reconnecting Ethernet after waking from PC sleep: In mid-March, I bought a new custom-built desktop computer running Windows 10 that includes a motherboard with a RealTek PCIe GBE family network controller, which worked perfectly until several days ago. A couple of weeks back, I subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud and...
  9. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834
  10. slow Internet reconnect after Win10 wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow Internet reconnect after Win10 wakes from sleep: My new Asus Win10 machine with a solid-state hard drive wakes up from sleep refreshingly quickly -- just a couple of seconds. But it takes between 15 and 40 seconds before the Internet connection is re-established. Once the connection is re-established, it works fine. But...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo x1 carbon not connecting to wifi on wake

2. wlan reconnect after sleep

3. windows 1903 auto sign after wake

4. windows 10 home wifi reconnect after sleep,
  5. lenovo x1 carbon loses wifi after sleep windows 1903,
  6. computer wont reconnect to network after sleep,
  7. carbon x1 wifi wont reconnect,
  8. PC wont reconnect to the WIFI after going sleep