Windows 10: After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Discus and support After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My power options are set to NEVER NEVER NEVER... but when I wake my computer from sleep the Monitor will shut off after 2 or 3 minutes and I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ozgottt, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Ozgottt Win User

After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity

My power options are set to NEVER NEVER NEVER... but when I wake my computer from sleep the Monitor will shut off after 2 or 3 minutes and I have to log in from screen lock to continue reading or working. Its very annoying... I eventually just reboot the system and then everything is fine again... I don't want to do a complete boot up every single morning...

What's the point of Sleeping if I have to reboot the system everytime I wake my computer?

:)

Ozgottt, Jan 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 puts computer to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity

Windows 10 shuts down the display and puts my computer to sleep after just a few minutes (2 to 3) of inactivity. I have the power and sleep settings on 1 hour for both battery and plugged in. Any suggestions to keep the computer running?

DanBaechle, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jan 29, 2019
  4. After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

I'm having the same problem. When I first got my laptop (ASUS n750jv) it had Windows 8, and I immediately upgraded to Windows 8.1. I had windows 8.1 with no problems, but ever since upgrading to Windows 10, the computer will go to sleep after 2 minutes. This doesn't always happen though. Usually after a reboot, it is fine. Then eventually if it's fallen asleep and I wake it up, it will always go back to sleep after 2 minutes of being idle. I've checked every setting I know of (system power and sleep settings, every power plan listed, even the advacned power settings) , I've updated my bios to the latest version, I've updated my graphics card drivers and even mouse drivers.
    It seems to be something with waking the computer with the mouse (a USB mouse).
    Waking it by pushing the power button doesn't seem to result in the same problem (at least of the computer going to sleep after 2 minutes of idle).
    But I don't find that to be a solution, as it shouldn't matter how you wake the machine.

CaesarMagnus, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity

1. After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity - Similar Threads - waking Sleep Monitor

2. Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout: Hoping someone can help me here as I'm running out of ideas. I am running Windows 10 21H1 and having an issue with monitors not going to 'sleep' after the inactivity timeout. This occurred on my previous mainboard and CPU and continued after I replaced them recently. I have...
  3. Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout: Hoping someone can help me here as I'm running out of ideas. I am running Windows 10 21H1 and having an issue with monitors not going to 'sleep' after the inactivity timeout. This occurred on my previous mainboard and CPU and continued after I replaced them recently. I have...
  4. computer shuts off after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer shuts off after 2 minutes: My computer goes off after 2 minutes , every thing is set to never. Talked with windows and microsoft and they said it needed a new driver and they were helping me to find the new driver but it wasn't were they directed and me while I was looking for the driver the computer...
  5. Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ipenama [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gn5aas/laptop_shuts_off_after_waking_from_sleep/
  6. Monitor Wakes after sleep

Monitor Wakes after sleep: I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off I thought it might be a MOBO...
  7. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 2 minutes after the PC wakes from sleep

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 2 minutes after the PC wakes from sleep: Hello, I consistently get a BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE exactly 2 minutes after the PC wakes from sleep. Disabling sleep is not an option. Using WinDbg on C:\Windows\MEMORY 031020 614pm.DMP: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18362.1 AMD64 Copyright c...
  8. laptop hard drive turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity with external monitor, all times...

laptop hard drive turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity with external monitor, all times...: Hi, my laptop keeps going to sleep mode after only 2 minutes of inactivity when connected to an external monitor. I have Windows 10 Home, and in my power and sleep settings all of the turn off times are set to 30 minutes, same as in the advanced power settings. Also, it makes...
  9. Lenovo Z710 Laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 minutes of inactivity

Lenovo Z710 Laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 minutes of inactivity: After upgrading my laptop from Windows 8.1 to 10 last week. My laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 mins of inactivity. Yes, it's sleep, not just turning the monitor off. I already set my power management setting to "never" turn off screen or sleep. If I encountered this...
  10. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restarts automatically after 2 minutes of inactivity

2. monitor shuts down after two minutes