Windows 10: After Win 10 2004 update File Explorer does not work

Discus and support After Win 10 2004 update File Explorer does not work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As per the title, File Explorer does not work AT ALL after the most recent update. I've updated Windows on July 8. The same day immediately after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/amoonshapedsnooker, Jul 10, 2020.

1. After Win 10 2004 update File Explorer does not work

As per the title, File Explorer does not work AT ALL after the most recent update.

I've updated Windows on July 8. The same day immediately after the update File Explorer was working very poorly. The search was spotty, and the folder did not show fhe results (with changes to the results according to the text I entered, as was in the previous version). I only had a kind of limited dropdown list of some results.

On Wednesday I left the PC running. Today the problem is even worse, I can't even access File Explorer. I'm clicking on the search box but nothing is happening.

Tried Wibdows troubleshooting and at first it said there was a problem with the File Explorer, and said it's fixed, but afterwards nothing happened, nit even after I restarted the PC.

submitted by /u/amoonshapedsnooker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/amoonshapedsnooker, Jul 10, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jul 10, 2020
  3. reklaw#XD Win User
    Win 10 File explorer search right click after file search not working

After installing Win 10 version 1703 File search has developed a problem.

After searching for a file with File Explorer the right click function is missing. Also, the ribbon button "Open file location" does not work and the Detail view "location" column is empty.

Right click works ok in straight File Explorer (not Search results).

I have tried sfc /scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth with no effect.

Can anyone suggest a solution, or is this a known bug in version 1703 "to be fixed later"?

Thanks for any constructive help.

reklaw#XD, Jul 10, 2020
  4. After Win 10 2004 update File Explorer does not work

Will Microsoft Money 2004 work on Windows 10

My Microsoft Money 2004 Premium failed to run.
    It instructed me to reinstall Internet Explorer 6.
    Problem---Windows 10 does not allow Internet Explorer 6 to install.
    Solution for me was---run the latest Windows 10 updates.
    After the updates were installed Money 2004 worked great.

Thank you Microsoft for listening to your consumers.
    I wrote to Microsoft and expressed my concerns about Money 2004 and they responded.

rlw

RobertWarexyz, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

After Win 10 2004 update File Explorer does not work

1. After Win 10 2004 update File Explorer does not work - Similar Threads - 2004 update File

2. After update File Explorer does not work right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update File Explorer does not work right: After a second File Explorer closes by itself. I do not know what is the exact reason but I guess after the Windows update it is broken. I tried to upload an image of the screen also not important because there is no meaning.I restarted to PC and it has still continued....
  3. After update File Explorer does not work right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update File Explorer does not work right: After a second File Explorer closes by itself. I do not know what is the exact reason but I guess after the Windows update it is broken. I tried to upload an image of the screen also not important because there is no meaning.I restarted to PC and it has still continued....
  4. win 10 / update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 / update 2004: Hello --- When win10 / 2004 was made available most of my computers had the "block" in windows update that it was not ready for my device --- 2 so far have lifted the block and I update one and it worked ok --- I am waiting on the other since my experience so far it...
  5. Windows 10 update 2004 does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update 2004 does not work: I have tried the update 4 times now. The first 3 broke it so bad only a complete delete of the drive and reformat and reinstall Window 10 worked to fix it. For the first time in 15 years with Xfinity I exceeded my monthly limited. I have never even remotely come close...
  6. Win 10 update 2004

Win 10 update 2004: Had notification that version 2004 was ready to update. Selected download and install. After a funny install Lock outs and blank screens still have Version 1909 OS Build 18363.595 which is the latest build. Question what happen to 2004?...
  7. Win 10 update 2004

Win 10 update 2004: How long does it takes to download and install this update. It has been running for four straight hrs. just to get to 94% and my desktop is not a slouch. Pls & thk-u GP...
  8. win 10 update 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 update 2004: my toredo show state Type is disabled,and state is offline. before update this was also a problem but could be resolved by using command netsh interface toredo set state type=enterpriseclient this no longer works. games like forza 4 no longer connect to multiplayer because...
  9. WiFi does not work after the win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi does not work after the win 10 update: My wifi will work for 1 minute to 10 minutes, but usually 2 to 3 before it disconnects. It is NOT the wifi itself, since other computers connect without problems. I am without solutions. Internet works with an Ethernet cable without problems. HELP....
  10. File explorer search does not work properly after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer search does not work properly after 1903 update: Hi all, so after doing the 1903 update on one of our computers (from 1709), the File explorer search seems to be... to put it bluntly, basically broken. At first, when searching something, depending on the string, the results would be either, about a quarter of the files...