Windows 10: After Win 10 Clean Install, Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Help!

Discus and support After Win 10 Clean Install, Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, After I clean installed win 10 2 days ago I'm not able to install my Nvidia driver. I get this error: “NVIDIA Installer cannot continue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Apr 20, 2019.

1. yahanna Win User

After Win 10 Clean Install, Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Help!

Hey guys,

After I clean installed win 10 2 days ago I'm not able to install my Nvidia driver. I get this error:

NVIDIA Installer cannot continue.
    This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows. Please update your driver using GeForce Experience to download the correct version.

I've read that many people are having this issue. How do I fix this??

:)

yahanna, Apr 20, 2019
  2. kajson Win User

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink After Win 10 Clean Install, Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Help! ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Fox34 Win User

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

1. After Win 10 Clean Install, Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Help! - Similar Threads - Clean Install Can't

2. VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED 117 error after a clean Nvidia driver install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED 117 error after a clean Nvidia driver install: So I was noticing my laptop's TDP wall being lower than designed 165 W -> 145 W. I thought it might be because I was using a Studio Driver, so I went to Nvidia's website and downloaded the latest Game Ready Driver for my laptop.But the abnormal TDP wall is still there. And...
  3. VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED 117 error after a clean Nvidia driver install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED 117 error after a clean Nvidia driver install: So I was noticing my laptop's TDP wall being lower than designed 165 W -> 145 W. I thought it might be because I was using a Studio Driver, so I went to Nvidia's website and downloaded the latest Game Ready Driver for my laptop.But the abnormal TDP wall is still there. And...
  4. NVIDIA driver for clean install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA driver for clean install: I'm getting ready to do a Win10 Pro MCT ISO USB based clean install on a Dell XPS 8700. The machine has an NVIDIA GTX 745 card. In preparing for the install I discovered there are three 451.67 drivers to be considered. I installed the 451.67 for the Win8.1-64 machine. I then...
  5. Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.

Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.: Hey guys, So i recently had to reformat my pc back to Base Windows 10. I've been trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 since my laptop doesn't have any of these installed anymore, but when I click the .exe nothing happens. At the same time, if I try to install an...
  6. Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.: Hey guys, So i recently had to reformat my pc back to Base Windows 10. I've been trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 since my laptop doesn't have any of these installed anymore, but when I click the .exe nothing happens. At the same time, if I try to install an...
  7. Can't install Nvidia Drivers after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Nvidia Drivers after Windows 10 Update: I got a brand new Surface Book 2 with the following specs: - 13,5" - Intel Core i7-8250U - 8gb RAM - 256GB SSD - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Yesterday I updated to the new Version of Windows (Windows 10 1905 183662.145), and if I now try to install the Nvidia Driver, I...
  8. After Win 10 Clean Install, Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Help!

After Win 10 Clean Install, Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Help!: Hey guys, After I clean installed win 10 2 days ago I'm not able to install my Nvidia driver. I get this error: “NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows. Please update your driver using GeForce Experience...
  9. Clean install and automatic video card driver install (nvidia)

Clean install and automatic video card driver install (nvidia): Sorry if this has been addressed already (a search didn't yield exactly what I was looking for). I'm planning on doing a clean install of Win10 next weekend after upgrading from 7 x64 Pro. I'm wondering if anybody has a detailed account on what happens after the first load of...
  10. Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install

Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install: I've upgraded from Win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro x64 via the upgrade install. The system indicates the Win 10 install is activated. Presently, this install is to buggy. I intend to wipe the disk clean and perform a clean install via bootable USD flash drive and the downloaded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean windows 10 cant install nvidia

2. do you have to activate windows 10 to install nvidia graphics driver

3. geforce experience didnt install control panel

4. clean install windows 10 cant install nvidia drivers,
  5. keep being asked to choose which system to use after clean install win10 2018