Windows 10: AFTER WIN 10 PRO INSTALL COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP

Discus and support AFTER WIN 10 PRO INSTALL COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just installed a full version not an upgrade of Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Inspiron 14 7437. This computer originally had Windows 8. I do NOT want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Messianic Pastor, Jul 23, 2020.

1. AFTER WIN 10 PRO INSTALL COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP

I just installed a full version not an upgrade of Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Inspiron 14 7437. This computer originally had Windows 8.

I do NOT want this computer to EVER go to sleep or sign off...it MUST remain on until I manually shut it down or lock it out.

I have researched the Internet and done the following:

Personalization Setting and Advanced settings - Set everything to Never

Power Settings and Advanced settings - Set everything to Never

Local Security Policy feature - secpol.msc

--Local Policies > Security Options > Interactive Logon: Machine inactivity limit and set the time to 599940 seconds.

So far it still goes to sleep - need help

:)

Messianic Pastor, Jul 23, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 4, 2020
  3. AFTER WIN 10 PRO INSTALL COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP

I just installed a full version (not an upgrade) of Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Inspiron 14 7437. This computer originally had Windows 8.

I do NOT want this computer to EVER go to sleep or sign off...it MUST remain on until I manually shut it down or lock it out.

I have researched the Internet and done the following:

Personalization Setting and Advanced settings - Set everything to Never

Power Settings and Advanced settings - Set everything to Never

Local Security Policy feature - secpol.msc

--Local Policies > Security Options > Interactive Logon: Machine inactivity limit and set the time to 599940 seconds.

So far it still goes to sleep - need help

Messianic Pastor, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Rhaine C. Win User

AFTER WIN 10 PRO INSTALL COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP

Greetings,

My name is Rhaine, I'm an Independent Advisor and community member like you.

I am also using Windows 10 pc. Let us work together to sort this out.

Please try the following steps below.

Run the Device and hardware troubleshooter.

Click the Start button.

Click on "Control Panel" to open.

In the search box in the upper right corner of the Control Panel window, type "troubleshooter". ...

Under "Hardware and Sound", click "Configure a device". ...

Select "Next" to run the troubleshooter.

Once done please refer to these links below screenshots are available for reference.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-comput...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-goes-...

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. AFTER WIN 10 PRO INSTALL COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP - Similar Threads - PRO INSTALL COMPUTER

2. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  3. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  4. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer keeps going to "sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps going to "sleep: Started tonight, all three of my monitors show no signal detected and then go to sleep mode. Computer seems to keep running but will not wake up. Have to do a hard restart to get it back up. Runnings Windows 10 Pro, updated with current MB bios versions, temps are fine, no...
  6. Computer keeps going to "sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps going to "sleep: Started tonight, all three of my monitors show no signal detected and then go to sleep mode. Computer seems to keep running but will not wake up. Have to do a hard restart to get it back up. Runnings Windows 10 Pro, updated with current MB bios versions, temps are fine, no...
  7. Computer keeps going to "sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer keeps randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps randomly going to sleep: Henlo there. I'm having a problem with my Windows 10 laptop where it keeps randomly going to sleep, and I don't know what's causing it. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thank you. submitted by /u/JormungandRED [link] [comments]...
  9. Computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps going to sleep: Hi there, I upgraded my computer to feature 1809, around 6 days ago. Now, yesterday, I got the cumulative december 2018 update for 1809. Now my computer keeps going to sleep after 10 minutes or so by itself. I have it all turned off in power options. What can I do to...
  10. Computer doesn't go to sleep after fan installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't go to sleep after fan installation: I have a similar issue where my PC will NOT turn off my screens after the default time I set. I can set it again and it works for a bit, then it quits working. Try setting up your sleep timers and all again. See if it works then.