Windows 10: After win 10 update, locked out of computer

Discus and support After win 10 update, locked out of computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; after win 10 update, the computer wont accept my password. I tried restart in safe mode, but wont accept password again. Tried multiple resets, no... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jgravera330, Oct 4, 2019.

1. After win 10 update, locked out of computer

after win 10 update, the computer wont accept my password. I tried restart in safe mode, but wont accept password again. Tried multiple resets, no luck. Tried to undo win update, reset to earlier date, remove update, but all require a password to continue. What next....i am not a computer guru, so be nice and simple

:)

jgravera330, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Atom1 Win User

New Win 10 install-computer locks up

I recently took an Asus K73E laptop and installed a new clean hard drive and a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. With no other software installed, and nothing running, if I leave the computer on and idle, after a while it will lock up and I have to perform a hard power off and on to restart. Most of what I've read suggests that the problem is BIOS or drivers. My last update was KB4093110 on April 12, 2018.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this? Prior to installing Win 10 it did not lock up the way it is now, so I believe is it software/firmware issue. I did install more RAM during this process, but I've tested the memory and it checked out.

Atom1, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 4, 2019
  4. After win 10 update, locked out of computer

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

After win 10 update, locked out of computer

1. After win 10 update, locked out of computer - Similar Threads - update locked computer

2. Lock out of computer after updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock out of computer after updated: Hi, so I recently updated my computer, and once it restarted it doesn't allow me to enter in my original old pin code. It says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up your pin again. Unfortunately I don't have...
  3. Lock out of computer after updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock out of computer after updated: Hi, so I recently updated my computer, and once it restarted it doesn't allow me to enter in my original old pin code. It says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up your pin again. Unfortunately I don't have...
  4. Locked out after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out after update: My laptop ran the update last night and since then, I've been locked out. When I next switched it on, at the login there was a dialogue box asking me to sign in to my Microsoft Account rather than just my usual security password. Then another box asking me to set a pass key;...
  5. Win 10 Locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Locked out: Hello My father has managed to forget his password to gain access to his laptop, he has also managed to forget his security answers to re set the password He is getting on in years Is there any way that I can access his laptop We have no back up disc for it and he has...
  6. Locked out of my computer after latest Windows 10 update

Locked out of my computer after latest Windows 10 update: After downloading the latest Window 10 updates on my desktop computer I find I am locked out of the computer. The usual login screen image has changed and when I click on it to get the login dialogue box the image blurs and I am asked for my password. Whatever I type in...
  7. locked out after safe boot win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    locked out after safe boot win 10: I did a safe boot and can not access any accounts. Passwords are invalid. I know the passwords. Obviously I can't give win version Thanks to all who help 165907
  8. Locked out of Windows 10 after update

Locked out of Windows 10 after update: I installed an update to Windows 10 on my PC last night. Now it's asking for a Microsoft password. I went to Microsoft.com and created one, but it is not accepting it, so I don't have access to my PC....
  9. Locked out of Win 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of Win 10: Somehow i managed to lock myself out of my desktop , i cannot get past the lock screen. I changed the password 2 times but i think the problem is my username which i do not know how to change on the lock screen, help! btw , when i click on the i forgot my password link it...
  10. Locked out after the April update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked out after the April update: I have done the April update and I am locked out of everything. I cannot change anything What do I do? All security tells me I don't have permission. I want Control Back In My possession I have an HP Envy Touch smart Sleek book. all biometrics are gone this computer has been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus K73E - BBR7 windows 10 upgrade