Windows 10: After Win 11 upgrade from Win 10, File Explorer and taskbar not working at all

Discus and support After Win 11 upgrade from Win 10, File Explorer and taskbar not working at all in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello I just upgraded Win 11 from Win 10. Nothing is working at all after that. File explorer is irresponsive and I can open nothing basically, taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mehran Saeed, Dec 2, 2023.

1. After Win 11 upgrade from Win 10, File Explorer and taskbar not working at all

Hello I just upgraded Win 11 from Win 10. Nothing is working at all after that. File explorer is irresponsive and I can open nothing basically, taskbar doesn't work and there is no search bar either. If any application like browser opens after ages I cant see on the taskbar. I tried SFC/Scan now and stuff and other DISM to fix this issue but no luck.

:)

Mehran Saeed, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Art in NC Win User

Multiple computers upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11 lose icons in taskbar

I've noticed that multiple computers upgraded from Win 10 to WIn 11 lose icons on the taskbar, and Windows explorer has to be restarted to get them back. But new computers that came with Win 11 installed do not seem to have that problem. I've used sfc /scannow and no problems are found in the upgraded computers. Does anyone known why the icons disappear from the taskbar in computers that were upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11 and how to fix the problem permanently?

Art in NC, Dec 2, 2023
  3. Art in NC Win User
    Multiple computers upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11 lose icons in taskbar

Unfortunately, I just woke up my computer from a couple of hours of sleep and most of the icons on the taskbar are gone. Again, I had to restart windows explorer to get them back. Very strange that fresh installations of Win 11 are no problem but upgrades from Win 10 to Win 11 have this taskbar issue.

The only other difference between the computers with and without the problem is that the computers with the problem are Win 11 Pro. The ones without the problem are Win 11 Home.

Art in NC, Dec 2, 2023
  4. joea53 Win User

After Win 11 upgrade from Win 10, File Explorer and taskbar not working at all

Right Click taskbar in windows 10 after upgrade - works randomly, if at all to bring up list of pinned files

I had many pinned files list under a variety of apps on my Win 7 taskbar - very helpful. After upgrade from Win 7 to Windows 10, now the right click on EXCEL icon, for instance does not bring up the list of pinned files most of the time. With many attempts,
    one or 2 clicks may work so this is a random event, not something systematically broken. It happens with Office Apps, Notepad and Windows Explorer icons I have on the Taskbar so it is not related to the app itself. It is the interaction with the Taskbar that
    is random. Sometimes when I click on one icon, i get the list of files from an icon 2 spots away. It may be a delayed response in trying to populate the list of files. Thsi was working perfectly on my machine in Win 7 the day before the Win 10 upgrade.

joea53, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

After Win 11 upgrade from Win 10, File Explorer and taskbar not working at all

1. After Win 11 upgrade from Win 10, File Explorer and taskbar not working at all - Similar Threads - upgrade File Explorer

2. File Explorer and Taskbar working intermittently after Win11 upgrade from Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer and Taskbar working intermittently after Win11 upgrade from Win 10: I just upgraded from Win10 to Win11. Now my Task Bar is working intermittently. That is, in the task bar I right click on Excel for example in the task bar, then I left click on a file from the list of those I have opened before, but nothing seems to happen immediately in...
  3. File Explorer and Taskbar working intermittently after Win11 upgrade from Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer and Taskbar working intermittently after Win11 upgrade from Win 10: I just upgraded from Win10 to Win11. Now my Task Bar is working intermittently. That is, in the task bar I right click on Excel for example in the task bar, then I left click on a file from the list of those I have opened before, but nothing seems to happen immediately in...
  4. File Explorer and Taskbar not working completely after Win11 upgrade from Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer and Taskbar not working completely after Win11 upgrade from Win 10: HelloI just upgraded Win 11 from Win 10. Nothing is working at all after that. File explorer is irresponsive and I can open nothing basically, taskbar doesn't work and there is no search bar either. If any application like browser opens after ages I cant see on the taskbar. I...
  5. File Explorer and Taskbar not working completely after Win11 upgrade from Win 10

File Explorer and Taskbar not working completely after Win11 upgrade from Win 10: HelloI just upgraded Win 11 from Win 10. Nothing is working at all after that. File explorer is irresponsive and I can open nothing basically, taskbar doesn't work and there is no search bar either. If any application like browser opens after ages I cant see on the taskbar. I...
  6. After Win 11 upgrade from Win 10, File Explorer and taskbar not working at all

After Win 11 upgrade from Win 10, File Explorer and taskbar not working at all: Hello I just upgraded Win 11 from Win 10. Nothing is working at all after that. File explorer is irresponsive and I can open nothing basically, taskbar doesn't work and there is no search bar either. If any application like browser opens after ages I cant see on the taskbar....
  7. UPGRADE FROM WIN 10 TO WIN 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPGRADE FROM WIN 10 TO WIN 11?: SO I JUST BOUGHT A NEW LAPTOP WITH AN WINDOWS 10 PREOFESSIONNEL LICENCE OEM: DMACTIVATEDI WANNA UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 MY LAPTOP IS COMPATIBLE BUT DO I NEED TO BUY A NEW LICENCE AND THE KEY TO ACTIVATE WIN 11 AFTER THE UPGRADE ?...
  8. Upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11

Upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11: Why isn't an Intel Processor i7-7700 at 3.60GHz supported which would allow an upgrade from WIN 10 to WIN 11? Trusted Platform module is 2.0. All other criteria are met by my system. Thanks....
  9. Upgrade from win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from win 10 to Win 11: Hi, I have Win 10 pro installed. If I upgrade to Win 11 from setting > Win update Will I get Windows 11 PRO or Win 11 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-10-to-win-11/25e6153e-07b8-47e4-b6bc-e11eeed86b46
  10. After upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 File explorer has problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 File explorer has problems: File explorer fails when you click on the app on the task bar. Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xc3041aa6 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xf96f12ee Exception code: 0xe06d7363 Fault...