Windows 10: After win update photos changed size from 4 gb to 3gb and cannot open

Discus and support After win update photos changed size from 4 gb to 3gb and cannot open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was transfering files from my phone's SD card to my computer desk and suddently I got a message that said my C: disk was full, so when I checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasnaBarun, Oct 25, 2019.

1. After win update photos changed size from 4 gb to 3gb and cannot open

I was transfering files from my phone's SD card to my computer desk and suddently I got a message that said my C: disk was full, so when I checked the folders I realized all the files inside (photos and videos) had the same size depending on the folder they were on, and now a picture that originally had a size of 4 MB is 29,3 GB... The properties window also states that the size in disk is 4,00 KB, which i find odd.

It is as if each file (JPG or MP4) had taken the size of the whole folder they were originally contained on. I can copy files now without problem so it must have been a mistake when copying those folders specifically.

Also now all my files have this blue arrows (see picture) but i think it has to do with the disk being full, so files are being compressed.

So, what did I do wrong? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I cut the files instead of copying them so if i delete the files I'll lose everything... Is there anything I can do to recover the files?

If anyone can help me i would be so thankful

:)

JasnaBarun, Oct 25, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 25, 2019
  3. 3GB download required?

3gb is the win 10 upgrade file size, if you upgrade to windows 10 it will download the 3gb install support

Kevin Charland-Asselin, Oct 25, 2019
  4. After win update photos changed size from 4 gb to 3gb and cannot open

Profile photo change did not update everywhere

Hi Malika,

• From where and how did you changed the profile photo?
    • Did changing of profile photo completed successfully without any issues?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter and check if this helps.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers which can resolve the issue you are facing. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• In search type Windows Updates
    • Click on Windows Updates
    • Click on Check for updates and install
      the latest windows updates.

Kindly get back to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

After win update photos changed size from 4 gb to 3gb and cannot open

1. After win update photos changed size from 4 gb to 3gb and cannot open - Similar Threads - update photos changed

2. Cannot update to win 11 after ssd change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update to win 11 after ssd change: So, windows 10 gaming PC, updated to windows 11 finally approx a month ago with no issue. Out of nowhere my kingston ssd died so I replaced it with a samsung and tried to reinstall it. The install complained that it was not compatible with 11 so I've reinstalled 10 again and...
  3. Cannot update to win 11 after ssd change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update to win 11 after ssd change: So, windows 10 gaming PC, updated to windows 11 finally approx a month ago with no issue. Out of nowhere my kingston ssd died so I replaced it with a samsung and tried to reinstall it. The install complained that it was not compatible with 11 so I've reinstalled 10 again and...
  4. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo: Hi,I have a similar problem on 3 PCs. Unable to open start menu, cannot open settings, cannot open any photo. Windows 10 - 21H1. On another profile, however, it is possible on the primary, which is also the administrator. After creating a new profile, it worked for about 20...
  5. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo: Hi,I have a similar problem on 3 PCs. Unable to open start menu, cannot open settings, cannot open any photo. Windows 10 - 21H1. On another profile, however, it is possible on the primary, which is also the administrator. After creating a new profile, it worked for about 20...
  6. Win 10 not run on 4 GB ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 not run on 4 GB ram: I have win 10 pro which is run on 3 gb ram but when i update my ram to 4gb win 10 pro dose not open.BIOS shows 4GB memory but win 10 pro did not run WHy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-not-run-on-4-gb-ram/0dd28cd2-d01c-4db8-8a6e-de56e6e102cd
  7. desktop size changes after updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop size changes after updates: Every time my computer does an update, the screen size changes and is too big so all the icons are off the screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-size-changes-after-updates/bc9993c6-7a92-46ac-b05e-aec5245aadb6
  8. Windows 10 updates experienced multiple 3Gb - 5 Gb downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates experienced multiple 3Gb - 5 Gb downloads: Hi, I have been on windows 10 for a few years. I have recently (this month of August 2019) experienced multiple 3Gb - 5 Gb downloads that are unexplained. My service provider says it is probably windows updates? Anybody having a problem like this? and could it be failed...
  9. files changed size (from 4 MB to 30 GB) when transfering from phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files changed size (from 4 MB to 30 GB) when transfering from phone: I was transfering files from my phone's SD card to my computer desk and suddently I got a message that said my C: disk was full, so when I checked the folders I realized all the files inside (photos and videos) had the same size depending on the folder they were on, and now a...
  10. Cannot change display after upgrade from Win 7 ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change display after upgrade from Win 7 ...: I have a Toshiba Satellite (P755-S5215) and the resolution is "squeezed" ... from top to bottom. In addition, I cannot change the resolution. I currently have a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" showing in Device Manager. Should I get the latest Intel Display driver from...