Windows 10: after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not

Discus and support after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Woke up to my computer updating to windows 10 anniversary update, thought ok whatever. after starting a game and alt tabbing out to do a few things. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Skyllio, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Skyllio Win User

after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not

Woke up to my computer updating to windows 10 anniversary update, thought ok whatever. after starting a game and alt tabbing out to do a few things. i get back in and notice the screen is frozen but the game is still running, you can still interact with everything and hit the pause menu but the screen is still showing a frozen image. Does this for every game *Sad

Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics driver.

Any ideas why?

:)

Skyllio, Sep 23, 2016
  2. jc1079 Win User

Midtown Madness2

From what I've read the game is not compatible with the Anniversary update. what a shame. compatible mode needs some major tweaking.I did the free upgrade to win10 from 7 and it still worked. After the Anniversary update the game is too choppy to play.
    The OS and game are both Microsoft. someone should figure out a fix for this Great game.

jc1079, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Monkey57 Win User
    how can i diagnose a software conflict.

Also, when did the issues start occurring? i.e. after installing a help file for a game, after installing new hardware, and/or after a revision update in Win10 (i.e. anniversary to creator, etc)...

What is the Make/Model of the MB (if a custom build) or the Make and Model of the PC, if OEM, and what is the Make/Model of the graphics card? Is it compatible with Win10?

Monkey57, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not

1. after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not - Similar Threads - win10 anniversary update

2. Windows looks different after huge win10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows looks different after huge win10 update: Win10 suddenly restarted without asking for my permission today (i thought i had disabled that, it must have been re-enabled by a sneaky windows update). it looked like a huge update, instead of simply restarting once, i got a screen saying that windows would restart multiple...
  3. Win10 Taskbar Theme looks hideous after update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Taskbar Theme looks hideous after update?: Hey gang - sorry if this has been posted before I had a quick search and couldn't find anything. Have just done a Win10 update I'd been putting off for a while and now the bottom taskbar looks obnoxious. Rather than the nice transparent theme its kind of just glowing...
  4. Horrible stutter in games after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horrible stutter in games after Anniversary Update: I get an awful stutter when gaming after my PC updated itself to 1607. I play only two games, Battlefield 4 and QuakeLive. I always play with vsync on. Right now anything below 144 fps results in stuttering which feels like gaming with 50-60 fps in BF4 (gfx settings...
  5. Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update: Hi, I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not aware of before the update. (1) Somehow my System Restore was set to Disabled and all of my restore points are now gone...
  6. Anniversary Update Win10 printer not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anniversary Update Win10 printer not working: This is the 3rd major upgrade/update and each time I have had to re-install printer, drivers, etc. All steps have been taken again this time, with tech support and on my own. Documents are sitting in the print queue, but my printer will not print them. I am not the only...
  7. Two different start menu looks after Anniversary Update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Two different start menu looks after Anniversary Update...: This is my start menu (with the icons only along the left): [img] This is my wife's laptop (with the "Most used" section AND the names beside the icons): [img] I would like my laptop's start menu to look like my wife's...with the "Most used" section, etc. How is...
  8. Win10 Anniversary Update Woes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Anniversary Update Woes: Updated yesterday to Anniversary Update. My PC worked AoK for about an hour and then the Desktop stopped working. The mouse pointer still moved around, but will not activate the start menu, or any applications. Resorted to a hard re-boot. After that, Win-AU would work for 15...
  9. First look: Microsoft's Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    First look: Microsoft's Windows 10 Anniversary Update: It's a tradition. Another Windows release, another non-reviewer's review by yours truly. (I call my reviews "non-reviewer" ones because unlike some of my colleagues, I don't do many and definitely don't do them as thoroughly, with all the speeds and feeds.) I've had a...
  10. (win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    (win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes: sometimes the task bar freezes. i cannot open or close any program using the task bar icons. i cannot access the task manager by right-clicking on the task bar. open programs continue to run all right. i uninstalled the last two programs that i installed before the problem....